Search results

1. kzslt1

ECU reconfiguring (ABS removal)

Hi guys. I would like to ask for your assistance in the following. Recently the ECU was changed in my Leon 1M, the car don't have ABS (never had), however the donor car had ABS from which the ECU was supplied and now it is constantly searching the ABS signal. Is there a way to reconfigure...
  2. kzslt1

ECU Swapping

Yes, posted a new question, not replied to one from ages ago :D Anyhow it's irrelevant now... IMMO2 cluster and IMMO3 ECU can't work together :(
  3. kzslt1

ECU Swapping

Hi, is it possible to code an IMMO 2 cluster to an IMMO 3 ECU? I'm doing an engine swap 1,4 (AHW) to 1,8T (AUQ) and as it turned out the factory cluster is IMMO2. Spent all day trying to align the pin codes etc. but without any success :(
  4. kzslt1

Addresses disappearing in VCDS

Hi guys, I'm having some engine issues with my Leon 1M (1.4 AHW) and after completing the auto diagnostics in VCDS I noticed that some Addresses/controllers are not available any more. It managed to run the diagnostics only on Address 01: Engine, Address 15: Airbags and Address 46: Central Conv...
  5. kzslt1

1.4 / 1.6 16V hot air regulator thermal element

Does anyone know where can be purchased a new thermal element (thermostat) for the intake cold/hot air regulator? The second hand ones that I came across were all faulty. They are suposed to be in open position @ 23°C and closed @ 10°C, but by time they can't keep these vallues any more and this...
  6. kzslt1

Shaking issue from the front of the car

As it turned out the inner CV joints failed. After installing 2 new ones everything is OK again :)
  7. kzslt1

Shaking issue from the front of the car

Hi guys, My car (Seat Leon MK1 1.4 AHW - 180 k kilometers - 112 k miles on the clock) has developed a new problem... The problem is a bit complex, I started to notice some shaking from the front of the car lately (~1 month ago), but not on the steering wheel. 3 weeks ago I went abroad and...
  8. kzslt1

Rear electric window conversion - advice needed

I bought 2 rear doors, because on my Leon the left door has started to rust and the right one is badly scratched. It was 40€/pc in the correct color and complete with all the wiring, windows, el. motors etc. It is much cheaper and more secure solution than repainting :) I figured that after...
  9. kzslt1

Rear electric window conversion - advice needed

Today I bought 2 complete rear doors from a Toledo and noticed that they have electric windows, against to my Leon's which doesn't. Now I'm thinking to convert the Leon to have rear electric windows. The Toledo was a 2.3 (not sure about the trim level) and my Leon is a 1.4 Stela. Can anyone...
  10. kzslt1

1,4 / 1,8T gauge cluster swap

In this case the easiest thing would be for me to order custom back plate. I can get it for ~30€ and it would be custom designed and made according to my specifications. This was the B plan, but since reprogramming would be necessary for the Cupra speedo, it just became the main plan :) Thanks...
  11. kzslt1

1,4 / 1,8T gauge cluster swap

Hi guys, I was thinking to change the gauge cluster from the standard 1,4's (booooooring black :( ) to Cupra 1,8T's (nice white :) ) but I can't find any topic on this. Is it a direct fit or is there a need for fiddling with the wires/software, can anyone help me with this?
  12. kzslt1

AGU & AUQ block differences

Thank you for the link, there are some interesting informations.
  13. kzslt1

I know this, but this is regarding the head, not the block, I'm interested in the block. By the way the heads are interchangeable, I learned that on various forums, some ppl did that allready. But I can't find information regarding the other engine parts are they interchangeable as well...
  14. kzslt1

Hi guys, I'm planing to start a little project, and would appreciate if someone could tell me what are the differences (or is there any) between the AGU and AUQ engine blocks? We are talking only about the engine block, not the whole engine... Are the accompanying parts interchangeable between...
  15. kzslt1

1.4 swap to 1.8 20V T

I read a lot about AHW engines on various VW forums (unfortunately after I bought the car), this is a common problem and it's not the oil pressure sensor :( By time the gaps increases between the engine block/head and the moving parts because of the wearing, and if the car stuck in the traffic...
  16. kzslt1

1.4 swap to 1.8 20V T

And where is the fun in just getting a different car?! :D Anyway I found a donor car that can be tested first and can get everything that I need from it for ~600 €
  17. kzslt1

Hello again :)

Well I can tell you that it's a blue one :D ...1M with an AHW engine and few mods like stainless Supersprint exhaust (1.8T ready :yes:) etc.
  18. kzslt1

1.4 swap to 1.8 20V T

I forgot to mention that I'm from Hungary, there are only a few (1-2) 1,8T's for sale and they are 3× of a price of mine's while I can get everything from a donor car, and including the purchase price of my own Leon it would be a 1/2 of the price of the "Cupra" which are in who know what...
  19. kzslt1

Hello again :)

Hi all, as I was posting to the Leon department, I noticed that it was my "first" post (again) :think: so I would to take this time to re-introduce myself. I used to drive a '97 1,4 Cordoba and I was a member of this forum, but than an Alfa 156 2.0 TS has been forced into my life, which I...
  20. kzslt1

1.4 swap to 1.8 20V T

Hi all, I own a 2000 MK1 Leon with an 1.4 AHW engine. The car was bought this year in June with a ~160.000 km on the clock, but I'm sure that it has been manipulated. The oil consumption is approx. 1 liters / 10.000 km, so the piston rings have been changed at some time. The problem that I...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.