Search results

1. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Put my winter wheels on today. The tread on the inner edges of my summer wheels was down to the cords! Putting it down to the 40 speed bumps that I have to go over on the way to work everyday wearing down the insides. Pretty annoying as the rest of the tyres have loads of tread.
  2. Brake change recommendations

If it helps- My 2011 Fr cr170 has 255 rear and 312 front. Best thing to do, like others have mentioned, is to measure your current discs before purchasing.
  3. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Sounds like a decent idea. I'll have another go before long and might be a bit more aggressive this time. I hit them pretty hard though all over the disk and got no movement at all- any harder and i would have probably damaged the discs, not shfted them, and then not be able to put the brakes...
  4. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Screw out. Same problem with the fronts and rear. So annoying after taking everything apart. I hit them pretty hard and even hit them with heat and just couldn't budge them, so they must have rusted on real good. Ended up just changing the rear pads as they were down to about 2mm! Any tips?
  5. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Did the discs come off okay for you? I tried doing mine a couple of weeks ago and couldn't shift the old discs for the life of me!
  6. spring advice please

Yes they are. 45/50mm at the front and 30mm at the back I think. There's quite a few threads about them on here with pictures.
  7. spring advice please

I have the Sportlines on mine and can thoroughly recommend them. Also on 18" with less offset than standard so they stick out by 15mm maybe more.
  8. VW Emissions Fix loss of torque Leon CR 170

I received a letter last week telling me that I can now book the car in. Pretty hesitant to do it at the minute though, I think I'll wait until I've seen more reviews about the impact. Pretty sure the letter states that no impact will be made to performance but I find that hard to believe if...
  9. New tyres!!

I've got rs3's on my 18 inch rims. They are a brilliant tyre in dry and wet conditions, very grippy. They replaced my worn down Dunlop sportmaxx and were massively better. Currently got Uniroyal ms plus winters on my 17's which obviously aren't as good as the rs3 in current weather but should be...
  10. What did you and your MK2 do today?

You can pick up the sportlines and h&r's from eBay Germany from pretty cheap. I didn't pay much more than 100 for my sportlines.
  11. SEAT Leon FR CR170

Yeah I will be looking into it. I don't think I'll be able to access the egr and cooler myself to clear it out because they are at the back of the engine aren't they, unlike older models?
  12. SEAT Leon FR CR170

Only 5 miles from shark so could get there no problems. Don't fancy limp mode all the way up to yours ha but cheers anyway.
  13. SEAT Leon FR CR170

Cheers for the advice. Going to talk to shark performance about the options.
  14. SEAT Leon FR CR170

Car is looking really nice. Be good to see what the spoiler looks like. Just wondering what you think to getting the egr deleted? I'm having problems with mine (p0403 code) and wondering whether to replace or delete. Car wouldn't even drive the other day, just stalled itself when gas applied...
  15. Engine fault warning light- P0087

After a couple of days driving fine I've run in to a bigger problem now. Engine light on again with EGR malfunction code p0403. Car won't start. It turns over fine but then just stalls. Pressing the gas pedal just speeds the stall up. It is seemingly dead until the egr can be looked at...
  16. Engine fault warning light- P0087

Cheers mj, that makes sense. Car has been fine since so I'm not sure whether to get it sorted asap or wait a month for service.
  17. Engine fault warning light- P0087

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Pretty straight forward to change the filter but without vcds I don't know how I'd pump the diesel back in before starting it up.
  18. Engine fault warning light- P0087

cr170 went it limp mode earlier on today. Ran some checks on the fault codes and it came up as P0087 which is low fuel pressure. Since turning the car off and on again it has been fine, but I can see it popping up again soon. I am thinking that it could be down to a dirty/blocked fuel...
  19. My 2.0 TSI Cupra Speed blue

Also, on the rear, what is that mud guard further up? Is it stamdard on the 'R'? Looks similar to what the scirocco has.
  20. My 2.0 TSI Cupra Speed blue

Mud flaps look good mate. Think that picture has helped make up my mind to get some. Was a little worried that they would look chavvy, but they look pretty discrete. How much did you pay and where from if you ft mind me asking?
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.