Search results

1. Mark GF Smith

What colour?

Yes Tell, I find SEAT's have a good balance between handling and firm ride. The Ateca has a good ride on the 18's. I would have had the 19's but it was pushing my budget. I've seen your posts regarding the legroom in the front passenger side. I was actually surprised by how much room there...
  2. Mark GF Smith

What colour?

Photo's don't do it justice. The Sun really makes the car look a lot lighter. I like the way the colour changes depending upon the angle of the panel. Anyway here are some photos. Hopefully the link will work now I've got rid of photobucket.
  3. Mark GF Smith

What colour?

My Car is Ready (2 weeks ago) but I'm waiting for the new reg plates on Sept 1st. I've been to look at it and I'm pleased with the colour. I've taken a couple of photos in the sun but to be honest the camera doesn't do it justice. It seems to struggle with picking out the colour change from...
  4. Mark GF Smith

SEAT Ateca Owner's Register

Did you pick it up then? I'm not getting mine until September apparently Grrr
  5. Mark GF Smith

What colour?

Rodium Grey was my second choice but I decided against because I've had too many Grey cars. I have a Black Leon FR as well so I wanted a change. Never had Blue so thats why I chose it in the end. Didn't want white as it's too common.
  6. Mark GF Smith

SEAT Ateca Owner's Register

I've just ordered a Lava Blue 1.4 Xcellence. No other added options as I feel the default spec is pretty good and the options are a bit steep. Sadly I now have the 12 to 16 week wait!!!
  7. Mark GF Smith

What colour?

I've just ordered a Lava Blue 1.4 Xcellence. I was struggling to pic a colour to be honest.
  8. Mark GF Smith

Drivers door window wind noise.

They tweak the doors at manufacture in exactly the same way. My mate worked at Toyota at final body fit... They open the door put a knee in the door panel and pull the top of the window frame in a touch. Works a treat to get the clearances right
  9. Mark GF Smith

18" Tyre Pressures

Nicky, if your car came standard with 18's I would use what it says in the filler cap cover. The 1.4 is a lighter engine so 30 sounds fair to me.
  10. Mark GF Smith

Dash rattle and door cards

I jammed some rubber into the front as a temporary fix. Seems to be OK. I'll get the proper fix from the dealer when I get a chance. Seems there are many different rattles on the mk3.
  11. Mark GF Smith

LED headlight condensation

I get it on and off. usually clears up quickly. My MK1 did the same so i'm used to it. Doesnt unduly worry me
  12. Mark GF Smith

Dash rattle and door cards

I've just picked up the instrument cluster perspex rattle. Looks like a trip to the dealer is on the cards.
  13. Mark GF Smith

Anyone wrapped there MK3 wing mirrors

I was thinking of chrome, red or gloss carbon for the mirrors and gloss carbon for the bottom of the rear bumper.
  14. Mark GF Smith

18" Tyre Pressures

Brill thanks Smurf. That should do then. The fromts look low at 32 but i'll leave it at that. its also what the dealer set them to so sounds good to me.
  15. Mark GF Smith

Anyone wrapped there MK3 wing mirrors

My mate wraps so i'm thinking mirrors and bottom of rear bumper. I'll have to post pics if i get it done.
  16. Mark GF Smith

18" Tyre Pressures

That's interesting AJ. I have the 1.8TSI engine so guessing I need lower pressures than the TDI. I'm starting to wonder why they dont quote pressures in the manual like every other manufacturer! a chat with the dealer is needed I think.
  17. Mark GF Smith

18" Tyre Pressures

brill thanks Ant. Thats the same sticker as mine so I can guess that the 17's nd 18's must use the same pressures. :D
  18. Mark GF Smith

18" Tyre Pressures

Does anyone know what the tyre pressures should be for 18" rims with 225/40 tyres fitted? I ask this because the manual says check the filler cap but my car came standard with 17" rims that were upgraded for me when I bought the car nearly new.
  19. Mark GF Smith

FR 1.8TSI, bring it on.

The 1.8 is the better all round car. The performance is there when you need it and the brakes are brill. The engine is great when driving gently or hard so it's a better choice. The 1.8 rides better as well due to the updated suspension.
  20. Mark GF Smith

FR 1.8TSI, bring it on.

No real issues with mine apart from not being able to turn off the screen without selecting the option each time i start up. Think there is a software bug. Best not worrying to be honest.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.