Search results

1. Homer Simpson

Mk1 Leon N/S Wing and door wanted

Might be interested if I can't find one in the right paint. Need a bit more info pls, location/cost/condition/any postage? Thanks Ah yes I saw that one, it's in Kent so too far to collect but thanks
  2. Homer Simpson

Mk1 Leon N/S Wing and door wanted

This for a '04 Cupra but I think they are all the same? Ideally in Platinum Grey (LS7U) but not too bothered as long as door and wing are in good condition. May be interested in the O/S wing and door if cheap enough. Located in West Midlands but willing to travel within reason or pay for...
  3. Homer Simpson

New key question

I bought one many many years ago. I must admit it isn't the best software and it worked on the SEAT but not on a Passat of the same era. I think it was a KKL cable I bought and found the s/w online
  4. Homer Simpson

Door Seal Supplier

If the dealership can't order it then I doubt TPS would either. Checking ETKA, the Cupra R anthracite are NLA but you can order satin black ones, around £60 each which the dealership should be able to order
  5. Homer Simpson

Cigarette lighter to work on ignition live?

I always thought the cig lighter had an ignition feed anyway (most cars do). Are you sure it doesn't go dead after a few minutes when the car sleeps?
  6. Homer Simpson

Easy/Quick/Cheap fix for doors not locking?

I just strip the door completely, find it easier in the long run.
  7. Homer Simpson

Well that will teach me... the next day the driver's door lock started playing up! Would only open one in 10 attempts so I ordered an ebay lock for under £20 and have just fitted it (in record time lol)
  8. Homer Simpson

Having had to re-seal the doors and then at a later date change a couple of door locks, I think I can do it with my eyes closed now! :roflmao:
  9. Homer Simpson

Go for the eBay parts if on a budget. They do work and should last long enough - I've had mine over 2 years. As said, get them done as they will eventually fail completely and then you WILL be stuck. The washer could well be leaking and be the cause of the condensation inside the car. Check the...
  10. Homer Simpson

Adding a KeyFob

I wouldn't replace the ignition etc, just get a spare key and code it. You will need the all important SKC which if you are lucky will be written down somewhere otherwise you need to get it extracted. What year is the car? I successfully extracted mine with a KKL lead from ebay and VAGTacho...
  11. Homer Simpson

Air con ideas please

Get it scanned with VCDS, at least you won't be throwing parts at it although it sounds like it could well be the pressure sensor switch. If it does need regassing, ATS currently have an offer via Groupon https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/ats-euromaster-aircon-recharge-and-clean
  12. Homer Simpson

New VCDS Purchased help wanted

Best advice I can give is to save any coding before you make any changes, this way you can revert back if something goes wrong. Can't comment on the US lights as I've never done it (can't stand them as I think they look tacky) but I'm sure someone on here has done it.
  13. Homer Simpson

Car flip keyfob doesn’t work TRIED EVERYTHING

If you are keeping the car, purchasing VCDS is a good investment, even the 3 VIN V2 is plenty for your needs.
  14. Homer Simpson

Water leak. NOT door card

They may have just bodged it (siliconed it on the outside) although some say it works. The electrical seats are easy if you don't have the harness (likely). You need a positive which can be wired to the terminals under the steering wheel area, add an in-line fuse. Plenty of earth points too.
  15. Homer Simpson

Which code reader?

Bought mine from Gendan. They are dealers and so no issue about fake cables etc. The s/w is downloaded from Ross Tech's website. https://www.gendan.co.uk/category_145.html
  16. Homer Simpson

Window regulator rivets

I've changed a couple (one Bora and one Cupra), bit of a pain but not difficult
  17. Homer Simpson

Fitting skirts-Rough guide.

Pictures work fine. You need to use a workaround/add-on for chrome or firefox. I did post a thread on this but it doesn't seem to open. Here is the fix for Chrome https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg?hl=en
  18. Homer Simpson

New key question

Yes you can program the ID48 transponder chip with VCDS but only a new virgin transponder chip can be coded, you cannot code a chip from one car to another
  19. Homer Simpson

Which code reader?

VCDS is well worth it if you have a VAG car. I would advise going for a new V2 rather than the older V1, even though the newer V2 is VIN limited. As for a laptop, I bought one of these a year or so ago and it is a bit slow compared to my usual laptop but it runs fine on it...
  20. Homer Simpson

New key question

To add a key (might as well add a flip key) you need 1. Key + blade (cut) 2. SKC (PIN) 3. Virgin transponder (about £6) VCDS cannot obtain the SKC if you don't have it. I have managed to get it with VAG Tacho in the past on my MK1. You then need to program both keys to the car at the same time...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.