Search results

1. why i really worry about some mk2 owners..

Reactions when reading this... :wtf: ... :-o .... :doh: ... :lol: ... :cry: poor liitle beeza
  2. Remote Central Locking Question

Does the central locking work OK with the key in the lock?
  3. 1999 seat ibiza mk2 paint code

Not for Bengal Yellow they can't :cry:
  4. problems with lock fixing kit

Have you tried contacting the eBay seller for a replacement paddle? The kit I had from Eurolockz was a perfect fit for my '97
  5. problems with lock fixing kit

Not sure we're on the same wavelength here as its the paddle that attaches to the back of the lock barrel that turns the lock mechanism! Therefore, if you remove it, there is no connection between the lock and the mechanism and turning the key in the lock will not have any effect.
  6. Which spark plugs?

IMHO there's no point bothering with fancy expensive plugs unless you've made major engine mods. Just something like NGK BUR6ET as cheap as you can find!
  7. problems with lock fixing kit

IIRC it is possible to fit the paddle to the barrel more than 1 way which can give the wrong degree of movement to lock/unlock the mechanism. ie Everything seems to function properly when fitted but there isnt sufficient movement when turning the key to engage and/or disengage the lock. Its...
  8. Head lights/HIDs

Try Ozram Night Breakers - @ £14 delivered on fleabay & +80% light output from a reputable brand. :)
  9. Parts for Ibiza Cupra 2.0 16v...

That's not right - where's the rust?
  10. Anyone put quadruple exhaust on a mk2?

Is that a Nova?
  11. New Member (gearbox problems)

Crikey - never heard anyone say that before. I've had a 2 sets of cables and a recon gearbox so far on my 02A. And its never felt anywhere near as good as a decent rod change... time for a signature change!
  12. cant open door from the inside

When something similar happened to mine earlier this year, it was the drivers side lock mechanism. Where the vacuum tube connects to the lock mechanism there is a cap with @ 6 lugs that seals the rubber diaphragm - some of the lugs were broken giving an intermittent seal according to how hard I...
  13. Whats next?

"Rusty yellow" is definitely the way forward...
  14. ABF exhaust V's 20Vt

Same as Flapper when I fitted a 20vt on my 16v.
  15. Faulty aerial and AM reception

The base of the standard beesting aerial includes a built-in amplifier unit - its usually water ingress into this that dstroys reception. The aerial is held on with a big nut - you need to remove the rear pillar trim which allows the headling to be lowered enough to get a spanner in.
  16. dead drivers door lock, help needed

Same problem earlier this year - fixed with a £12 kit from Eurolockz on fleaBay. Technically easy to fit but somewhat fiddly. The kit was a perfect fit and looked like proper OEM VW parts. Its worthwhile cleaning & re-greasing the locking mechanism at the same time as its usually this that...
  17. Ibiza GTi wiper mods

Don't bother with the cheapo fleabay aero wipers they're much worse than standard and fit only for the bin. The only ones worth having are Bosch. In my experience these are much better than standard - much quieter, more efficient at sweeping the screen, look good and the last set lasted more...
  18. Cant Receive MW

If you have the beesting style aerial there is an amp unit built into the base of it. Water can get into this and rubbish the reception.
  19. 1.9L TDI Oil Leak

If the oil finds its way onto any part of the manifold or exhaust then this will smoke as it burns off.
  20. Engine Breather?

Had something similar on my valver and couldn't work it out for ages until I changed the plugs and discovered the tops were covered in oil because the cam cover gasket was shot!
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.