Search results

1. Coil Packs

I understand the latest spec are 06A 905 115D - i could be wrong tho.
  2. R badges??

hi mate, can you also get the CUPRA badge that goes in front of the R? if so, how much? cheers
  3. Coil Packs

i didn't realise but only one of my coil packs was upgraded to the latest spec when i bought the car. i found out when one of the old ones (cyl 2) died on holiday in france, so replaced that one with latest spec too (after stuttering around for a few days) WHen i got back to the UK, i bought a...
  4. dog bone mount

can't say which is best as i only have driven with the powerflex red. but for me it's fine, no vibrations coming through but still seems to do what it's supposed to. then again, my old dogbone had the little round bush completely disintegrated so it was always gonna be an improvement!
  5. Drivers Side Rear Door Wont Open

my rear offside door is stuck shut too now. outside handle lifts with no resistance. inside handle lifts a bit but gets really stiff and feels like something will break if i keep pulling. really not looking forward to trying to take the door card off a shut door...
  6. Severe vibration.

Presumably if it's impossible to warp their discs, if you get a new pair which fix the issue, they'll give you them FOC? :)
  7. LCR Recaro - Spring?

i found one of these under each of my LCR recaro's too. no idea what they do, as haven't found anything that doesn't work...
  8. Exhaust blowing above turbo

Depends if you round any of the bolts. Take off the heat shield thingy attached to the top of the head before you start. It's a pita to get one of little screws out but if you don't you can't get the socket on the closest bolt and it will probably round. Ask me how I found out ;) Make sure that...
  9. brakes cut boost?

Cool thanks all, good to know it can be mapped out
  10. brakes cut boost?

Was just trying something out the other day and noticed that with any more than a little bit of brake, with the throttle in a steady position, my boost would drop down to nothing. When i released the brakes, there was half a second delay before it let me have power again!? Presumably it's...
  11. Leon Cupra R MPG?

multitrip average is around 31 mpg. for a single trip it's between 29 and 34. not much worse than my previous mk4 golf gti with 150 bhp :)
  12. tyres... what to buy

Eagles all round here on my lcr. Under £120 fitted a corner. Not tried any others but no problems at all, good all round grip. will probably use again when it comes to replace them
  13. Best exhaust to get

No difference, just looks. I asked cobra a little while back. Don't imagine they sell many baffled...
  14. Air circulation problem

I still get a smell in mine after I turn the aircon off and go back to the normal fan. Stinks for about 5 mins. Changed the cabin air filter, put one of those bombs that goes in the pass footwell which you leave to spray with the aircon on recirc, also got some of that spray that you squirt down...
  15. Running rough - coilpack?

One of mine died from a bit of boost last week. Diagnosed by removing one plug at a time - was clearly number 2 cylinder as nothing changed when I unplugged it. Turns out the coil was the early type. My LCR was not covered by the recall (checked on the vin). Replaced that one by itself as I was...
  16. what have you done to your car today ?

Fitted a new aeroblade wiper to the rear. Exciting. Also fitted a new coil pack after one going on me in France. Turns out they hadn't been done but also the car was not subject to a recall on this issue...?
  17. 2003 Leon Cupra jacking point cover

Rubber hammer does a great job. Clip the top in,hold the bottom in place, and then a couple of hits secures it. I learnt this after thumping it and trying to press it back with my foot sitting on the floor didn't really work
  18. Exhaust?

I've had no quality issues with my cobra and haven't read anyone else with quality problems either. Check the for sale section if you fancy a cobra cat back :)
  19. URGENT!! cracked manifold/ blown gasket

if it's the gasket between the manifold and turbo, i could feel mine blowing when i stuck my hand down the back of the engine, as well as hearing the fut-fut-fut-fut if the bolts don't round off, it's fine, couple hours. if they do... well i probably spent 2 days changing that poxy gasket.
  20. Differences in exhaust sound??

i have a cobra non-res cat back on my LCR. it sounds good and not too boomy on a cruise tho does get loud when you put your foot down. few pops on decel too which is nice but i've just bought a resonated cobra cat back to replace it as i just want it a little more subtle (and it'll let me hear...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.