Search results

1. Continuing boost problem - MK1 TDi

Thanks again - that is interesting reading, however I'm still a little dubious. I've just checked the on-line store of my local auto parts dealer and they don't list a VNT turbo for the 66kw TDI. Which suggests the 66kw don't use one. But the 66kw TDI's are either AGR or ALH motors... which...
  2. Continuing boost problem - MK1 TDi

Thanks for the info! There's a couple in the list I hadn't thought to check out. I've read up on sticky vanes and how to clean them, and it looks like sticky vanes will produce the symptoms my car has - but I didn't think my car has a VGT. I've got the 66kW model ALH motor and I thought the...
  3. Continuing boost problem - MK1 TDi

I can't get to the bottom of my Mk1 TDi boost problem. I suspect the N75 valve, but I'm not sure. I think the car over-boosts and then goes into "limp mode". I'm hesitant to call it limp mode because I've scanned for codes using GoPoint and DashCommand, but no error codes come up… I've...
  4. Brake Guide Pin Size?

Thanks Matty for the info, and for checking up on hex/allen bolts. We've learnt something today :-)
  5. Brake Guide Pin Size?

Hmmm... and the difference between a hex and an allen bolt is? :confused:
  6. Brake Guide Pin Size?

Are the two guide pins holding the front brakes together on my Mk1 Leon 7mm Allen bolts?
  7. 1.9TDi starting problem

I found the problem. The plastic engine cover has worn a small hole in the clear plastic fuel line - which runs from the fuel filter! The hole is too small to leak fuel, but big enough to draw air. I temporarily fixed it with some tape, but now I need to figure out where to find a replacement...
  8. 1.9TDi starting problem

Thanks for this. I don't think mine is a PD though, but I'll have another look under the bonet later today. Cheers
  9. 1.9TDi starting problem

Hmmm... could you be a bit more specific? I've not heard of the tandem pump before.
  10. 1.9TDi starting problem

Thanks for your interest - I changed the air, oil and fuel filters almost exactly 10,000km ago. It doesn't appear to be losing coolant and I haven't noticed any smoke. Last time I started it I checked for smoke in the mirror and saw none. Actually last time I started it, it started fine then...
  11. 1.9TDi starting problem

HI - I'm having starting trouble with my Mk1 TDi. In the mornings, or after it has been left for a day or two it is reluctant to start. The motor turns over but it's not firing - like it's not getting any fuel. After a couple of attempts it will start, cough a little then seem alright. After...
  12. Code Readers - ELM327 vs VS450 ?

Sure vag com would be great, but I think for me it is overkill. I can't justify spending a few hundred $ on a tool I will (probably) only use lightly. In regards to the ELM 327, I've learnt that the connectivity of the ELM327 is software dependent, and there's a lot of software out there to...
  13. Code Readers - ELM327 vs VS450 ?

Thanks Gig John, but I don't use a PC (I'm Apple OSX based), so this won't work for me :-(
  14. Code Readers - ELM327 vs VS450 ?

I'm looking to buy a code reader to read and clear error codes for my Mk1 1.9 TDI. It seem the ELM327 Bluetooth/WiFi dongle and the VS450 are the two hot contenders. I use Apple as my computer platform and have an iPhone, so buying a cable and using software on a PC is not an option for me...
  15. Rear brake leaking

Thanks Bruce! I've just now fixed the leak. It wasn't the piston seal leaking as I originally thought. The leak was a broken tube, so I simply replaced it with a new one. Easy :-)
  16. Rear brake leaking

Hi guys, It looks like one of the rear brakes on my Mk1 TDI is leaking. I've replaced the seals on motorcycle callipers plenty of times, but never on a SEAT/VW. The automatic handbrake adjuster system on this car has me a little worried - is there something I need to be extra wary of...
  17. Brake pads - Pagid or Bosch or Ferodo?

Thanks again guys! That's decided it - Ferodo Premier it is :D
  18. Brake pads - Pagid or Bosch or Ferodo?

Hey, thanks for the tips. I just looked at the website for my local supplier and they have Ferodo SLs - cheaper than the Bosch pads. In fact they are so cheap I overlooked them before, thinking they were inferior quality. They also had DS but they are about three times the price - I don't...
  19. Brake pads - Pagid or Bosch or Ferodo?

I need to replace my rear pads, so I'm looking on this forum to see what others are using. I've noticed that people here prefer Pagid brake pads... any particular reason? I've had a quick look at my local supplier (I'm in central Europe) and they don't stock Pagid - but they do stock Bosch...
  20. Mk1 Leon TDI worth remapping?

Thanks guys for your informative responses. I have an ALH motor so it seems there is plenty of power to access should I go into it. I cleaned my EGR about 4 months ago but stopped short at cleaning the inlet manifold (ran out of time in the workshop), so I guess I should tackle that first...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.