Search results

1. Purchasing a Seat Leon FR

is it on priory way Kia? I live in hull and didn't see any 184's on site
  2. PCP deals

Hi, Can someone explain how PCP works? Basically I'm trying to weigh out whether it's better doing this than say get a load and buy a car outright - so I have some questions. I currently do 30k a year which means diesel is best option but within the next year or so I hope my job situation...
  3. GTD vs FR 184

it was more because its a 2008 car, im sure even the Type S came with them. but hey ho.... just need to do more research
  4. GTD vs FR 184

can't believe they didnt come with auto lights or wipers! would have thought it's a standard amongst cars now even my type R came with them!
  5. GTD vs FR 184

i'd be looking at 2nd hand anyway - like a 14 plate...just hoping that all te gremlins were ironed out. what were the convenience and winter packs include? can you add them on later?
  6. Touch screen

lol thanks yeh making the choice is difficult.... head is seat, heart is GTD haha i guess they really are both the same cars but one is made in spain and other is made in germany - depends which one experiences the problems first
  7. GTD vs FR 184

Any details of the face lifts that are happening?
  8. GTD vs FR 184

What packs and options did most seats come with? I assume that tech pack was common but I'd be looking at a 2014 build. Has anyone had issues with the touch screens and are the alloys 18"? I noticed that it sounded like a petrol on the test drive is this just a fake audio sound coming from the...
  9. GTD vs FR 184

Yeh future value is another thing but I tend to keep my cars, vx corsa for 8 years and the fn2 6 years. Been using the type r for motorway miles 30k a year and it's costing me a bomb, however if job situation changes I would like to keep to a petrol, so could get rid of the car sooner as they...
  10. Touch screen

So all 5.8"? Have there been any issues with it freezing like the one on the golf? Was there any 8" upgrade?
  11. GTD vs FR 184

Hi all, back looking at the new chassis across the VAG range and test drove the 184 which went pretty well, drove nice and held the road with a decent amount of torque. Coming from an FN2 type R the torque definitely shines but the low rev range means a lot of changing gears. Aside from that...
  12. Touch screen

Hi all, can anyone confirm the screen size on the 2014 FR with tech pack? Is this 5.8" and has there been any upgrades to this and any differences? Currently looking at either a GTD or a FR184 second hand 2014 ish, price difference aside is there anything else that is different?
  13. looking at buying FR+ 170

I think I wanted to go with 10-11k, however thinking about it that might not get me the car I want, rather spend that little bit more than maybe regret it
  14. looking at buying FR+ 170

Thanks marshall/Speed freek, I think it's that my first choice was an Audi/Seat I spose it's the figure but its also the total package - although it comes with the toys, I don't seem to be wowed by sitting inside it for some reason. hmm - its tough guess I might have to consider losing my...
  15. Fr+ standard seats

I've noticed this as well, the seats aint bucket like
  16. looking at buying FR+ 170

So I tested the car again today for 2nd time but now having 2nd thoughts. Coming from a FN2 the interior on the Leon is no where close, despite the FR+ having the toys. I noticed cruising at 70mph the computer is reading 43-46mpg, total trip average was 47mpg which was mainly A road...
  17. Leon FR CR 170 MPG claim?

Anymore people getting over 600? Lol
  18. clutch duration

How long does a clutch normally last as standard on a CR170 and how long if it's been Revo'd? just gauging whether any upgrades are needed
  19. Leon FR CR 170 MPG claim?

i'd be cruising at 75mph on Motorway normally which is GPS speed of about 70mph. In my Tyre R I can get 30-32 mpg in winter or 33-35 mpg in Summer and 38 mpg is m highest I just want a combination of performance when I want it and mpg when I don't, hearing people saying 45mpg seems really...
  20. Leon FR CR 170 MPG claim?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but has anyone seen improvements in the mpg on their car? I know it's a 55 litre tank so circa 12 gallons. Most people wouldn't run it down before refuel so I'm guessing it's more likely 11 gallons per fil up. If people are getting 480 miles to a tank of 11...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members