Search results

1. SRGTD

Formentor 1st Service prices

VW brake fluid change intervals used to be the first one at 3 years then every two years thereafter. It changed within the last couple of years; now the first fluid change is at 2 years, then every two years after that. With VW, the brake fluid change doesn’t form part of the standard service...
  2. SRGTD

DRL not working

@NigelF - be aware that forward facing DRL’s became a legal requirement on new models of cars introduced from 2011. I think the mk3 Leon was launched in 2012 so would be subject to the legal requirement. Strangely, it seems that for MOT purposes that DRL’s only need to be inspected if fitted as...
  3. SRGTD

Is it an overkill to tank 98 for the E-Hybrid 245 1.4?

Agree. I’ve used pretty much nothing but supermarket fuel in all the cars I’ve owned since the mid-1990’s as the local Tesco is the most convenient - and nearest - place for me to fill up (I’m not driving miles to buy fuel, using additional fuel in the process! 🙂). Supermarket fuel had never...
  4. SRGTD

How much Has car insurance gone up

@tracktoy - I dare say that insurance companies will also adjust their premium rates depending on whether at a specific point in time their strategy is one of profit or increasing their market share. They’ll also look to achieve a balanced portfolio of risks, so if they find they’re attracting...
  5. SRGTD

How much Has car insurance gone up

Unfortunately, it’s not just you, your car and your driving and claims history that influences your premium. Insurance is based on the principle that the losses and claims of the few are paid for by the (premium) contributions of all policyholders, so if other policyholders have had claims but...
  6. SRGTD

Wheel Bolts (again)

@Glosphil - you beat me to it! @hawkx617 - Sorry, but can’t answer your question re. whether the bolts in your pictures are genuine or not. However, from your pictures, it looks as if your new bolts have a tapered / conical seat. I think most (all?) VAG OEM alloys use bolts with a radius /...
  7. SRGTD

Squeaky/stiff wing mirror after washing

I have mine deployed outwards as i find it easier to clean the lower front corner of the windows nearest to the door mirrors with them unfolded. I also find it easier to dry the windows and mirror glass / mirror housings. I have to try and remember to leave my key fob indoors out of range of...
  8. SRGTD

Squeaky/stiff wing mirror after washing

@Metalogic - If you were thinking of getting this investigated by the Seat dealer under warranty, I think that VAG brands may charge an investigation / diagnostic fee. If there‘s an issue that’s covered by the warranty, then I think the fee’s refunded. The electrically folding door mirror on my...
  9. SRGTD

Seat Leon Cupra 300 Tsi car seat

Reported as spam.
  10. SRGTD

Best Wheels and Colour for white 2019 Leon Cupra

Many of the VAG (Seat, Audi, Skoda and VW) OEM factory fit alloys are made by Ronal and Borbet. I believe BBS also make - or have historically made - OEM alloys for VAG. Brands such as OZ also have a reputation for manufacturing good quality alloys. Mak are worth considering, as some of the...
  11. SRGTD

Best Wheels and Colour for white 2019 Leon Cupra

Welcome to the forum @JWadds. I’d go for something in anthracite grey, gunmetal grey or smoked chrome. Those colours seem to work well with most car colours IMHO. Ultimately it’s your car, so you should go for what you want! 👍 I’d definitely avoid anything with a diamond cut finish, not that...
  12. SRGTD

Will 225/45R17 tyres fit on a MK4 TDi Cupra 160?

Changing from the factory spec tyres to 225/45 R17’s will result in a speedo reading error; your speedo will be under-reading by around 6%, so at an indicated 60 mph you’ll be travelling at a true speed of approx 64 mph (see screenshot below) and in the UK it is illegal to have a speedo that...
  13. SRGTD

Battery Cover

I dare say Seat doesn’t fit them any longer either. VW haven’t fitted them for many years now.
  14. SRGTD

Electric drive not working correctly. Please visit workshop.

For me, the worrying thing would be if this happened out of warranty……………🤔
  15. SRGTD

What is this front body fitting and how important is it

It’s a headlamp washer cover that you’re missing; https://seatdirectparts.co.uk/parts/leon/mk3-2017-2019-facelift/body-panels-trims-mk3-2017-present-facelift/seat-leon-2013-2020-front-headlight-washer-jet-cover/
  16. SRGTD

Battery Cover

I may be wrong (I often am! 🤣) but I thought certain types of car battery need to be able to vent off certain types of gas(es). My VW has the 12v battery in the spare wheel well in the boot, and there’s a flexible rubber vent tube to the outside of the car in the bottom of the spare wheel to...
  17. SRGTD

Recommended Hand pump for snow foam pre-wash?

I’ve used one of these in the past which looks similar to the products you’re considering and I found it quite poor compared to my pressure washer snow foam lance; https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/cleanyourcar-foam-cannon Edit; Oops! 😳; I’ve just realised they’re not similar to the Foam Cannon at...
  18. SRGTD

Introduction

I do know the area pretty well. I don’t have a Leon - I have a VW 😮 🤣, but have been a member on this forum for many years. Lots of commonality between Seat, VW, Skoda and Audi models, so hopefully sharing some of my knowledge and experiences gained from 20+ years of VW ownership will have been...
  19. SRGTD

Introduction

Welcome to the forum Steve. I think I recognise that playing field; Poringland, just south - south east of Norwich by any chance?
  20. SRGTD

A VZN and Beats system

Agree. I‘ve had rubber mats in the last 3 of my cars. Soggy wet carpet mats are a pet hate of mine, and IMHO rubber mats are much more durable and hard wearing than carpet mats. Easy to clean too; a quick shake out to remove any loose dirt and then a wipe over with a damp sponge and they’re...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.