Search results

1. Richoscos

Questions for any MK2 Cupra Owner

Sorry mate. Yes, changing the coolant resevoir lid stopped it
  2. Richoscos

DMF Symptoms and Input Shaft Bearing: Info for Owners

Update: This hasn't fixed the problem of the car juddering when slowing down at 2.5k revs. It's actually worse now. Anyone got any ideas? After having spent this amount of money, I am absolutely skint and am my wits end with this. Any ideas or help at all very much appreciated. Thanks, Rich
  3. Richoscos

Input shaft noise is always there and rises and falls with the revs. Not sure about a clutch whine
  4. Richoscos

Hi guys, My completely bone-stock, '11 plate Cupra, 6spd, manual @ 67k miles (not quite sure of gearbox code, engine code is CDLD. I think transmission code is maybe MQ2?), is currently having the gearbox bearings, clutch and DMF replaced. I have had the input shaft bearing whine for a while...
  5. Richoscos

Steering feels odd

I'm sure it will be. I wonder if the issue is something that we can check for before it gets to the stage it did with your car? Is it steering rack bushes and do they gradually fail? If the bushes had been replaced, could the catastrophic nature of the issue have been avoided?
  6. Richoscos

2011 Cupra Exhaust Popping and Rocking car at Idle

Mine was pretty much constant when it went; ever couple of seconds it would rock the car. It's misfiring at idle still, but it's not as pronounced as when the injector failed. It's just ticked over 66k so I think it's due for an inlet valve cleaning. That's another £400 I think. Plus I think my...
  7. Richoscos

Steering feels odd

What?! Why did they say it was fine and then the head say that?!
  8. Richoscos

Driver Steering Recommendation VCDS Setting

Would a 2011 Cupra have this option? The one described in this post: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/533535-2013-Steering-Issues-VAG-COM-Fix And has anyone turned it on or off and noticed a difference?
  9. Richoscos

Anyone removed the throttle body?

I've got the same engine and on previous cars, I've always cleaned the TB periodically. I've often stood there looking at the TB on the Cupra and thought about how I'd do it. I've not plucked the courage up to do it yet. However, what Alex says is something I'm getting increasingly more...
  10. Richoscos

Yeah, sorry mate. You didn't sound stupid!
  11. Richoscos

Yeah, I've had it nigh on 2 years now and at the last service they said it was right at the minimum level. That's when they did the pressure test. Since then (a couple of months ago), I've been checking it a couple of times a week and it has dropped.
  12. Richoscos

Cheers mate. Will do. I keep an eye on it but haven't had to top it up yet
  13. Richoscos

Ooh, I like your thinking lol. MOT next month so I'll get them to look at that plus this slow coolant leak I have (pressure test didn't show anything and it's not being burned). I'll update here with my findings for both
  14. Richoscos

Head Cleaning

Nice one, guys. Sorry for the bump.
  15. Richoscos

Head Cleaning

Anyone?
  16. Richoscos

What were the symptoms of the CV jointa going? I'm starting to get a lot more vibration through the steering wheel over bumps and the steering feels quite light. Just trying to narrow it down. Vibration might be bush related - done just over 60k now, and not sure about the steering.
  17. Richoscos

Head Cleaning

Stock '11 plate Cupra, 61k miles. My car is definitely due to have the intake valves cleaned but I have no idea where to go or what price is reasonable, or even what method is acceptable. I've been quoted £500 by AMD Essex to clean it and I'm guessing this is via stripping the head, but I...
  18. Richoscos

It is running very smooth now. I think the injector has slowly been failing for a few k miles. Cheers for input guys, appreciate it.
  19. Richoscos

That was for the injector replacement mate. Apparently they've never seen anything as bad as my valves were. They also said that they wouldn't be able to clean them without taking the head off so it'd be worth taking it to somewhere like AMD to get done.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise