Search results

1. LukeC981

New Evo FR owner

[emoji23] I've had my years of higher performance cars, but a mortgage, soon to be Wife and my 3 year old have to come first, I'd be divorced before I'm even married if I went and got a Cupra, as much as I'd love one. Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  2. LukeC981

New Evo FR owner

Yeah the guy in Seat who my father in law traded my Leon in with said that there's been such a demand for the Ateca with the 1.5 engine in that they've stopped producing them for the Ibiza. Not sure whether that was just a rumour he'd heard, but he seemed certain that was the reasoning behind...
  3. LukeC981

New Evo FR owner

Hey guys, After 3 years of owning my 1.4 TSi Leon with the technology pack, it was time for something new. Bought my brother in laws 1.5 TSi Ibiza Evo FR from him and he's treated himself to a new Leon FR. Wasn't expecting that big a jump in performance but the ibiza already feels a lot...
  4. LukeC981

LED Headlights

As BF95 has already said, CREE LEDs (they're W5Ws if I remember) are exceptionally bright and worth spending money on, H7Rs for the mains, pretty sure that full beam and fogs are both H3, but it has been a year since I had my FR Ibiza so someone may correct me.
  5. LukeC981

LED Headlights

I was exactly the same until I bought my new leon with those snazzy lights they've got on them. Not sure whether they're LED or what, but they're exceptionally good for OEM lights and I won't be changing them any time soon. I will say though that the reverse bulb may be upgraded to a CREE LED...
  6. LukeC981

LED Headlights

Good to see someone else has done their homework on bulbs, I'm one of those guys who used to have any HID kit in my cars until I finally saw the H7Rs. I've now turned into one of those guys who moans about people with the wrong style bulbs I'd never flash someone for their lights though...
  7. LukeC981

LED Headlights

Not many people understand HIDs entirely. There are 2 different makes of HID. One set specifically for projector style headlights (the ones with the glass ball) which are the standard HID kits, and the set specifically for reflector style headlights. The ones for reflectors are purely called...
  8. LukeC981

best place for remap midlands

I know it's a week old but if you're still looking Gareth at Map-Tech in Brigg (Lincolnshire) is fantastic. £175 for a map and he has a rolling road if you fancy getting it on there. His site has a list of all the cars he's done and what power and torque he can get, can't post links yet cos I...
  9. LukeC981

I'm back!

£1,500 is a little out of my price range after paying £11k for a car my little man comes first now, I need to tone down the tech, just thought a cheeky update my change it but I'm not fussy. Thanks for clarifying that for me. I did miss that, you're right. I'm surprised I did because it was...
  10. LukeC981

I'm back!

So, 8 months after swapping my 6j Ibiza FR for a silly 3.0 V6 TDi Audi A4 Quattro, which was running 285bhp and 540nm torque, I've had to get rid of it due to the birth of my little man and upgrade to a more family friendly option. I'm picking up a brand new Technic Grey 1.4 TSi Leon, the...
  11. LukeC981

White Headlight Bulbs

For reflector headlights buy the H7R kits because they're meant for reflector style headlights. They have a strip around the side and on top so the light gets projected forward rather than scattered up and all over the place. People won't be flashing you thinking you've got your full beams on...
  12. LukeC981

IBIZA facelift fog light change

I did this yesterday, take the 2 screws out at the bottom of the wheel arch like you would on the drivers side and then there's one more further up the arch on the left hand side. Take that out and it gives you a bit more access. I've got shovel hands and I managed to get the bulb out and back...
  13. LukeC981

leon fr

:yes: Definitely looks more aggressive! Money well spent.
  14. LukeC981

My new car - Ibiza 1.4TSi FR

Cheers mate. I've been told it's quite a rare colour, but then I know salesmen will say anything to get a sale. I was very close to buying a red Leon but the guy was an idiot and wouldn't let me test drive it, so I walked out.
  15. LukeC981

My new car - Ibiza 1.4TSi FR

Well, after loads of thinking, my FN2 Type R had to go and I've made the switch from Civinfo to here. Although the Type R was an exceptionally fun car to drive with the mods I did to it (running 224bhp) paying a mortgage off and running it was too expensive for my liking. Here I am with a 59...
  16. LukeC981

Newbie!

I've just re read the rules and it makes sense now. Saw a promotional video of the 300bhp Quattro Leon they've got planned in the dealers today, looks incredible!
  17. LukeC981

Newbie!

Cheers! I'm really happy with my insurance, £355 isn't bad at all for a 23 year old. I'm quite used to forums and the rules, but noticed you can't reply to a for sale post...how does anyone sell anything if you can't reply to them?
  18. LukeC981

Newbie!

Hey guys, After a lot of regret, I decided that paying for a mortgage and running a Type R was a bit too hard, so I went to my local Seat and found a blue 1.4TSi Ibiza FR and managed to work out a deal for a straight swap with 3 years warranty, a full years tax, full tank of fuel and a...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members