Search results

1. Seat Leon FR TDI BTCC Correction Detail Round 1 - Auto Finesse Desire and Mercury...

DSC02294 by RussZS, on Flickr DSC02306 by RussZS, on Flickr DSC02308 by RussZS, on Flickr DSC02309 by RussZS, on Flickr DSC02311 by RussZS, on Flickr Round 2 will include: - Full correction on the roof and boot lid - Wet sand on the poorly finished/painted bonnet to revive the finish -...
  2. Seat Leon FR TDI BTCC Correction Detail Round 1 - Auto Finesse Desire and Mercury...

50/50: DSC02274 by RussZS, on Flickr We finished up with: - Interior plastics with 1Z Cockpit Premium - Glass with Auto Finesse Crystal - Wheels with Auto Finesse Mint Rims (worked REALLY well on the matte black!) - Tyres with Pinnacle Black Onyx Plastics were protected with GTechniq C4...
  3. Seat Leon FR TDI BTCC Correction Detail Round 1 - Auto Finesse Desire and Mercury...

The car was then re-foamed, rinsed and dried with Uber Towels. I also used my Aeolus 901X to blow dry the car removing any water trapped under wing mirrors, around wheel bolts etc: DSC02254 by RussZS, on Flickr The car was littered in RDS and deep swirling: DSC02255 by RussZS, on Flickr...
  4. Seat Leon FR TDI BTCC Correction Detail Round 1 - Auto Finesse Desire and Mercury...

This was my first detail of 2012, and what a challenge it was! This car recently went into a local main dealer for some warranty work and came out a little worse for wear after being attacked with TFR and a gritty sponge, so today saw me remove their 'hard work' and also address most of the...
  5. This is the BIG one - Full Wet Sand Orange Peel Removal Detail on my own Edition 30

Being the weird, detailing obsessed type that I am, the orange peel in the clearcoat on my Golf was annoying me a great deal... This is what I'm talking about: DSC01841 by RussZS, on Flickr So, after 3 days of tuition and over 50 man hours, I managed to get it like this... (This is...
  6. Correction Detail - Mk2 Octavia vRS in Black Magic

DSC01372 by RussZS, on Flickr DSC01375 by RussZS, on Flickr DSC01376 by RussZS, on Flickr DSC01378 by RussZS, on Flickr Thanks for reading and apologies once again for the partial write up and the state of my unit at the moment :) Thanks, Russ - Midlands Car Care
  7. Correction Detail - Mk2 Octavia vRS in Black Magic

AF Revive was used on the plastic trim: DSC01348 by RussZS, on Flickr It adds quite a bit of colour!! DSC01349 by RussZS, on Flickr To finish up, after discussing options at length with my customer, we opted for Auto Finesse's Desire, to see how it holds up over Winter and how it looks on...
  8. Correction Detail - Mk2 Octavia vRS in Black Magic

Unfortunately this isn't a full write up (yet) as I have misplaced the memory card with the first part of the detail on (washing stages), so I only have a few pics of the correction work and a few quick 'afters' to show people how Desire looks on black. Please excuse the current state of my...
  9. Restoring emocion red paint work

You can get decent results by hand, but it'll hurt!! Take a look at something with micro abrasives, such as GTechniq P1, which will work relatively well - tape off a line and work up to it, to see the difference I'm correction an Emoc Red Leon FR TDI BTCC on Saturday, so I'll post up so that...
  10. Frozen Beading!

That's a very cool pic! What did you use?
  11. Audi A6 Avant 1.5 Day enhancement detail

That's a stunning finish there Nige! Very impressive indeed!
  12. Whats the best tyre dressing in everyones opinion?

Pinnacle Black Onyx for me. Not cheap, but worth every penny :)
  13. window cleaner

Auto Finesse Crystal for me You should consider protecting your glass with something like Nanolex Pro, or GTechniq too, largely removing the need for wipers and making cleaning your glass incredibly easy.
  14. Polish marks

As said, it will be caused by poor finishing down by the bodyshop. Ideally, you need a machine polisher to permanently have the marks removed, but you could use products like Megs 205 or GTechniq P1 by hand, with good results... but expect sore arms :)
  15. Which Wax or Sealant for first-timer ?

What colour is your car? Any pics of the marks you are seeing? SRP is a superb product and a great starting point.
  16. sealant or wax?

Sealants are generally 'man made ingredients' and waxes generally more 'natural ingredients'. Waxes give a warmer look, and sealants a more reflective, glassy look. Which you'd use, depends on a number of factors, such as required durability, colour of car and sometimes time of the year...
  17. Wax on, wax off!!!!!!!!

I'd personally go for a sealant on white, as they are more reflective and are also better at keeping a car cleaning for longer, and generally are more durable. Also, you should really be looking to decontaminate the paint before protecting it, especially being white, as it will show up tar and...
  18. Has anyone changed from a Clio 197 to a Mk2 Leon Cupra?

Thanks everyone. Gaz - I'm surprised at your comments on the Clio's cornering confidence - I have absolute confidence in it, unlike anything else I have driven. Did you have Cup Suspension and Conti's all round?
  19. Has anyone changed from a Clio 197 to a Mk2 Leon Cupra?

I currently have a limited edition RS Clio R27, which has got to be one of the best handling cars I have ever been in, but it's a 197PS N/A car, and the power comes in at 5000RPM, so I have a niggle/desire to change it for something with a Turbo. I've always liked Leon's, and my mate has...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members