Search results

1. Run flats ok?

The difference is that a run flat will do just that but will more than likely need replacing when you get to where your going etc. ContiSeal will potentially repair itself when reflated. This is what mine did, therefore, where tyres are concerned I nearly always replace like for like using...
  2. how to

Model and year would be helpful. I have a 2014 SE LUX and I change settings on the dash to 'Travel mode' and it's all done automatically. I do have the headlight upgrade (sorry can't remember what they are called).
  3. Adjustment of rear seats?

I have a '14 plate. I don't think there is an adjustment on the third row, but I'll have a look when I get a moment (I don't use them much). 2nd row middle seat is adjusted with the loop handle that you use to fold the seat. It is fiddly.
  4. 2016 Alhambra SE LUX

No window deflectors on my SE LUX! Climate control all the way. Open the roof sometimes when it's really nice. Windows are for car parks, toll booths and occasionally to talk to someone LOL :D
  5. Rear Aircon Unit Button

Agreed that's insane. Breakers yards, ebay etc I suppose. I'd be inclined to use the front settings. Driver sets what they want and if they want it warmer/colder in the back just press 'rear' on the panel at the front and set it how they want. Bit of a faff but saves £400!
  6. Battery drain

Model. Engine size and year might help. :D
  7. SEAT Dealer Lakeside Essex

Doing a bit of (rare) shopping at Lakeside, Thurrock, Essex and I see a 'new' SEAT dealer opening in August. I wonder if it's anything to do with the Essex group as SEAT moved out of the dealership on the retail park which is now Ford, Kia and Mazda. They were never great in my opinion so it...
  8. Center Armrest

Good to hear you got it sorted and some feedback about SEAT Braintree. They are not that far from me, particularly as my local dealer (Lakeside, Thurrock) have stopped doing SEAT. Mind you they were not great and overpriced as well so only used as a last resort.
  9. To Diesel, or Not To Diesel?

184ps dsg, nice. Considered chopping in my 177 for one but waiting a little while. Occasionally I look at MPG on the trip computer thingy and I've had 50+ on a long run and 30's at other times. I hardly look as I didn't buy it for it's fuel economy. Love the space and comfort, like the power...
  10. To Diesel, or Not To Diesel?

Since 2011 the diesels have used adblue. No dpf issues. Some have had issues with adblue but personally I haven't (tempting fate now). 2.0TDI DSG 2014 SE Lux and just over 30,000 miles having done two adblue fills.
  11. Center Armrest

2014 SE LUX There is a ratchet. From the lowest position it has about six or seven clicks as it comes up and yes it will stay at any of them until you move it right to the top. It will then go all the way down and you start again. Sounds like either a dodgy ratchet on the switch at the top...
  12. Alhambra adblue warning

So pretty much 14,000 miles later! 1500 warning light comes on, picked up 1 x 10 ltr (apparently don't do the 5's anymore) and a 1.8 ltr from a VW garage. Convenient location otherwise I've never used them before. Can't remember how much but it was less than £20. Topped up this morning, all...
  13. Looking at buying new top spec Alhambra

I bought a similarly top spec 177ps DSG SE LUX back in 2014. Although I also live in Essex I went to Western SEAT in Edinburgh (Brian McLeary). No more cheap flights from Southend but you can go from Stansted and I saved a LOT (and I mean a LOT) of money. Nice gentle drive home to get used to...
  14. Rear Power doors and cold weather?

I'm assuming you're talking about electric doors. I've not had any problem but the temperatures around here have only hit about -1 or freezing. Fair enough I'd expect a problem if it was really, really cold like -18, -20 and even then I'd have thought they'd just be a bit slow with a decent...
  15. Seat alhambra extras available?

Model year, engine and version will help :)
  16. Alhambra 2009 drivers wing mirror

I have a 2014 model with indicators in the mirrors. Big model change in 2011. No idea if it would fit yours, I doubt it but you never know! Sorry not that helpful really. R
  17. 240v

'Might' fit. because of the funny shaped slot you are better off with this type http://www.amazon.co.uk/Go-Travel-Twin-USB-Charger/dp/B00CA33G56/ref=sr_1_11?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1444331686&sr=1-11&keywords=european+usb+plug+adapter or this one is similar to ours...
  18. 240v

We had some from our many trips abroad. It's the standard European socket. The one we use most is actually a USB adapter. It's a German plug with 4 USB ports on it. You can get them on the usual action sites flea bay, amazon etc. prices and quality can vary though. Some travel shops also have...
  19. Spare tyre/Space saver

I have a 2014 SE LUX. Not a hope of fitting it anywhere. I just take it in the boot when away overnight etc. Very heavy too......
  20. Spare tyre/Space saver

Hi, Been away myself so hope this isn't too late. I got a steel wheel online from a place called Oponeo and shopped around for the tyre. It sits in the garage most of the time and take it with us for long trips. Hope that helps
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise