Search results

1. CIarkie

Cupra 2 part exchange for Arosa

I had a 1.6 before my current car, i think i would rather have group 5 insurance and still have 100bhp in the arosa to try and have some fun with when i regret selling the ibiza. Plus i want something i can drive down the narrow lanes and not concern myself with the t*ssers that speed in the...
  2. CIarkie

Cupra 2 part exchange for Arosa

As the title states i am getting ever closer to part exchanging my Ibiza Gti for something smaller. I only travel 6 miles to work (mainly lanes) and have decided i would like to cut my expenditure and have a car my girlfriend can actually depress the clutch on. I would love to sell her to a...
  3. CIarkie

how many miles has your mk2 done?

MK2 16v cupra2 Registered 2000 (X) 67285 Just passed MOT and driving like a dream
  4. CIarkie

MOT Prep 2: Ignition problem. No final turn fire

i pick up a new loom from the bay but there is some serious work involved. it seems like its internal in the barrel but im not fimiliar with the internal parts. I would have thought if it was the connection then once pressure was release the car would stop like if turning the key back and...
  5. CIarkie

MOT Prep 2: Ignition problem. No final turn fire

The main problem i have which is currently preventing me for completing an MOT is that i am the only person who can start my Ibiza. When turning the key the usual first stages happen but the final turn to start the car fails. The relay clicks as usual but the only way the car will fire is if i...
  6. CIarkie

MOT Prep 1: Brake problem fade/fail

I have been preparing my car for its MOT and one of the major issues i had was the rear brakes. Looking at the state and wear of the discs it looked like they hadnt been operating correctly for a while. With this information i took all corners aparts and clean, greased and freed up all parts...
  7. CIarkie

I guess we must all be rich!

Ha Ha.I emailed this guy not long ago to actually confirm the price was correct! Even a 2 rather than the 3 in front would be pushing it! There was another black one, same spec but with 6000 less miles for £2000. Been on thee for ages and looks like it will be there for a while to. Although...
  8. CIarkie

Ibiza 2.0 16V Central Silencer Part Help

The Cordie/Ibiza mk2 - 2.0 16v ABF = 6K6 253 409 K code is given on alot of exhaust websites but matches the SE71B exhaust part. I order this first and it was to small :blink: Is the SE71B correct and i will just have to install a reducer or will the MK3 silencer be the better option
  9. CIarkie

Thanks for that. I need a 54mm bore. The mk3 back box is 54mm and i have a connecting sleeve for the silencer. I would have thought the mk3 silencer would be easy to get hold of. Im really not looking for a custom job but soon i will be just changing the back box and leaving the straight pipe...
  10. CIarkie

I have been trying to purchase a central silencer for over two months for my 2.0 16v but cant seem to find anyone that stock the correct part. I am installing a MK3 back box but require the silencer to replace the custom straight pipe installed at the moment. I have purchased several silencers...
  11. CIarkie

Restoration of chrome tail pipes. Polish cloth

Like i said im not endorsing them, not really sure why i feel the need to justify that but here goes. I left feedback stating i had pictures which you obviously didnt see. The seller asked to see them (those which i have posted) and was very impressed. Dont think she had witnessed results on chrome.
  12. CIarkie

Nice Gear knob for Ibiza Mk2???

Here here. Just sourced one to spice up my standard gera knob. Get yourself any mk2 gti gear knob and insert this bad boy. With the red stitched leather gaiters, red tiger stripe interior and a red stitched steering wheel like i have it looks awesome...
  13. CIarkie

Action Day - Castle Combe 25th April 2009

Does anyone know what that yellow MG ZR had under the bonnet. It was rather fast
  14. CIarkie

ibiza cupra mk2 bootlid thing

Mad man. IMO The carbon is beautiful. It gives the cupra that little bit extra and doesnt look tacky like carbon effect can. I have spent ages getting the carbon cupra gear and a new ibiza inscription script with carbon effect as they fade and peal over time. Shame they dont do the SEAT side...
  15. CIarkie

ABS light

I cleaned and regread my caliper pins as a last resort for an abs fault which wouldnt clear with new sensors, much cleaning and a garage taking £100 of me. I had the abs kicking in all the time, aswell as the savage noise it was a dangerous as hell under braking. Found my offside caliper pin had...
  16. CIarkie

I went down with a fellow SCN member to go round the track in his LCR. Had an amazing day, the VAG owners stand was the only place where i could find some ibiza eye candy. No SCN stand, whats that about?
  17. CIarkie

That mk2 gti with the F2 style alloys in copper/bronze alloys was in amazing condition :drool:
  18. CIarkie

'Sticktion' on cluch pedal.

And to think we get all these amazing features for free!
  19. CIarkie

Fitting Cupra2 centre console dails

Im having a nightmare to be honest. Got the dails of german bay and they were advertised with the cable. but no cable arrived...currently in a dispute as i dont fancy applying my sparky skills when i paid for the cable. And for some reason i assumed the bowl were the same:headhurt: now i...
  20. CIarkie

6 Speed anyone/

The ibiza cupra sport F2 replica had a 6 speed box, not sure what they used as my old school copy of max power when its was on the fornt page is at work where i dream i owned it everyday
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.