Search results

1. Water leak underneath middle of car

Yes but it's teed off to the engine block. It's from that end it was leaking.
  2. Water leak underneath middle of car

Your reply got me thinking. I put a bowl under where the fluid was dripping and collected it. It was just like clear water so it must be from the AC. I assumed that there must be a leak somewhere else so i had my son rev the car while I looked underneath and I noticed splashes of water which I...
  3. Water leak underneath middle of car

Yeah, the warning light came on originally a couple of weeks ago. I topped up the tank & it was ok until this Monday when the light came on again. The tank was definitely low. I topped up the tank once again & this time the light came on after only a day. I checked the level again this morning...
  4. Water leak underneath middle of car

It's clear just like water which is now making me think it's the AC & the leak must be somewhere else.
  5. Water leak underneath middle of car

I wonder why the leak appeared to stop when I turned the heater off? Unless the water was from the AC & I have mistaken it for a leak but surely the AC unit wouldn't give off so much water? Also, I may have had the AC on for maybe 10 minutes after work but when I was inspecting the car for the...
  6. Water leak underneath middle of car

Thanks for your reply. It is difficult to see where the leak originates as it's dripping from the undertray as you say. I noticed this morning that the heater was blowing warm air when turned off. Not sure if this is normal? As I said previously i couldn't see the leak until I turned the heater...
  7. Water leak underneath middle of car

Hello all. I have a 2007 Leon FR & the coolant warning light came on Monday. I filled the tank up & it came on again after only a day. I could not see any visible leaks until this evening when I jacked up the car & had it running. At first, there were no leaks until I put the heater on warm &...
  8. Fuel filler cap pipe

Thank you. I have used some Epoxy resin. Not sure how long it will last though :)
  9. Fuel filler cap pipe

I snapped the cover off of my 2007 FR so I thought I would see how easy they are to change. I took the housing out & noticed there was a small pipe within the housing. The pipe doesn't appear to be connected to anything. Any ideas?
  10. Leaking windscreen washer jet.

I thought my front washer jets had become blocked so I gave them a quick clean out with a small piece of wire. It helped a little but when I go to use them I have a leak that drips down under the front driver side wheel arch. I want to have a good look at the pipes on Saturday but not sure where...
  11. Coolant loss

Cheers thanks for that I will take a look tonight & see if I can see anything obvious.
  12. Coolant loss

13. Coolant loss

Right ok I shall see if I can see anything obvious. I assume your pic is looking from the ground up & that's the sump you can see? Is the water pump at the lowest point of the car? I know the alternator is at the top looking down. Should the car be running to look for any leaks around the pump...
  14. Coolant loss

I had a quick look last night but I am not sure where I need to be looking. There's a plastic cover under the front end. I guess I need to pop this off to see the water pump?
  15. Coolant loss

I had the water pump changed & cam belt on my 2007 FR around 3 months ago & everything seemed fine. 8 days ago I had the warning light come on for the coolant level. I filled it up & it came on again yesterday so after 8 days & around 1k miles. Apart from the coolant loss I cannot see any other...
  16. Knocking sound at idle & low coolant.

You mean there could have been an airlock in the system when the pump was changed & it's made its way out?
  17. Knocking sound at idle & low coolant.

I have no idea what grade he put in to be honest. Just been out in it & the knocking is only there for maybe a minute on start up. Before I put oil in today the knocking was constantly there at idle. I will check the water daily & see if it drops.
  18. Knocking sound at idle & low coolant.

I have a 2.0 diesel seat Leon FR. I had the cam belt and water pump changed by a friend about 3 months ago. Not sure if the following are due to this. I noticed a relatively noisy ticking sound at idle. Once I increased the revs to 1000 it disappeared. I had a oil change done at the same time. I...
  19. Ball joint bolt snapped

I am going to give it a go without taking the drive shaft out. Hopefully I can get a pry bar in where the rubber is as I am replacing the ball joint I can afford to damage it a little. I am pretty sure the holes are not elliptical so I should be able to do a straight swap.
  20. Ball joint bolt snapped

Thanks for your reply. How easy it is to remove the drive shaft? Is it just a 36mm socket onto the centre nut? I was looking at separators but the slot in the middle doesnt look big enough on the ones I've seen advertised.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.