Search results

1. Wireless charging not working

As the title suggests, wireless charging has suddenly stopped working. Worked fine for the last year but now doesn’t recognise either of our iPhones. Am I missing a setting somewhere? thanks!
  2. Cold start - tappy!

Hi all, Had my Formentor for coming up to a year now and there’s one thing that has gotten on my nerves from (I think) pretty much day 1. On a cold start, whether it’s warm outside or not - the engine sounds like an absolute bag of spanners! Give it even just 5 minutes of driving around and it’s...
  3. Way to turn start/stop off

Hi everyone had my car just over a week now and absolutely loving it! Few gripes for me so far: Light bar isn’t on all the time with DRLs Start stop is so difficult to turn off and doesn’t retain its setting after ignition cycle Drive profile difficult to change and doesn’t retain I think all...
  4. 2.0 190 turbo noise?

New to the 2.0 190, loving it so far. So relaxed and composed compared to the 1.5 I had previously in an Ateca. I have one question though. I’m hearing a ‘whooosh’….’pssssssh’ when accelerating relatively hard which I’ve had in previous 1.2TSI’s but only very quietly in the past. This is quite...
  5. Ateca VWFS PCH return

Hi all, Currently driving a '19 plate Ateca SE Technology 1.5 TSI manual due back to VWFS late July. Unfortunately I have a dent on one of the rear door sills and I'm wondering whether to get it repaired or just leave it and pay a charge, anyone know what VWFS charge for dents like this or...
  6. What to do!

Hi everyone, Currently drive an 2019 Ateca 1.5 TSI which comes to the end of its lease period with SEAT finance at the end of July. I've had a Tiguan R-Line 1.4TSI DSG e-Hybrid on order since January (order was put in by the lease company October 2021) and as it stands, it still has no build...
  7. Under bonnet soundproofing & oil usage

Does anyone have under bonnet soundproofing on their Ibiza? I'm shocked to find none there and see that you can buy it online as an official Ibiza/Arona part for about £30. Also, What is peoples oil usage looking like on the 1.0TSI? Mine is a 2019 on long life servicing (due in 4000 miles @18k)...
  8. Brakes!

Hi everyone, Loving my Ibiza FR Sport, it's a great motorway cruiser. Currently sitting at 5500 miles and only 2 and a half months old! I've noticed a bit of an issue with the brakes over the last couple of weeks. At higher speeds, say 70mph and having to brake a little, I noticed vibrations. I...
  9. Service Indicator

Hi everyone, Our Leon is due to go back to the lease company at the end of July. We have 52 days left on the service Indicator on the infotainment, so we are keen to return the vehicle before this comes due. I've called the lease company and confirmed we can return the car 6 weeks before the...
  10. Touch up paint

Anyone know if SEAT offer a touch up stick in Magnetic Grey? Can't seem to find one online. Some inconsiderate person has made a small chip in my driver's side door [:@]
  11. Ibiza FR Sport DSG - First Impressions

So I finally have my car! A few will know that I had an MK5 1.0 TSI FR DSG previously so I'm moving to a pretty similar package spec-wise here. Engine: A little more 'thrummy' than my previous 1.0 TSI but the cabin insulation is much improved so it's barely audible. It does however shake at...
  12. Sold!

I've said goodbye to my 2016 FR Technology 1.0 TSI DSG. The opportunity came along to get a company car, so I took it! I sold my car to Arnold Clark using their ''Sell your car" service and I just say I was very impressed. They were paying quite a bit more than WBAC and Evans Halshaw so I took...
  13. Tyres

So my tyres are down to about 3/4mm on the fronts - when I was in SEAT for some warranty work recently they advised that I look to get them changed soon. I had noticed myself, as they're not giving the confidence I've been used to any more. They are Bridgestone Potenza RE050A 215/40/17 87V -...
  14. EPC - Limp mode

Hi all, just got back from a journey out, noticed halfway back that the EPC light was on, accompanied with a 'Error: Start-Stop System: on MFD. Foot on floor, had no acceleration but could go faster than 40mph, eventually! Almost like I had no turbo. Stuck my OBD reader on and that has come...
  15. Suspension

Hi all, I experienced a terrible noise after going over a speed hump on my way home from work today. Didn't take it any quicker than usual, probably about 20mph. The only way I can describe it is on push bike suspension, pushing down on it hard and lifting it - letting go quick, like its snaps...
  16. Couple of questions...

I'm thinking (just thinking!) of upgrading my MK5 to an MK6 when the MY19 is up for ordering. I'm just wondering if anyone with an MK6 1.0 FR DSG is able to answer the following questions for me: DSG Is there still a lag when pulling away from an island in 2nd gear? I.e. not coming to a...
  17. MK6 Seatbelt safety issue

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/103454/seat-and-volkswagen-seatbelt-safety-issue-identified I presume this is just MK6 and the MK5 isn't also affected?
  18. 7 Speed DSG - Leon TDi

Hi everyone, I have both a 2016 Ibiza FR 1.0TSI DSG and also a 2017 Leon FR 1.4EcoTSI Manual. I have quite a lot of hire cars for work and yesterday I was quite delighted when a 2017 Leon SE Dynamic Tech 1.6TDi DSG turned up! First disappointment though was no FullLink which is something I had...
  19. 1.0 TSI Air Box

Anyone know how to get to the air filter on the 1.0 Tsi? Doesn't look as simple as I've seen on other cars! Cheers
  20. Loan Car

Hi Everyone! My 2016 Ibiza FR 1.0TSI DSG was in for it's second service today. I was given keys to a loan car and sent on my way. Usually, I get a Mii, but this time it turns out I'd landed a 67 plate Ibiza, so thought I'd ask a few questions and give some thoughts in comparison to my existing...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.