Search results

1. android head unit. Whos got?

the very cheap double din android units (chineese ones on ebay) in my experience had very poor audio quality. check out what some people have used here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=144720&page=9
  2. Cupra sounds like a diesel

My 1.4TSI does the exact same thing, it's normal and does it especially when cold as I believe the noise is something to do with oil being pushed around. I changed to Castrol FST 5w30 and the noise was substantially improved however I did that at the same time the weather got hot so not suure...
  3. CC not working, Tried the clutch switch but no luck?

Thanks for the advice!, Will give it a propper try tomorrow :)
  4. CC not working, Tried the clutch switch but no luck?

Tried taking the switch off and waving a fridge magnet over it, but I think i should try something more powerfull, will do that tomorrow :) I would take of the sensor and short the connections on the end of the wire to check if the value changes, but there are 3 wires and im not sure which...
  5. CC not working, Tried the clutch switch but no luck?

The cruise control on my pre-facelift 1.4 tsi has never worked since I purchased it from a private seller. - VCDS says bad clutch switch - I Changed the clutch switch (Hall sender/sensor in this car, not an actualy switch) http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=4505437&postcount=2...
  6. What you need to install an aftermarket stereo in Mk2 Leon

Just saw this in the listing: Note: You will need to manually power-on and power-off the radio (this model). It will not automatically turn on or turn off synchronized with your car engine. For the power synchronization, you will need to modify wiring (cut a wire), but we can't guarantee it...
  7. What you need to install an aftermarket stereo in Mk2 Leon

Just ordered this too :) Allready had a RCD310 in there so this (should) just be a straight swap :whistle:
  8. What you need to install an aftermarket stereo in Mk2 Leon

Did you buy the clips that go into the holes? part number 1J0 858 137 B (confirm with dealer though) - they come up on google images if you search it
  9. Can't find the clutch switch - Dealer says its not near the pedal?

Amazing, thank you so much!!! edit: for anyone else who needs to change the clutch switch, it is very easy and there is not even any need to get under the car.
  10. Can't find the clutch switch - Dealer says its not near the pedal?

So my Cruise controll has not worked for a while and I finally got access to VCDS, which told me it was a faulty clutch switch. I look under/above the clutch pedal, cannot see anything. I called the dealer about the part and they said they cannot find it on their "diagram" and it must be on...
  11. MFSW controlls not working after changing to RCD310 radio

I have VCDS now, Log in first post. Just need to work out how to change the radio coding? if thats possible...
  12. Dash cam location due to wipers Mk2

I have this one, Image quality is fine for insurance purposes. I just put a 32gb sd card in, plugged it in and havent touched it since. Wire is long enough for mounting anywhere in the leon but the cigarette socket plug is quite big so I use a splitter/extension to keep it out the way. I havent...
  13. MFSW controlls not working after changing to RCD310 radio

Sure will do, am going to try getting my cable working today. did you disconnect the battery when swapping the radio's over. I did not and not sure if that is the cause.
  14. MFSW controlls not working after changing to RCD310 radio

Yep I had to move the two cables around for aux to work. I will try plugging the original unit in to be 100% sure it is not a fault in the quad-connector wiring (pin pulled out or something) What pins would be used to connect to the steering wheel controls, I assume CAN-HIGH and CAN-LOW (can-...
  15. MFSW controlls not working after changing to RCD310 radio

Thanks, I am in east london. I have a cheap eBay VAG COM cable from my old car - I will check what options I have with this.
  16. MFSW controlls not working after changing to RCD310 radio

It is from a 2009 VW Passat. if it helps - top label: VW-1k0035186AA FD: 0809 HW:012 SW:0029 Side label: VW Radio LOW EU BVX 1K0035186AA Blaupunkt made in portugal.
  17. MFSW controlls not working after changing to RCD310 radio

I have a 2009 (pre-facelift) leon with the old style radio in it. I fit a VW RCD310 (from a 2009 passat) and it worked fine, no safe pin mod needed etc... However, none of the steering wheels controlls are working since the upgrade. I have had a search around and I know the RCD310 should...
  18. GUIDE: Retro fitting OEM Satnav MFD2/MFD3

Thanks for the guide, used it to upgrade my 2009 (pre-facelift) to an rcd310. No safe pin mod needed, was just plug and play. my car only has a single fakra antenna connector but the radio has space for a double connector, so i just plugged it into one of the two and it seems to work fine. I...
  19. 2008 vs 2011 model

Thanks for all your input. Tried out the 2008 version today, It did feel very dated inside and I will be trying the 2011 version tomorrow. I think you are on the correct lines, I realised it is a 1.2 TSI Emocion(which exists according to Parkers) but I will be sure to check its a TSI anyway...
  20. 2008 vs 2011 model

Woops, Sorry - Corrected :)
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.