Search results

1. marjohn56

Infotainment restarts

It's all to do with Glastonbury Hill, lot's of weird things go an around there, UFO's, Ley lines... you name it. :)
  2. marjohn56

Noises from my new Formentor?

I've yet to find any software that is bug free, except the most simple. The Info system is complex as is the rest of the vehicle management and there will always be bugs, it's the nature of the beast.
  3. marjohn56

Radio not working nor phone charger

I use a Samsung S21+, and that charges. However, when I'm using maps and something like Audible too it does not get enough from the charge pad to fully charge it, my Leon was exactly the same. In saying that I have quite a thick cover on my phone and that may be the cause of it not charging...
  4. marjohn56

Handover experience in the UK

I do remember when I picked up a new BMW 320 back in 2000, I was a bit underwhelmed then, I half expected a bottle of bottle of champagne or something.. all I got was a here are your keys sir and a 10 minute handover. A new SAAB in 2003 was a little better, I got coffee and biscuits. The worst...
  5. marjohn56

Handover experience in the UK

As mine is leased it was delivered, the chap was with me for over an hour going over the car and going through everything. He would probably have been there even longer if I hadn't said I needed to get to an appointment.
  6. marjohn56

Kessy safety

The keys used by VAG on the Formentor go into 'sleep' mode after a short period of being left stationary, said to be a couple of minutes. This means they cannot be interrogated using the 'man in the middle' hack, but as @oldgitdave says, for extra piece of mind...
  7. marjohn56

Esim Data

It may well be that VAG forcing owners to use Cubic is in breach of EU rules in some way, much the same as if they said you could use only one brand of petrol or oil, but as we are no longer in the EU it would need our EU cousins to check that out.
  8. marjohn56

CUPRA CONNECT

Interesting it says washer fluid level indicator is standard, so don't believe everything that Cupra print.
  9. marjohn56

Infotainment restarts

Not had an issue with mine, and although I did see the 'changing your system settings' popup in the first few weeks of having the car I have not seen it since the last update. Seems these things are totally random and inconsistent across different cars - which makes it a nightmare to fix. I did...
  10. marjohn56

Apple Music / Tidal

Up until the last change you could create your own playlists on Amazon Music, we had a several, a couple for driving and a few for household things such as BBQ's and parties, really easy to just say 'Alexa, play my xxxx playlist' or whatever; all those are gone now, lost forever. From what I...
  11. marjohn56

Apple Music / Tidal

I read a lot about people having issues with AA and the infotainment system generally. TBF I have found, at least for me, that AA has worked flawlessly as has the infotainment system, no reboots, freezing or any other problems. The phone is set to automaticallly switch its hotspot on as soon as...
  12. marjohn56

Apple Music / Tidal

You can use whatever music service you like via android auto, better to use the data connection you have on your phone rather than the more expensive data package that VAG vehicles use. Just make sure it's compatible with Android Auto first, load the music app on your phone and before...
  13. marjohn56

Infotainment startup screen question

Yes, the welcome sceen, I get this everytime I start it up. Not 100% certain but I think it's since the last update. Mine welcomes me with my name as it's all registered to the key etc.
  14. marjohn56

Things that have randomly broken on my car since the cold weather

Sister-in-law has just got a new T-Roc, guess what, she has the same issues as noted here, locking, sensors etc.
  15. marjohn56

What is annoying after a long trip down the motorway and back on Saturday ( apart from the usual lane hoggers ) is the lack of headlight washers and washer fluid level warning. I had to stop at a services and clean the headlamps. I wasn't the only one though, a Merc driver was doing the same.
  16. marjohn56

Just went out in mine, car says it's 0°c. it's been parked up since the snow last weekend and was covered in snow & ice. I had no issues at all, asked me to do an update on the info system, which it did whilst I drive a few miles to pick something up. No warnings from front sensors, though I...
  17. marjohn56

A pillar removal

Yes did mine pretty easily, just pull firmly on the cover, it will come away far enough to run the cable behind and down to the top of the dash, then remove the side cover where the airbag switch is, you can then run the cable over to the top of the fuse panel. The hardest thing to do was...
  18. marjohn56

Front assist and drive assist disabled

Yes, happening to me on the zeroish morning temperatures. Spray with de-icer and wipe off all good. First time it cleared itself after about 10 minutes, second time I pulled over and sprayed and wiped them just to see what happens. It's just an assist, I can drive happilly without it when it's...
  19. marjohn56

Formentor changing vehicle settings randomly

Is it the same with both fobs?
  20. marjohn56

Formentor changing vehicle settings randomly

There is Insufficient power supplied by the wireless charging pad when you are using android auto AND using the phone as a wifi hotspot that the car connects to rather than the other way round. Not the cars fault or the phones, it's just the way it is. I pop the phone in the arm rest and plug it...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members