Search results

1. Rob2k68

Leon ST FR 184 ride comfort from alloys

I've not driven them back to back so no direct comparison but not had any issues with the 18's fitted to my car - also have a baby seat in the back. Ride is much more forgiving than cars I've had in the past and comparable to the A3 S-line I had a few cars back.
  2. Rob2k68

Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

Which side trim did you pull off ?, the washer bottle is on the LHS of the engine bay so if you pulled off the RHS trim that's not it as I can't imagine that being the routing. Also not sure if there are any curtain airbage in that vicinity without going out to look at my car. Are there any...
  3. Rob2k68

Has anyone put paint protection film on?

Prob £200 would be my guess based on what I paid for a door and fender.
  4. Rob2k68

leon fr st led illumination pack question

Try with engine running and lights on rather than on auto
  5. Rob2k68

Hands Free problem

If you have access to VCDS you can adjust the microphone sensitivity :- link here
  6. Rob2k68

Rear window demister

Didn't know that - thanks !!
  7. Rob2k68

Rear window demister

Yes the time for auto power off can be changed on the mk3.
  8. Rob2k68

Time change

Mine changed itself - thought I had gotten up an hour early !!
  9. Rob2k68

Seat Easy Connect - Phone - No Network

Looks like people have discovered by the inactivity of this thread that ios 8.1 fixes this particularly for iphone 6 users. I now have a working phone/car combo again - woohoo !!
  10. Rob2k68

removing the wing mirror cap

On my mirror glass the brown wire was towards the edge of glass which is different to yours so I agree - it can't make a lot of difference otherwise Seat would have poke yoke'd it with different sized spade connectors. Changed my RHS mirror cap which was a bit fiddly I'll do the other side...
  11. Rob2k68

FR Fog Lights

Before and after shots :-
  12. Rob2k68

Fr184 mpg

Now touching 5,000 miles. With a 21 mile run up the Fosse way to work and back I'm doing about 250 miles a week. Average by topping up the tank rather than the trip meter is 47.5mpg. Running in 'Normal' mode.
  13. Rob2k68

FR Fog Lights

Managed to get mine done yesterdaday, if you have headlamp washers the washer bottle is larger capacity which makes this a right PITA !!!! I had to jack the car up, remove the wheel, remove 10 screws holding on the lower wheel arch liner and remove the lower washer bottle fixing. Without the...
  14. Rob2k68

LED Fog Lights/White Fog Lights

Philips Diamond Vision H8 5000k are a good match to the LED lights - very pleased with mine but incredibly hard to get hold of !
  15. Rob2k68

led foglight

Not LED but hopefully nearly a white likght at 5000k (LED headlights are supposedly 5500k) are Phillips diamond vision - I've just ordered some so will post up when fitted. The H8 fitment seems to be rare as rocking horse ......
  16. Rob2k68

FR Fog Lights

Need to do this as I've just set the DRL's and fog lights as coming/leaving home lights rather than dipped beam. Seems to be a shortage of H8 bulbs ?
  17. Rob2k68

Sound symposer

Set mine to 60% that seems to be a good compromise ;o)
  18. Rob2k68

Sound symposer

Done it just need to try it next time we go out ..... Select STG A9 (Körperschallaktuator) STG adjustment -> function 10 Select a channel volume of the actuator for impact sound Value corresponding to customize default value: 100% In adjustment to value 0 of the sound amplifier is completely...
  19. Rob2k68

Sound symposer

Can anyone point me to a link showing where this can be turned down in VCDS ? - cheers.
  20. Rob2k68

Wiper Blades

Brand new blades and still some residual spray under the clip to the blade on the drivers side so not great !
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members