Search results

1. Warranty issue rejected - advice required please

Thank you all for the brilliant replies!
  2. Warranty issue rejected - advice required please

Hello, I have a 66 plate Cupra Black. I bought it from Lookers Seat in Manchester in 2017. They were the first registered keeper. It had been intended for a member of staff who moved on, or so I was told. The car had only done 60 miles when I bought it and had only been used as a demonstrator...
  3. Write Off Criteria

I encountered black ice in my Cupra Black before the New Year, could not regain traction and hit at brick wall head on at about 45mph. The repairer considered the car a total loss, citing that the A-frame and suspension were badly damaged. Judging from the pictures above, mine was in slightly...
  4. Cupra engine noise – turbo damper?

I acquired a Cupra Black with very low mileage in February. Not long after, I started hearing a ringing sound from the engine area. It is like something is loose, vibrating or grating but it is not always audible. However, I have heard it in all gears, mostly at low speeds and applying a little...
  5. Cupra heated seats

The 290 Black has the buckets as standard, hence heated seats too.
  6. Buyanewcaronline.co.uk

I had mine transported the 120 ish miles but it was £300. I couldn't get up there so I had no choice. Don't forget there will also likely be an admin charge even if it isn't explicitly stated on their website. Happened to me with B4C. This should be sub £200 but its an unwelcome surprise when...
  7. Cupra 290 Black totalled - advice please

I know what you mean but never having had a crash, not even a slight dent, I never considered it. Always just worried about windscreen excess. I also noticed via Martyn Lewis's website that gap insurance is not always necessary. I bought the car new from an online broker at over 7K off list so...
  8. Cupra 290 Black totalled - advice please

Thanks for the replies. LM Barrett83 - I was under the impression that only trades people could access the glass guide/Parkers. If this is not the case, could you send me further info/links please? I was told by the repairer that their estimate would be in the region of £11-13K so he felt...
  9. Cupra 290 Black totalled - advice please

Morning all, Could do with some advice please. Hit black ice just before the New Year and then straight in to a brick wall. The Contis didn't stand a chance. Absolutely gutted. First ever accident. I have received a settlement offer which I haven't accepted yet. It isn't derisory, but it...
  10. Buy used or new through a broker

Got my 290 Black for Broker4cars. Got no customer service at all during the 4 months wait but I saved 7 grand so I didn't really care! Buckets are very nice.
  11. Problem with maps

Thanks for the responses guys. I will switch from 2d to 3d and failing that try a hard reset.
  12. Problem with maps

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can advise please. I have a Cupra 290 and it has developed a permanent grey horizontal bar at the top of the screen in the SatNav maps, about 1/2 an inch wide. It wasn't there a few weeks ago. Seat CS advised to take it in to a dealer but that's a 40 mile round...
  13. Leasing: is this a good price?

There are some savvy people on the Pistonheads leasing forum. You might want to ask for advice on prices etc there too. http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=255&t=1607379&i=8180
  14. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Hi, Apologies for the stupid question. Just used the SatNav for the first time on my Cupra Black. It only recognised the first 4 digits of the postcode on each occasion (not the full postcode) but worked OK with road names. I tried to look in the settings but could not find anything for why...
  15. Black Plastic Wheel Nut covers for Cupra BE

Only 300 miles in and noticed, while washing the car, that 4 of these had fallen off, with several others loose. Annoying! Does anyone have any recommendations/links for replacements please? Cheers, ganticus.
  16. Lazy Cupra Carwash?

Would your friend know anyone around Herts?
  17. Lazy Cupra Carwash?

How much are we talking? And does that include the alloys?
  18. Lazy Cupra Carwash?

That's great. Thanks for the advice everyone.
  19. Lazy Cupra Carwash?

Got my Cupra last Wednesday. Have a pressure washer and would like to spend no more than 10 mins or so every 1 or 2 weeks to give it a passable clean. (I’ve had it knackering my back with Autoglym SRP and HD wax, and Poorboys wheel cleaner!) So I bought Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax but...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members