Search results

1. Changing rear brake pads guide

The caliper did seem to work before, in that it was grinding when pressed (yes it was knackered) but stopped grinding when I released the brake. I did open the reservoir and loosen off the bleed nipple but it still wouldn't move. I think it has an automatic adjustment mechanism within the...
  2. Changing rear brake pads guide

How necessary is this wind back tool? I tried a G-clamp, a large set of swan neck pliers and a big screw driver (to stop the caliper moving against the turn of the pliers) and the piston wouldn't budge at all. After 2 hours of trying I've come to the conclusion the caliper is seized....2006 car...
  3. Altea 2.0TDi Sport 140 DSG (2006) 0-60mph times

Well I did a very rudimentary clock today (incase anyone's interested). ESP on, Selected 'D', let go of the foot brake and floored it and it reached 60mph in 7.7 seconds according to my stopwatch. I dare say I could shave a tenth or 2 off if I selected the sports box and held on with the...
  4. Altea 2.0TDi Sport 140 DSG (2006) 0-60mph times

I'm very tempted to get it remapped but I'd rather spend spare cash on getting new discs/pads first. Unless of course a remap would mean blowing the arse off a type R lol Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  5. Altea 2.0TDi Sport 140 DSG (2006) 0-60mph times

Hi all, sorry for bringing up this subject again. I did a forum search and couldn't find a definitive answer on this particular car, although I found some useful information on spaceship acceleration :confused: I took ownership of the car in the title at the weekend :funk: factory standard...
  6. Hi from a new Seat owner (soon)

Hi all, just introducing myself as I fear I may need some help in the future. I'm from Alva, Clacks Collecting my first Seat on Saturday. A 2006 Altea 2.0 tdi sport 140bhp DSG, with 56k miles Had a blast on the loud pedal in the test drive and noticed black reek from the exhaust. Normal...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.