Search results

1. Peter W

Remove Fog Light Grille

That's the pre-facelift front bumper by the looks of it...
  2. Peter W

Kessy weirdness - am I being thick?

Press the lock button on your key twice to disable interior sensor..:clap:
  3. Peter W

2017 leon fr 150

I find my facelift is a lot more refined and quiet, and has a lot more toys than my 2014 FR...;)
  4. Peter W

Facelift FR wheels

Lol.. Mine was heavily discounted too. Loads of discounts in June, otherwise I wouldn't have changed from my 2014 FR. It only had 9400 miles and was like new when I traded it in. Probably literally spent more time cleaning it than driving it for just over 3 years of ownership!!
  5. Peter W

Facelift FR wheels

I was able to negotiate 18" performance wheels and convenience pack plus for an extra £290....
  6. Peter W

Creaking Doors

I was always told not to use washing up liquid on rubber seals. The salt content can harden or even dissolve rubber through prolonged use. (I'm a car cleaner). Probably wouldn't do any harm on modern paint, apart from removing any polish or wax. Google it, and draw your own conclusions....
  7. Peter W

Leon FR ST - Which Colour?

Ordered mine in mystery blue, and spent a few weeks regretting not going for the desire red. The photos online of the red looks like a bright candy red, but definitley is not like that in the flesh. Its more like a faded salmon pink in dull light. Looks even worse when the red is dirty too...
  8. Peter W

Notchy Gearchange

It seems to be more of a characteristic, rather than an actual fault. I drove a new Audi A3 a while back (same gearbox), and was 10 times worse than I was experiencing with my own car. Not very good for what should be a premium piece of German engineering. I now have a 2017 facelift FR, which...
  9. Peter W

2017 Leon!!!

It seems to be more refined than my 2014 FR. The engine's very noticeably quieter, and lacks the doorcard rattles too. A bit quicker too. The nappa leather trimmed steering wheel feels much more quality.
  10. Peter W

Newbie Here!

Welcome to SCN. Hope you enjoy your new Leon....
  11. Peter W

Steering wheel swap

Don't know what size of socket you'll need, but be sure to disconnect the battery before disconnecting the airbag. This'll ensure the airbag light doesn't come on......
  12. Peter W

Decisions!

Here in Northern Ireland it doesn't matter about the reg. A 2017 car is a 2017 car. Condition and mileage is what matters. Just picked up my new FR in mystery blue last Thursday and was able to ask for a nice reg. Dealers are issued with around 10 numbers, and replenished as they're used. Asked...
  13. Peter W

2017 Leon!!!

Got my FR in mystery blue from the dealers 2 hours ago. Sad to say farewell to the 2014 emocion red FR, but hey, every cloud has a silver lining! Think I might go for another spin....
  14. Peter W

OBDeleven modifications

What's the best android app for using an ELM327 adaptor? It reads carista I believe...
  15. Peter W

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Plenty of videos on YouTube. Better stretching it before applying the wrap. Then heat again afterwards to get the puckered up bits to tighten up again.
  16. Peter W

How do I get radio icons onto my screen (15 plate)?

This link was so helpful, and so easy to do. Just done mine. Took about 10 mins on my 2014. Though I deleted the logos I didn't need off the memory card before putting into the sd card slot.
  17. Peter W

Rear view mirror vibration???

Mines just started vibrating last week {2014 FR}. Really notice it with certain bassy songs along with the rattling door cards etc....
  18. Peter W

Tyre wear advice needed please

13K from your fronts? I need to change my fronts this week with less than 8K miles. My brother has just over 6K on his 184, and is keeping a close eye on his fronts as they're getting close to the limit. We both have the bridgestones...
  19. Peter W

Leon FR Key Battery

My first battery lasted me almost 2 years, the second, which was Duracell, lasted about a month before the warning showed again. Then again , I always fold my mirrors in everytime I lock the car.
  20. Peter W

Lowering springs

I know no one has replied to this thread, but did you get springs? And if so which ones? Any photos if you have...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members