Search results

1. MrJohn91

1 Wing Mirror Stopped Folding

Hi guys, For some reason my Cupra 280 passenger side wing mirror has give up folding in. Within about 24 hours it went from folding halfway to giving up altogether. I can hear and feel the motor try for a split second but not even a gentle persuasion helps it go. I haven't yet plugged it in to...
  2. MrJohn91

What is this...?

Does anyone have any ideas why this has happened to the paintwork on my 14 plate cupra 280? Is it rust from the underside? No cracked paint or discolouring on the outside. Nowhere else on the car and this is above the rear drivers side wheel. Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  3. MrJohn91

Lower Engine Mount

Morning! I have the VW Racingline Lower engine mount fitted in my car which i'm replacing with an Revo Mount Kit. I, however, need to reorder the Upper Dog Bone Bush before I can get it fitted. Anybody any ideas how i can find out what the part number is for it?? Tahh very much!
  4. MrJohn91

Cupra 280 Alloys

So I took my 19s off in favour of some black 18s, not to mention my 19s were heavily stone chipped and water damaged and need refurbishment. Now after 18 months the wheel arch is too high (I don't want to lower it) and I miss the 19s (funny how time changes opinions) and want them back on but...
  5. MrJohn91

Quick Shift

Has anyone fitted one of these? One thing I find frustrating is the travel time on the gear lever and this would help massively but wondered what peoples opinions were? https://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Audi_VW_SEAT_and_Skoda_6_Speed_Adjustable_Quick_Shifter--product--989.html also this one is...
  6. MrJohn91

White smoke / steam

Not sure if a worry or not... Parked up at work this morning and sat there for a little bit before walking into the office. It was a tropical 4°c. All of a sudden a bit of white smoke started coming from the bonnet... I went and had a look and seemed to be coming from the front fan /...
  7. MrJohn91

Spare wheel question!!

This may be a daft question so apologies in advance!! Unfortunately my sister has sliced a tyre on her mk3 Leon and, annoyingly, only has the gel to use. She's running 18" aftermarket wheels on it. As it's Sunday and I've just had to drop her off at work where she finishes at 2am (unsociable...
  8. MrJohn91

Door cards red back to white

Looking for some help, many moons ago I changed my door cards to always be red and flash white when indicating, however I've had enough of it and want to change it back but when I originally did it I made many different changes to get it right so struggling to follow the History. I was hoping...
  9. MrJohn91

OBDEleven Door Card Indicators

I have applied the below coding to my Leon but it seems now that the red does not light up at all (unless it is exceptionally dark) and then when you indicate the white light flashes, 2 questions, why doesn't the red work and (not as important) can you have it white and flashing red when you...
  10. MrJohn91

Centre muffler delete but what to replace with...

I'm looking to remove the centre muffler on my Cupra 280 (3 door) and I have a guy who can weld the new tube on but need to source the replacement myself. I was looking for confirmation that I definitely need a 3" stainless steel tube? Also what sort of length would I need? Thanks in advance...
  11. MrJohn91

Reversing camera

Afternoon! I'm after finding out if anyone has had installed a reversing camera with the dynamic gridlines. I've read a few on here that have used this...
  12. MrJohn91

To dealer or not...

I've had a 14 plate Cupra 280 now for 6 months and it's coming up to its 40k service. The question is, is it worth taking it to a Seat Garage these days or is a local garage I know and trust enough? How much is it REALLY worth? It currently has a full Seat service so far. Thoughts and...
  13. MrJohn91

Rear wiper intermittent stopping

For some reason if I give my rear wiper a flick the wiper stops, intermittently it must be said, either at the 180° or about 2 inches from this. I have to knock it back on and off to reset it. It has only just started doing this and I've not changed how I use the stalk (in terms of giving it a...
  14. MrJohn91

Fuel cap question

New to a Cupra 280 (as new as July can be) and got a question about the fuel cap. When you tighten it up it clicks once, (assuming this means it's shut) More often then not though, when I go to fill up its like it's not shut at all, very loose and sometimes you can hear it like a pressure...
  15. MrJohn91

Air Con on when off

I was looking through the driving data today and realised on the convenience tab it showed that the air con was on despite it behind switched off. Does this happen on them all or do I need to switch it off somewhere other than the A/C switch on the dash? P.s. It doesn't really affect me or my...
  16. MrJohn91

Hesitation Cupra 280

Hi all, I've just bought a Cupra 280, 14 plate with circa 35k miles on it. (Bought privately) I've noticed a good second hesitation at 2.5k revs, this is very noticeable in the lower gears. The only fault OBDeleven is showing is a Haldex clutch pump, intermittent. Could this be the cause? And...
  17. MrJohn91

OBDeleven reversal

I believe when you put the car into cupra mode the door lights and foot lights are supposed to go red. Is this correct? I followed the instructions to change it so it's always red in any mode but now it doesn't change at all and is white no matter the mode. Is it possible to reverse OBDeleven...
  18. MrJohn91

Windows and sunroof comfort close

Hi Guys, Does anyone know if you can set the windows to close fully, straight away by holding the key instead of having to hold it to close it all the way and if you let go it stops closing. Hope that makes sense?! Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
  19. MrJohn91

Bluetooth connectivity

Just upgraded my Leon mk2 to a 14 plate mk3 Cupra 280 so just getting used to it all. Certainly nicer than my "pieced together" fr! On the Bluetooth audio, when I use my Sony Xperia it won't let me pause, skip or see what song is playing. I had an aftermarket in my last car so got quite used to...
  20. MrJohn91

Tweeters

Evening! My tweeters have blown in the passenger side so looking to replace. I believe the Leon mk2 FR had an upgrade on the sound system from the standard Leon. So I know what I'm getting, does anyone know a) what watt the tweeters are (if they are rated like that (n00b)) and / or b) what is...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.