Search results

1. Oil level rising in Mk5 Ibiza Ecomotive

Yes it was used initially for short journeys, but we were never told not to. Your scenario should be OK if regular long journeys above 2000 rpm It is a very long story Bought in 2008 new, loads of returns because of warning lights etc., Under warranty up to 30000: Replaced ECU, 3 forced regen...
  2. Oil level rising in Mk5 Ibiza Ecomotive

I have had exactly the same problem with my 1.4 Ibiza ecomotive. It is the DPF regen process pushing diesel into the sump. Watch out I had 2 new cylinder heads within 80000 miles from new. Camshaft worn almost round. 1st time under warranty 2 time cost me over £2000!
  3. DPF Info - All CR-TDI Owners Should Read This

You would think Seat would compensate for 2 replacement cylinder heads, I have all the details, but NOthey have said if a Seat Dealer had replaced the head then they would consider a contribution. Next step a solicitor!
  4. DPF Info - All CR-TDI Owners Should Read This

Think you are right, petrol is a lot less risk than a Seat diesel. Seat and VW rely on high temperature DPF regeneration, were as others (more reliable) have a chemical injection tank that reduces the temperature needed for regeneration so occurs with normal driving. Our Ibiza ecomotive has...
  5. Common Mk4 Problems

Same problem on 2008 Ibiza, after 2 hours trying to locate reason, discover pipe blocked between pump and rear wheel arch, so left it . Now have to use a plastic bottle, hand job!!
  6. DPF Info - All CR-TDI Owners Should Read This

I have a Ibiza 1.4 tdi ecomotive, bought from new in 2008. Had loads of warranty returns with the DPF regeneration light. After 18 months of hassle and major replacements has been fine up to 80,000 miles . Sudden knocking , garage has taken head off found 2 + liters too much oil diesel mix in...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.