Search results

1. B pillar ticking/clicking

I have noticed clicking / ticking noise from both sides. Appears when it is sunny and the plastic outside the door gets warmed up. Have a feeling that during the ride (even on smooth road) it cools and causes the sounds Any cure for it?
  2. Rear end / suspension creaking sound (MY16 FR 180)

Had similar issue - during rainy days the noise was gone and when it was hot the creak was back! Mine was some bracked near the rear right wheel thin which holds some hose (did not lift the car so could not see) Just gave a little shake to left and right - creek is gone now :)
  3. 17' vs 19' tire road noise

In your country you will have most probably good, smooth roads (as we do with very very new asphalt) But with older roads even 17' is very noisy and if 19' will be even worse, then I would better stay with 17'
  4. 17' vs 19' tire road noise

New wheels would be 19 original cupra wheels :) No clue about the weight. Current ones are 7.5 wide with contisport contact 5. new 19' cupra: 8.0 with verdestein ultrac vorti r
  5. 17' vs 19' tire road noise

I am planning to replace my 17' alloys with 19'. Any experience regarding the road noise, will it increase (if the db rating for both tires would be 70db) ?
  6. SEAT Sound Pack - how much difference does it make?

Could you point out which sub you installed exactly? I am also considering to have one...
  7. 12v socket in boot, permanently live?

What is the centre console fuse number?
  8. Seat Sound Retrofit - Someone on Spanish forum has done it!

You need connect the wires. Would be great to get step by step tutorial if you do it :)
  9. Seat Sound Retrofit - Someone on Spanish forum has done it!

I guess so. Otherwise you cannot change bass settings via media system
  10. Removing boot trim

Check this: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=417747&highlight=simmo1
  11. Seals - is it a dealer fix?

nope, it is a silicone in a liquid form in the bottle (like this gummipflege).
  12. Seals - is it a dealer fix?

Same issue here, I think it is the window seals.. but not 100% sure Used the silicone but it dries out very quickly and does not eliminate the squeak
  13. While my rear washer gently weeps

I join the club - same problem here. Appears only when the washer has been used
  14. SEAT Sound System rant

I have same situation, only available option is "volume adjustment" but I have not noticed the automatic volume change
  15. Interior lights flicker - how to fix?

I have also made a video about the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKqIZSR7O3U
  16. Interior lights flicker - how to fix?

When starting the car engine I noticed that the inerior lights (footwell, mirror lights) flicker for a second or two. Also it occurs during start-stop. Situation was the same with the oem normal bulbs (have leds now) . Any way to fix it?
  17. DIY: 5F interior trims removal guide

would this help: http://www.upload.ee/files/4670460/ST_boot.docx.html
  18. dsg 7 speed box

ok, when I will go to service I mention the problem
  19. dsg 7 speed box

I have encountered some(5 times by now) rough gear shifting from 2nd to 3rd in a cold start. Anybody else having it? Only the first shift is rough.
  20. static shocks every time get out of car

Just before your foot reaches the ground hold with your hand against the car body (your hand needs to touch car body; usually I hold the door ). So you will ground yourself and avoid these static shocks :) Have learned this trick with my previous car.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members