Search results

1. 0-60mph in FR 184 DSG REVO Stg.1

Likewise, I too remember Hurdy and his lovely Edition 30....mine was a standard reflex silver specimen, still miss it tbh, the 184 is a lovely car but the Eddie was something special :worship:
  2. To wrap or paint?

Ah cool, thanks CK, car looks great with the triple r splitter[B)]
  3. To wrap or paint?

Thanks for reply CK I believe it's required to wrap the centre part of the splitter below the grill to get a good finish
  4. To wrap or paint?

Hi guys My FR184 is in bodyshop for some minor repairs to the bumper, I was going to get the splitter and behind number plate wrapped like others have done but bodyshop said they could spray those parts gloss black at same time as respraying the bumper, total cost £90 in addition to the cost...
  5. Sound actuator

I don't mind the fake sound it gives but recently it has started to really vibrate around 3k revs and sounds like a bee in a jar! I'm sure it's the actuator as when I turn off sports mode no vibration can be heard. I've read that it might just need tightening as screws can work loose and...
  6. LED hightlights

Totally agree, coming from a Mk5 Golf GTi that barely lit the road the LED's are a great improvement :)
  7. Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

Is it mostly on the SC models? Mines done 12k with no issues apart from the very minor dash creak.
  8. Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

My 2014 5 door FR184 has been fine over the last 6 months. There is a minor creaking from the dash area but nothing I'm worried about. They are great looking cars and I enjoy driving it although the build quality still not up to standard overall compared to my old MK5 Golf Gti Edition 30...
  9. fr 184 sudden loss of power

Hi Ewan Yes I've noticed exactly the same with my FR184. Happens every now and then and only for a brief second. Just had it serviced no faults found?
  10. Sport Mode Sound Actuator?

I can definitely hear the difference on my 184FR, sounds good IMO
  11. Emocion Red or Phantom Black for 184 FR

I personally now avoid black as a nightmare to keep clean, although does look great when shiny. Red would be my choice between the two but as others have said the stone chips can look bad but with the sunroof a great contrast and breaks up the red. Mine is Monsoon Grey with sunroof which I...
  12. Leon FR 184

Went for Monsoon Grey. Some of the brighter colours (white/red) look better with the sunroof as adds good contrast whereas it gets a bit lost in the grey but I don't like the rear plastic on the rear bumper with the brighter colours but blends really well with the grey and black cars in my...
  13. Leon FR 184

Good choice, I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the 184! I went for Sound Pack which is great quality, convenience pack (couldn't be without this!), space saver spare, 18" performance alloys (good looking wheel and still offers good ride and handling), sunroof.....love this!!! Oh and the...
  14. Heavy condensation in fog lights

Car booked in tomorrow to fit new fog lights under warranty, I hope these don't suffer the same issue!
  15. Milltek System for 150 and 184 FR

Would the non-res affect the manufacturers warranty? I've never fitted an after market exhaust before but like the look of this.
  16. Heavy condensation in fog lights

Thanks guys, will keep an eye on it and take back to dealers if problem persists, which I presume it will!
  17. Heavy condensation in fog lights

As heading details, noticed a lot of condensation in my fogs this morning before cleaning, surprised as weather has been good and would have maybe expected this more in the winter months? Anyone else experienced this and is this down to poor seals around the lights? Slowly going now but...
  18. Needle sweep

Yes has to be activated via VCDS, did mine recently through someone I know, it's a great little touch. Also activated the lap timer, fuel remaining and alarm chirp.
  19. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Hi Falkster Really pleased with these but no, someone I know has VCDS and did for me. He does loads on the Mk5 GTi forum I came over from after selling my Edition30, really knows his stuff!
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.