Search results

1. Marky N

Seat Leon mk2 2.0 tfsi dsg 200bhp - does it have a timing belt and chain?

If it's tfsi and I've got a cupra 2010, it is s belt. I too thought it was a chain until i had to change it Sent from my RMX2170 using Tapatalk
  2. Marky N

Installing a cigarette lighter in boot

Hi. I'm about to install a USB charge point in my boot of my Cupra 2010. Just wondering if anyone else has done it and has any advice? I like the idea of it being always on so I can charge low powered devices whilst I'm away from the car. I've had it done for my old Golf and it worked very well...
  3. Marky N

Slight knocking sound driver side at low speeds

I agree. I think it must be a bush but again on the same side in under 4 years? Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
  4. Marky N

Slight knocking sound driver side at low speeds

It's happened before. A couple of years ago. Something to do with the suspension system. I don't remember all the details The thing is it's a suttle noise but i can't stand it and prefer not to go back to the mechanic that "fixed" it even though they have been good up until now. Any advice...
  5. Marky N

Timing chain advice

So. I've seen kits that supposed to fit my car some state 64 links approx and some state 40+( don't remember exactly amount). German brand Bilstein. So what is the right one? Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
  6. Marky N

Timing chain advice

I would love to do it myself, but I'm not brave enough. I think if i was with a mechanic and did it a couple of times on a car i may then give it a try Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
  7. Marky N

Timing chain advice

My lovely Cupra has done 130k+ miles. I know i need to look into replacing the timing chain to head off any potential problems. Yes the chain supposed to last the life of the car. No i don't hear or feel any issues but i think it's wise to sort. Few questions then. Should i get a stock chain kit...
  8. Marky N

Light problems with seat

I had a similar problem. It was diagnosed with a dodgy body control unit. Expensive. I took it toKinghams in Croydon for a second opinion and it turned out to be just one fuse. Green one if remember correctly from the video they showed me. Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
  9. Marky N

What's wrong with my door handle?

Loch mechanism needs lubricating. Same happened to mine. Brilliant YouTube video demonstrating how to get to the mechanism and oil it. Worked Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
  10. Marky N

Anyone running a dashcam in their Mk2?

I have toyed with the idea of hard wiring one i have purchased but a couple of things. 1) the rear view dash cam seems to big for my car 2) straps for the rear view dash cam are not big enough for the bulky rear view mirror to go around an secure the unit That said i had a close encounter with...
  11. Marky N

Hill start braking does not release

Every now and again from a parked position the car feels like it's pulling away from an activated hill braking with a creaking noise. Is this something I'm doing inadvertantly? Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
  12. Marky N

Car alarm. It's our any good on the seat Cupra mk2

Not sure if I left my door unlocked but outt of curiosity, how easy is it to get into MK2 seat Leon without force. No damage done. Just some loose change been taken. The car alarm is not something I ever tested to see if it works actually. Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
  13. Marky N

Headlights on audible warning

It's that something you built in or manufacturers Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
  14. Marky N

Rear door won't open from outside, but not always,

It did me too. I raised this question and the advice to drill into a certain part within the mechanism and squirt oil fixed this issue first time. There is a YouTube video on it. So pleased. Not difficult. Honest Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
  15. Marky N

Dash cam fitting guide

I have a rear view dash cam. Not installed yet but I like it. I have a couple's of issues. One, the straps are not big enough to fix on to the rear view mirror and if the fuse you use allows power permanently, and I mean when the car is off, would it kill the battery? I ask this as the device is...
  16. Marky N

Spark plugs for Cupra mk2

What spark plugs would you recommend? Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
  17. Marky N

How to confirm that a map has been erased/forgotten

Thanks for this Had it a few years now. I'm either used to the power or something has happened. I'm not sure. Either way I want to upgrade. Getting bettered by a lot of e class Mercedes on the off. I know they have this bi turbo but I'm not having it [emoji3166] Sent from my MI 8 Lite using...
  18. Marky N

Aftermarket Uprated Headlights?

I would like to upgrade mine to something more modern but I'm fearful of naff ones. I don't like the cold blue White lights that some of these l.e.d's give off.i an envious when a new model Mercedes drives past at night time and illuminates like daylight what my headlights have tried to. This is...
  19. Marky N

no it isn't. I have heard that settings can be lost and I'm suspicious that this has happened. Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
  20. Marky N

I've had my car remapped quite a few years ago. I'm sure I've had a battery change since then. I'm also pretty certain that the stage 1 map is not in operation. Is there a way to confirm. I have to say this. You do get used to a map and isn't always glaringly obvious from the performance point...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members