Search results

1. Snah

Widest possible spacers Cupra 265

All depends also of the ET value of your current rims. With the stock rims with ET 50 spacers of 10 to 15 mm should be no problem. But when you have a not oem rim let's say with ET45 and 6,5J width of the rim that already widens the track with about 10 mm for each wheel so maybe a 5 mm spacer...
  2. Snah

Cupra Clutch Issues

NP. probably you can use google translate because it is in Dutch: https://www.seat-online.nl/showthread.php?23037-SEAT-Leon-5F-Leon-Cupra-koppeling-vervangen
  3. Snah

Cupra Clutch Issues

On Dutch Seat forum a member changed the whole clutch assembly for a Sachs performance one by himself in 3 1/2 hrs. So where do they take that 5 to 6 hrs from for only dissasembling the bell house????
  4. Snah

DSG vs Manual really same 0-60 ttimes?

Just try this: With a manual do 10x a 0-60Mph and try to shift flawless as fast as possible these 10 times: won't happen. Take a DSG box and do 10x a 0-60Mph: always the same flawless gearchanges without the "nodding" when shifting. This is the real difference.
  5. Snah

290 black - running in? fuel?

Not forget when the car comes off the production line they let it run already then with full power and max revs to check the engine!!! Read the article well I posted.
  6. Snah

290 black - running in? fuel?

There are many myths about running in an engine. But one is recommended for performance engines, read here: http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
  7. Snah

2017 Leon!!!

Here in the Netherlands Seat priced the new Cupra at least Euro 5000 more expensive than the 280 2 1/2 year ago with equal options. I personally think that this way they will lose a lot of potential buyers and current Cupra 280/290 drivers. Why they put the price up thát much? Haven't a clue...
  8. Snah

Smashed Cupra 280 windscreen replacement info

I have now my 3rd windscreen in my Cupra in 8 months time, just bad luck. Camera (when you have one for lane assist) does not need calibration. It does it by itself automatically I am told by as well dealer as Autoglass.
  9. Snah

Cupra 300 ST 4x4 ordered today

Supposedly The Cupra300 ST should have the "old" Golf R 4WD en S3 setup. That means NO electronically controlled mechanical diff lock at the front but only a normal diff with XDS. But good that you have the mechanical diff lock in your contract so when this is true you could get out of it.
  10. Snah

290 advice needed

Default setting is 100%. I turned mine off by VCDS completely and now it sounds 100% natural and sounds as a real good engine should sound.
  11. Snah

Any one noticing more wheel spin than normal

When you have a REVO map over OBD maybe you can ask them to throttle the power in 1st and 2nd gear thát much so wheelspin is limited. With a stage 1 or even more on a stage 2 wheelspin will only increase and get harder to control by your right foot. Here in The Netherlands 2 welknown tuners...
  12. Snah

Any one noticing more wheel spin than normal

Getting colder and on wet roads I experience the same, but my pss on the front need replacement in next spring some time after switching from winter tyres to the pss again Send from my Shield Tablet
  13. Snah

Build week for new Cupra 290's

Read here (German): http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/news/seat-leon-cupra-facelift-2017-mehrleistung-allrad-721256.html
  14. Snah

Build week for new Cupra 290's

Facelift Cupra is officially announced. Will be Cupra 300 and the ST as Cupra 300 4WD and new DQ381 7-speed DSG. Ordering starts from February 2017 and first deliveries in April 2017.
  15. Snah

Needle sweep

Needle sweep is stock on all Cupra's. When you need coding possibilities check f.i. here (in German though): http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/seat-leon-5f.php
  16. Snah

Leon Cupra mk3 290 water leak/ turbo timer ???

When there is really a coolant leak and the level is getting too low you will get for sure a warning on your dash and in the car menu. So check the level in the expansion container if it is below the low level indicator.
  17. Snah

continentals, scrub in, turn in

The bridgestones perform under wet and cold conditions not optimal. Grip not so good and indeed without foot hard on the throttle in corners it is understeering. Same experience on a damp track. Put Michelins PSS under it and it wil transform the car.
  18. Snah

Updating Navigation software issue

Updates are released in May and November each year. Here is the link to check but not forget they only will work when you have Mapcare...
  19. Snah

Updating Navigation software issue

In the rest of Europe (like in the Netherlands) one can order Mapcare with the car. You wil get then 3 years of free updates you must then download and copy to the Navi SDCard that is supplied with the car by yourself. Unfortunately that is what I read here impossible in the UK what I think is...
  20. Snah

Leon 2016 facelift???

Here the Austria Website with more info, no configurator yet: https://www.seat.at/leon-5-tuerer-neu/uebersicht
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members