Search results

1. Project1P

Double din facia plate

Hi mate, I had the same issue when upgrading my OEM stereo to an aftermarket double DIN. I contacted Listers SEAT via email, pretty sure they sponsor this forum as a parts supplier for forum members. I gave them my model of car and REG number, just asked them to confirm the colour name/code of...
  2. Project1P

Chris's MK2 Cupra R

Whilst I was replacing my timing belt and all the other bits that go with it, I thought I'd try out the Powerflex engine mount inserts. My main reason for buying these was because under hard acceleration my REVO intake would scrape on a bracket that was fixed into the bulkhead behind it. Between...
  3. Project1P

What did you and your MK2 do today?

Don't think I could of done this in a day! But rather in 3 :p Replaced: Timing belt Auxiliary belt Water pump Coolant Timing belt idlers Tensioner New install: Powerflex RH and LH engine mount inserts Powerflex lower engine mount bush (small) Powerflex lower engine mount insert I'll post a...
  4. Project1P

New 2020 OEM Quality Chrome Car Badges (Group buy)

My bad, similar to a couple of others, I haven't been on the forum for a while! Paid my remaining payment, should be all good now.
  5. Project1P

Chris's MK2 Cupra R

Took them about a day and a half, that's possibly quicker than usual cos of the circumstances we're all in. The refurb place said that due to the nature of powder coating, it should be easy to clean now it's been redone, advised just a warm soapy soak should be enough to clean them on a regular...
  6. Project1P

Chris's MK2 Cupra R

Thanks! It was £480 in total, my wheels were pretty scraped so yeah complete acid dip and respray. I guess there's always going to be a day where you think ahhhh I don't like it anymore! Lol
  7. Project1P

Chris's MK2 Cupra R

So got my wheels refurbished, was a toss up between black or trying to imitate the newer Cupra Rs with their copper colour, as you can see I braved it and went with the latter! I felt black would make the car too dark whereas copper was a complete gamble, but if it worked then it would be a more...
  8. Project1P

New 2020 OEM Quality Chrome Car Badges (Group buy)

1. Syphon 2. BigJase88 (paid for by the forum for being the first to guess what it was) 3. Lozzy15 4. Legojon 5. Ian Sturgess 6. Jimbobcook 7. The Daily Meme 8. John Relf 9. Oliver Pawley 10. Nathan Penney 11. Jimbobcook No2 12. jdmsx 13. CalJames 14. Damo H 15. Damo H No2 16. icestorm81 17...
  9. Project1P

What did you and your MK2 do today?

I've got the REVO induction kit fitted my car Cupra R, but the bolt that fixes it to the RHS of the engine has now sheared off due to vibration and rubbing against the the engine itself, so decided today that I would fix it! The bolt has also started to make the hole in the support go off at...
  10. Project1P

Chris's MK2 Cupra R

It's been so long since I've uploaded anything! But, there's been a few new additions to my Cupra R since the start of this year. 3 projects and 1 general upgrade... here we go. 1st project was a wireless charger, this was meant to be a College project but this never took off so decided to do...
  11. Project1P

Chris's MK2 Cupra R

Borrowed my brothers GoPro for a short and not so fast blast but you get the the idea of the exhaust note I have. Hopefully a remap in the future will add some neighbour-loving pops, burbles and bangs! YouTube clip below!
  12. Project1P

Chris's MK2 Cupra R

I just have the middle straight through silencer, this seems to eliminate most of the cabin drone. Also got a video last night so will look at uploading it ASAP! Couple of recent jobs completed. When I fitted my Revo intake, I decided to remove the bonnet insulation in the attempt to amplify...
  13. Project1P

Chris's MK2 Cupra R

So after lying to myself that I was happy with the previous exhaust changes, it wasn't really loud enough and the tips were welded on pissed plus one was round and the other was more oval shape. I approached Powerflow in Southampton to see what they could for me and then whilst they were making...
  14. Project1P

Chris's MK2 Cupra R

Yes, stock seats. Mmm probably not, it was a gamble really, it was either going to be barely noticeable or quite a bit louder noise wise, wasn't sure! I think my induction kit drowns out most of the exhaust notes as that IS loud! Whether a remap would increase the exhaust noise, I would then...
  15. Project1P

Chris's MK2 Cupra R

Quick update as I've done a couple of jobs. Firstly bought white LED's for the number plate (Error free, but still chuck up a warning light), interior and front side lights. Then had a service done at my local garage, whilst there I talked to them about my crumpled middle silencer and...
  16. Project1P

Jimbobcook's Mk2 FL Leon Cupra R (sold)

That would be great, I'll wait for your review! Did not expect a gas strut kit for a SEAT to come from Russia haha.
  17. Project1P

Jimbobcook's Mk2 FL Leon Cupra R (sold)

This bonnet gas strut mod you're doing, is this a kit you can buy, or is it a few parts that you have to buy separately to make it up?
  18. Project1P

Sports Cat advice

That is an option, but the garage have offered to use some donor parts from another car, a straight through silencer to replace my damaged middle silencer and some bigger tips to replace the originals. My system was damaged by the previous owner, hence crumpled middle silencer and the system...
  19. Project1P

Sports Cat advice

Of course after I posted the above I'd find what I think I'm looking for, Nemisis UK, sell universal Cats, with product details. Any further advice would still be much appreciated.
  20. Project1P

Sports Cat advice

Hi all, I'm having some work done on my exhaust system (2010 Cupra R) and as it's due to save me some money over buying a whole new cat-back aftermarket system. With the money I save I'm looking at buying a sports cat (Don't want to go de-cat). I've measured my exhaust, 2.25 inches/60 mm...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.