Search results

1. camelspyyder

Extended warranties from SEAT.

Is the SEAT warranty extension scheme worth the money? Just been quoted online £173 for 1 yeats full cover. I wouldn't have considered it, but both my most recent SEATs ate turbos at around 2 years old, and as I'm not in a position to get rid of the current car, I'm worried it could happen to...
  2. camelspyyder

MPI - No thanks!

Just driven 30 miles in a brand new SEAT Ibiza FR which looks great in black, and the interior is mostly nice and it handles and rides well, although the steering needs to be less sensitive. I didn't know it was only an MPI when I got in, and even though I'm only used to a 1.0 TSI, I nearly...
  3. camelspyyder

Toledo to be killed off soon?

Skoda announcements recently look forward to the second gen Rapid - in the pipeline for 2019. Only the Rapid Spaceback will survive as a conventional 5 door hatch of a similar size to the Golf. The (Toledo shaped) Rapid Hatchback will not be produced any more. Will this be the end of the...
  4. camelspyyder

Toledo vs Leon vs Ibiza

Well, this afternoon (fora variety of reasons) I've pretty much done an impromptu group test starting with about 40 miles in my Toledo, then 50 miles in a brand new Leon, and finishing off with 40 more in SWMBO's Ibiza. To be more specific that's a Toledo TSi105, a Leon TSi110 and an Ibiza...
  5. camelspyyder

Digital Speedo

On the Toledo Mk4 VCDS (or Carista) can be used to enable a big digital MPH display on the maxidot. I want to do this to our Ibiza as well. Has anybody already done this on the Ibiza?
  6. camelspyyder

Dealer Fit Parking Sensors and SPS

Just booked the Toca in to have Park sensors fitted. Does anyone know if this will display on the Seat Portable System (as per the SPS manual)?
  7. camelspyyder

Toledo IV Pics

Shiny? Muddy? Dramatic Scenery? Arty? Show us your car. Here's a couple: Neither are brilliant shots but I'm looking for angles that show off the beautiful shape of the car.
  8. camelspyyder

Bumper protector for post 2012 5d

Hi all, Just bought a new TOCA 5d for SWMBO, and there's going to be a lot of loading/unloading of wheelchairs etc. Anybody know of a bumper protector that fits this model? Looking for black not chrome. Most of the ones I've seen have a date cut-off at the 2012 facelift. Is the...
  9. camelspyyder

Sports springs and 18's

Just back in country, and I want to make the car look a bit sportier. Has any one had fitted the Eibach 30mm lower springs or the H&R 35mm? If so, how much was the total cost, and how is the ride subsequently? Also probably getting a set of 18inch RS6 reps with a suitable offset (planning on...
  10. camelspyyder

Lighting Upgrades

I'll soon be back in the UK after 5 months away and straight on to night shift most likely. From what I remember the lights on the Toledo are a bit pants (well a lot really) for my 30 mile country road commute in the dark. Has anybody upgraded the dips and/or high beams, and what bulbs do...
  11. camelspyyder

DEALERS - Why no Recall Notices on Toledo Mk4...

...when mechanically identical Skoda Rapid's have had 2 letters out recently for mods to steering and the sticky accelerator pedal. The steering software is whatever, but the pedal replacement is for safety. Why havent the dealer network or SEAT UK informed me? I have posted a warning...
  12. camelspyyder

TOLEDO IV Recalls

In the last 3 months UK Skoda Rapid owners have had recalls for improved Power Steering Software and for a Replacement Accelerator Pedal Neither recall has been notified to me by SEAT UK.:confused: I checked today with my seller Penatgon and what do you know - there are 2 outstanding...
  13. camelspyyder

stop-start doesn't

My TSI 105 is fitted with stop-start - but it rarely works at all. 9 days out of 10 nothing, the next it cuts the engine at every junction like I expected it would. To be honest it activates so infrequently I'm always surprised when it happens. has any one else had this issue?
  14. camelspyyder

transferring in from Proton forums

Hiya, noob SEAT owner here. First VAG product I've bought since selling an Audi coupe in'93 - yes I know, before lots of you were born. I recently got a Toledo IV and it's not bad at all - better than people think. Anyway hello, I'm pleased to be joining your community.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise