Search results

1. Bluetooth Issue's

Unplug the bluetooth module if you don't need it - just pull out the loom.
  2. GUIDE: Retro fitting OEM Satnav MFD2/MFD3

Ok. I've tried to find a wiring diagram for that stereo but I have failed. Check the wiring diagram and see if it is similar to the RNS 315. Or if you can, upload a picture of it and I can take a look. It could be your stereo is knackered. Check the Pins to make sure none of them are bent or...
  3. GUIDE: Retro fitting OEM Satnav MFD2/MFD3

That's not helpful. What model number?
  4. GUIDE: Retro fitting OEM Satnav MFD2/MFD3

Odd. What stereo did you have in there previously?
  5. What did you and your MK2 do today?

I have started to create my own loom so that I can enable the voice control on my RNS 510 from my Bluetooth module and get stereo A2DP streaming. A question: when snipping and soldering connectd wires (in the bluetooth loom) in the car, should I disconnect the battery?
  6. GUIDE: Retro fitting OEM Satnav MFD2/MFD3

If you can find out the exact Can gateway you require, you will be able to source it from eBay for around £60
  7. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Google VCDS guide Seat Leon
  8. Considering a Leon...

The FR170 holds it's value well. I spent many months looking at the price trends before deciding to get the 170. In terms of Mileage, I wouldn't touch a car over 40k miles and more than 3 years old. But that's just me! I'd say get a car that's done 50k plus miles as it should have had...
  9. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Yep it looks immaculate! Nice one! I will buy some. I want to do exactly the same as you - get it ready for winter. But I'd rather do it before it gets too cold.
  10. Considering a Leon...

The FR170 DSG gets you 37mpg. Realistclly around the town it is 32. On a motorway, travelling around 80-90 mph gets you around 48 mpg. The manual has better economy. This is based on the MK2 Facelift
  11. Considering a Leon...

That would solve your DPF issues! Getting a re-map will affect your insurance though. Admiral refused to insure me if I got it done. You run a risk if you don't tell them. All diesels from I think 2005 onwards have a DPF.
  12. Considering a Leon...

You can retro fit it. I believe it costs around £100 but I may be wrong - type it into ebay. DPF shouldn't be an issue given the miles you do. You can always monitor it using VCDS
  13. What did you and your MK2 do today?

That looks immense. What did you use to polish your car?
  14. What did you and your MK2 do today?

I took off the panel on the dash to the left of the foot rest. I was trying to find a quick way to feed some wires from the bluetooth module to the centre console where the stereo goes. Shifting the carpet will be tricky though
  15. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Yep. My car was full of it. I also noticed some lethal form of Bird turd on my car. It must have been on it for less than 12 hours and it's left a fairly large mark on my car that will not polish out.
  16. GUIDE: Retro fitting OEM Satnav MFD2/MFD3

From the tests you have conducted, you have prooved the unit is not defective. The issue is with your CAN in your car. (I think). You will need VCDS to run some diagnostics and need to some coding using VCDS to activate it. I have (although it's rare) heard of a unit not being recognised at all...
  17. RNS 315 Retrofit

It's probably the default language on the unit - firmware maybe?
  18. RNS 315 Retrofit

I know this was posted a while ago but I followed these instructions and managed to enable OPS on my car. I retro fitted an RNS 510 and already had factory installed reverse sensors. Contrary to information provided in this thread, the factory fitted reverse sensors are compatible with OPS.
  19. step by step speaker change.

Yes it does work if you have a RNS 510 installed. I never checked to see if it worked on the RCD 310
  20. FR wing mirrors

I'd stick with the Silver. Although I was thinking of getting them sprayed in Anthracite and then spraying the alloys in the same colour too.