Search results

1. Handbrake issues

You have to press the brake pedal hard. There feels like a step up in pressure in the pedal and you need to push through this to get the bite. You almost want to press the brake pedal to the floor. If you're not pressing hard enough, then you won't get the additional bite. I had my Cupra...
  2. Handbrake issues

It's across the board with VAG cars since around 2010 with manual hand brakes. Foot hard on the brake when you're pulling up the handbrake and it multiplies the power of the handbrake tenfold. Do this and you'll notice the handbrake will pull up a few more clicks also. Apply this technique...
  3. It's goodbye from me! (Plus a note on PAGID pads)

JACUPRA, I have to say, I absolutely agree with you! Haha. The rear does already look dated and is crying out for LED brake lights and indicators. However when considering my options (I need 5 doors), this was the most attractive package for me. I always preferred the Cupra to the Golf R...
  4. It's goodbye from me! (Plus a note on PAGID pads)

And here's my Cupra's replacement! Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  5. It's goodbye from me! (Plus a note on PAGID pads)

Update: The pagid pads still aren't as good as oem, but they have improved now they're better bedded in. I'd still advise to stick with at least seat genuine parts or better, though! Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  6. It's goodbye from me! (Plus a note on PAGID pads)

Driving sedately, you'll get 300 miles from a tank of V Power until the fuel low warning comes on. Driving enthusiastically, you'll see around 250 - 280 miles before the fuel warning light. For me on average with a mix of motorway and A Road blasting, I'll see around 270 miles until the low...
  7. It's goodbye from me! (Plus a note on PAGID pads)

Will let you know when I pick up the 1er in a few weeks in detail. Only had a light test drive of the M135i so far but interior quality is certainly a step in in the BM. Not that the Cupra is bad. Far from I always preferred the Cupra's interior to the Golf. The bmw is helped by the leather...
  8. It's goodbye from me! (Plus a note on PAGID pads)

Hi all! I've been registered on this forum for around 2 years or so now and love the community here. It's been awesome to read hundreds of posts and writing a few whilst struggling through my 5 month wait for my new Cupra 280 back in May 2014! It's that time when I leave as I've jumped ship...
  9. Goodbye from me and a note on PAGID!

Please delete! Posted in wrong place.
  10. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

You will not be disappointed! Only one annoying thing about the Cupra (and it's a small one) which there was another bump stop in the doors! Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  11. Cupra 280 vs 290 - My review (cupra 280 owner)

It's not. When essentially it's exactly the same car with 4WD, less equipment and costs more. Plus the Cupra in the wet is terrible... That is until you change the stock Bridgestones to something else. (My person favourite is Good Year Eagle f1 asymmetric 2.) The minute you do that, the car...
  12. Cupra 280 vs 290 - My review (cupra 280 owner)

Cheers mate. Ok so here's why I think the Cupra is better than the R. Again my opinion and not fact. What I do see is that the big auto journalists never seem to feature the Cupra as often as they should so it's easy to think that maybe auto journalists favour the R. I guess the R and VW...
  13. Cupra 280 vs 290 - My review (cupra 280 owner)

We all know the prime fillet steak cooked just the way you like it is better than a cheese burger with bacon. Still, having the better option all too often can make it seem less so. I guess what I'm trying to say is as a car that can be a uncompromising family tool (1 son and another sprout...
  14. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Ah no! That's **** news. Didn't think they'd of been so narrow minded knowing they could quite easily sell a bunch from keeping that as a demonstrator. Ah well. Anyway, here's my detailed review. Hopefully it tells you what you need to know...
  15. Cupra 280 vs 290 - My review (cupra 280 owner)

So, for those of you that aren't aware, yesterday AM I was lucky enough to be the first to test drive a new black Cupra 290 with white pack (white pack didn't suit it tbh) but besides the point and of course how you spec it is very subjective. The lease on my 280 is coming to a close in...
  16. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Writing a new post now. 280 vs 290 Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  17. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Speak to Phil. Literally just test drove a 5dr 290, white pack and black paint. The one at Star City, right? They took it out of transport mode while I was waiting, so I reckon I was the first to test drive it. But definitely there mate. Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  18. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

SEAT (Bristol Motors) in Birmingham Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  19. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Test driving a 290 today (currently a 280 owner) so I will posting later today to give you guys my opinion on the differences between the two, especially the rumoured 'improved' exhaust! Few options I'm considering when my lease is up in April: 290 (the less similar to the 280 the better IMO)...
  20. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Have you got the 280 or 290? Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.