Search results

1. CharlySkunkweed

mods and insurance?

Greenlight.
  2. CharlySkunkweed

VW massaging emission figures

No use to me , turned from "start of the year" to "later in the year" , couldn't be arsed waiting so my FR is long gone. Wonder who'll get my compensation
  3. CharlySkunkweed

Good car mats??

If they are genuine , how come the holes don't line up ?
  4. CharlySkunkweed

Question about rns315 head unit

The phone button on the head unit just mutes the music The steering wheel controls will do what you need when paired with phone. Doesn't stream music though :( . Not sure on DAB , doubt it does it.
  5. CharlySkunkweed

Bluetooth Upgrade for A2DP Music Streaming on '59 Facelift Leon FR /with RNS310

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/bluetooth-9w7-module-voice-control-retrofit-swap-install-and-faq/
  6. CharlySkunkweed

Bluetooth Upgrade for A2DP Music Streaming on '59 Facelift Leon FR /with RNS310

I'm not sure, but i was nearly buying a module that allowed A2DP but it only sent audio to the right side speakers. Had to run in wires to get it working through all speakers so i never bothered. I look to see if it the same as what you are on about.
  7. CharlySkunkweed

All 4 windows open when I returned to my car!

I has been mentioned a few times on the forum from memory. I had a quick search and only seen accident button push but have a look youself.
  8. CharlySkunkweed

tdi or cupra

Even if you did the miles I'd still get a Cupra.
  9. CharlySkunkweed

Carista app - Android

Ah right , i did change the country to get the big mph display but can't remember which country ! See i toyed with the idea of putting LED bulbs in the foglights as DRLs but gave up after failing to get reliable sidlight ones that didn't show errors after a few months.
  10. CharlySkunkweed

Carista app - Android

Have you seen how bright some standard DRLs are ? They are bright as heck ! Isn't a fog light a different beam pattern and thats what blinds people , not how bright they are ? I can just see it being a hassle with cops/people thinking you have your fogs on when its not foggy. Great if you can...
  11. CharlySkunkweed

fan won't stop

Surely the alarm was going off due to a low battery because the fan was draining it ? seems obvious that a fan stayin on would cause the problem , I mean how would a faulty battery make a fan run ! I'd go to someone else mate.
  12. CharlySkunkweed

Not another remap thread! After your CR 170 remap – does your turbo kick in sooner?

Just a thought , but my impreza (before my leon) used to push me into the seat when the turbo kicked in. Then I got it remapped and altough it was definitely quicker the turbo spool was more progressive so I lost that surge. Took a bit of getting used to just. Maybe get it mapped to suit what...
  13. CharlySkunkweed

Whe the dpf does its regeneration...

Best thing would have been for a simple led on the dash to tell the driver that it's doing a regeneration. The only way I can tell is when I stop the car the fans keep running. I've turned my car off during a regeneration a few times , but what can you do .
  14. CharlySkunkweed

fan won't stop

If its a diesel it was probably in the middle of a DPF regeneration when you turn the ignition off the fans keep running to cool exhaust etc down. Not sure about the alarm bit.
  15. CharlySkunkweed

a guy on another forum got a letter even though he traded in the car a couple of weeks ago. There will be some cars that will get missed I'm sure.
  16. CharlySkunkweed

"They've" been ordered to recall , doesn't say owners have to take their car back though.
  17. CharlySkunkweed

At the min my mate can't get past the security bit (to make sure you aren't a bot) on the site.
  18. CharlySkunkweed

What did you and your MK2 do today?

please share !
  19. CharlySkunkweed

That is a bit crap , especially if you can't wait till next year for them to fix. Try doing the same in a SEAT dealers and see if they say the same
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.