Search results

1. Saying goodbye to the Leon St

Yeah it sort of defeats the purpose of taking out a PCP. Got myself a nice deal on a A4 without a large upfront deposit and then tax, servicing included for not much more I was paying for the Leon. Nothing really wrong with the Leon, it served me well but quality wise the A4 is heads above it...
  2. Saying goodbye to the Leon St

Well anything else that isn't covered by the fair wear and tear policy. Just thought I'd have some equity left for a deposit towards a new car. Hey ho that's the way the cookie crumbles! Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  3. Saying goodbye to the Leon St

You would of thought so, but nearly 2k down basically only worth 9.5k. instead of the projected figure of 11.2k Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  4. Saying goodbye to the Leon St

True. Just one of those things on most cars these days but being in negative equity is not ideal. Time to look at some leasing deals. Something a little bit smaller, as to be honest I haven't utilised the space as much as I thought I would. Time for a change, definitely petrol not diesel. Sent...
  5. Saying goodbye to the Leon St

Bloody prodictive txt'ing! Depressed about the depreciation​ lol Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  6. Saying goodbye to the Leon St

So it's nearly time to say goodbye to the Leon FR ST after 3 years on a PCP. Likes: Styling for an estate is still one of the best on the market. Seat Sound System. Not bad comparing the price. Adaptive cruise control. Good when you're doing a few motorway miles. Engine. 184 has plenty pull not...
  7. Leon FR Mk3 - Mirror issue

Also after opening fully and then click up very quickly on each window after it has been fully closed and your hear that clicking sound. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  8. Leon FR Mk3 - Mirror issue

Maybe try a factory reset. It took me 4 attempts for mine to sort itself out! Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  9. Thinking it's time to drive it like I've stole it!

To be fair the car has been fine since but I'm keeping my eye on it
  10. FR184 with DTUK - comparison

I've took mine to 115 at santa pod lol
  11. FR184 with DTUK - comparison

Thanks that's about the same increase I was getting then . I'm so tempted but £600 ish investment, I wish I could drive an st with it fitted so I could make my mind up if it's worth it or not!
  12. FR184 with DTUK - comparison

Out of curiosity was it the sort of increase I had when looking at comparison websites?
  13. FR184 with DTUK - comparison

Paying monthly would put an extra £40 on top of the £195. All done by those comparison websites and then verified going through online again onto the cheapest provider.
  14. FR184 with DTUK - comparison

So the results are in. Basically not changing my excess, no claims protection, mileage etc but declaring a tuning box put the cost of my yearly premium up by £195. So £195 plus the cost of the the box, the extra wear and tear, not convinced it's worth it. Then again if I don't tell the wife...
  15. FR184 with DTUK - comparison

Never thought of just using the comparison websites. My Insurance isn't up until June and trying to change it now would cost extra. However for a laugh I'm going to put all my details in again and declare it to see what it comes too. Will let you all know soon!
  16. FR184 with DTUK - comparison

That's why I'm in two minds about getting one. If the premium went up say £50 no issues £100 plus then no way.
  17. FR184 with DTUK - comparison

With one of these fitted has anyone's insurance rocketed or only gone up a bit. I am interested in getting one for my 184 fr but not at the expense of a hefty insurance premium increase.
  18. Thinking it's time to drive it like I've stole it!

Well I've sorted by going down the road for a nice drive cruising at 75. Took 10 minutes and the yellow triangle disappeared. Let's hope it doesn't come back!
  19. Thinking it's time to drive it like I've stole it!

Less than 6 miles town driving in rush hour traffic. Usually I'm on the motorway at least one day a week but have been stuck in the office this month. Manual stated to drive it for 15 minutes in 5th gear and it should sort itself out.
  20. Thinking it's time to drive it like I've stole it!

Just hit 4000 miles. Issue is it hasn't been on the motorway for a couple of weeks so just short trips to the office and back!
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members