Search results

1. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

That's exactly what I thought!! I insisted they delivered mine and it's only a FR 184.
  2. Door rattles!!

There is a video on youtube... I need to do the rear door at some point.
  3. Sport, Normal, Eco profile argument

Cool, definitely want to do the red lighting mod, can anyone advise where the option is in VCDS? I do have the individual setup but the white lighting really does my head in, looks like a car is coming from behind. Thanks
  4. Just ordered my 2.0 FR 184 TDI Leon

Found that my 184 feels much faster and better economy after around 2,500 miles... Loving the car much more now.
  5. Sport, Normal, Eco profile argument

I wish you could have sport engine, light steering BUT red ambient lighting :(
  6. LED hightlights

Do you think these are intentially low due to the Motorway feature which raises the light level above 60mph? Imagine what'll happen if the lights raise on these manually adjusted lights!!! Maybe you can adjust the lights as long as the motorway light feature is disabled. It makes sense to me...
  7. Mk 3 Leather Package

regarding Seat leather, does anyone else thing the steering wheel leather is very hard? It's almost like plastic - nothing like that in my golf.
  8. LED hightlights

I would say that seems quite high... as every bump you hit will cause your lights to be blinding people. I don't see a line on the road in front of me, so would assume the lights being set any higher wouldn't have any real world benefit. I've never heard of people raising their headlights as...
  9. Mk 3 Leather Package

I was about to say the same about cleaning leather being much easier - same with a sofa, fabric looks nice but you can't beat leather for cleanability :) My golf has full leather and I must say I refer the feel of the Alcantara in the leon but they both have pro's and con's. Regarding price...
  10. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

When I drove the car yesterday everything on the MFD was slightly out of place, noticed the trip and mileage too high, time and gear selection too low, when opening the doors they were shown in front of the car on the display - weird. Fine today.
  11. Seat finance good or better deals available?

They make money out of selling you their finance deal, so if you're willing to go with it they should be throwing in incentives to use it... From my understanding this is where garages make their profit rather than the actually price of the car.
  12. Illuminated Side Sills

I actually thought the instructions where quite good, just that I didn't expect it to work off of batteries and magnets! I would love a set but when you open the doors the interior lights surely would overpower it??? Would love some pictures of it installed though.
  13. LED hightlights

Yeah I have a good cut line either side of the road like the barrier, I just don't really see a line in front of the car unlike Xenons... but they do seem a tad higher level than my Golf so maybe that's why, and maybe because when I compare I'm going over 60mph and thus they level higher as per...
  14. DSG on FR 184 Diesel - Worth it?

If money was no issue, I would have the DSG to benefit for faster gear changes to keep boost, however, over a grand... I couldn't justify it. Personally I find the manual pretty annoying as around 30 - 40 mph you constantly need to keep changing gear, about 42mph for 5th (from memory), so...
  15. LED hightlights

Just a thought, people do realise there is a setting for Motorway lights? This raises the level above 60mph (or around that)... you enable it in the options. After a few more weeks I am actually finding them better than I thought, not mind blowing but definitely good enough and it gives a...
  16. FR 184 Diesel - PCP Prices

I got a fully funded 184, convenience pack, 18" and Alcantara, fully maintained on 17k miles per annum for two years for £298 per month... there is a 5x £298 deposit though (£1490). You'll not get the bodykit included as that's an option - you'd need to divide that by x amount of months you...
  17. How do I decide my car?!?!

If you have climate control then you just push the front window demist button? Anyway, this should help http://www.rac.co.uk/community/blog/rac-blog/january-2013/how-to-demist-your-windscreen-in-double-quick-time
  18. Leon ST FR 184 ride comfort from alloys

My car is a lease car and because I needed a car quick I managed to get a cancelled order which was about to arrive, I didn't want the bigger wheels as they're a £13 per month option, however it was that or make a new order (12 week wait) so I was force to have them. I don't really love them...
  19. Read this or get wet!

Totally agree, you'd think by now they might solve this issue! Not that it's really life and death :)
  20. Fan problem

I was told that if you're only going to be doing short journeys then a diesel isn't for you, I think they recommend you drive it for at least 15 minutes to allow it to get up to temperature to avoid DPF problems, otherwise a petrol would be a better choice. I had the fan noise when I stopped a...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.