Search results

1. Marky N

Installing a cigarette lighter in boot

Hi. I'm about to install a USB charge point in my boot of my Cupra 2010. Just wondering if anyone else has done it and has any advice? I like the idea of it being always on so I can charge low powered devices whilst I'm away from the car. I've had it done for my old Golf and it worked very well...
  2. Marky N

Slight knocking sound driver side at low speeds

It's happened before. A couple of years ago. Something to do with the suspension system. I don't remember all the details The thing is it's a suttle noise but i can't stand it and prefer not to go back to the mechanic that "fixed" it even though they have been good up until now. Any advice...
  3. Marky N

Timing chain advice

My lovely Cupra has done 130k+ miles. I know i need to look into replacing the timing chain to head off any potential problems. Yes the chain supposed to last the life of the car. No i don't hear or feel any issues but i think it's wise to sort. Few questions then. Should i get a stock chain kit...
  4. Marky N

Hill start braking does not release

Every now and again from a parked position the car feels like it's pulling away from an activated hill braking with a creaking noise. Is this something I'm doing inadvertantly? Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
  5. Marky N

Car alarm. It's our any good on the seat Cupra mk2

Not sure if I left my door unlocked but outt of curiosity, how easy is it to get into MK2 seat Leon without force. No damage done. Just some loose change been taken. The car alarm is not something I ever tested to see if it works actually. Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
  6. Marky N

Spark plugs for Cupra mk2

What spark plugs would you recommend? Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
  7. Marky N

How to confirm that a map has been erased/forgotten

I've had my car remapped quite a few years ago. I'm sure I've had a battery change since then. I'm also pretty certain that the stage 1 map is not in operation. Is there a way to confirm. I have to say this. You do get used to a map and isn't always glaringly obvious from the performance point...
  8. Marky N

Timing chain replacementb time on 130k Cupra?

I think it's time to change it as a bit of preventative maintenance on my 2010 Cupra. But does anyone know prices? Had a quick look through this forum and didn't see anything on this topic. I'm sure they're must of been. Also water pump change as well? And his much for that? Thanks Sent from...
  9. Marky N

Lack of real power hrs 1-3

I don't know if it's just me but i don't feel that my 2010 Cupra has anything much in the first 3 gears It's been remapped years ago and it was better then but I'm having to floor it to get away from middle of the road cars. Standard audi, golf etc. I just feel that there is something not quite...
  10. Marky N

That tapping sound

Hi. I'm sure there are multiple threads on this but can Someone advise. I've got a 2010 cupra. 130k. Got that annoying tapping sound on idle. Just topped up oil and still getting that annoying noise. What's best way to deal with this. Straight to mechanic? I've heard that using an oil additive...
  11. Marky N

Thinking of putting a wrap on my car

Any recommendations of good companies in London? Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
  12. Marky N

Driver side lock not working

Any quick fixes? Lock getting progressively worse when attempting to open driver door with fob. It opens when you operate the lock from inside the car ( other doors all open with fob) Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
  13. Marky N

Rear view dash cams

Has Anybody got experience with these on their rear view mirror. Bought one by the company Y1. Want to hard wire it to the fuse box but aside from the mirror being very large the straps that fix it to the existing mirror don't fit round the mirror's fat body Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
  14. Marky N

Body control module

Hi people. How much to buy and install a body control module for a 2010 Seat Leon Cupra. I don't see much on it out there on the net to get an idea of costs. I have a feeling it will be expensive as my mechanic is saying only a dealer can configure the device once purchased. Thanks
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members