Search results

1. 2005 Mk1 Leon FR TDi - what standard colours were produced? any buying tips?

I'd say blacks a nice colour of car to have but only when they're clean! They do look stunning after being polished but they're a nightmare to keep that way, swirlmarks show up easier etc so I'd save myself the hassle and go for another colour. Sure there's the odd yellow one around but a lot...
  2. painting alloys

I'd say pretty much what Matty has said although if your rubbing down and it goes back to bare metal then I'd use an etch primer. This would probably be followed up by a couple of light coats of your colour of choice - until you have a uniform finish. There may well be paints that are a one...
  3. No Impressed

Sure mate, it is what it is but it still gets my goat. Ive had a women forcing her way by me with her eyes screwed shut and her passenger looking the other way, same scenario as yourself although I was in a 15 tonner at the time. I swear there are some kamikaze experts out there...
  4. Few spots of soot/oil on tailgate?

Exactly, no point in doing one and not the other!
  5. Hallo everybody!

Welcome Sippuz! I'm tuned :snack:
  6. Hello from Scotland

Welcome, I like your avatar! You haven't by any chance read a book called 'filth' by Irvine Welsh have you? Plenty of good information on here :D
  7. Slow speed fan problem - Guide to fixing

I came to the same conclusion myself having compared the specs. In fact I took the ‘chance’ and ordered them soon after I posted on here. Fairly confident they both do the same job. If there’s only 3 then there must have been at least 5 when I ordered... A word to anyone else who might need...
  8. No Impressed

You have my sympathy. You didn't happen to catch her reg details by any chance? If this happens to anyone my advice would be to get the anchors, handbrake and hazards on in one swift movement, get out and get the car reg number [:@] This is followed by recording as many details as you can...
  9. Few spots of soot/oil on tailgate?

I'm on 90K and decided to clean my EGR valve and couldn't believe the carbon build up so well worth doing at your mileage especially if you do a lot of easy driving. Only thing I would add is that your intake manifold will be similar (at least on the inlet side) so take care when removing it
  10. Slow speed fan problem - Guide to fixing

Guys, Will the following resistors be suitable (UK RS online: Part number 720-5378) I followed the original link to Farnell but they're out of stock till late August... Help much appreciated, cheers
  11. Best windscreen treatment

Rain X to clean/coat. Job Done. Use it when you polish your car...
  12. Honeymoon Period Over

Bit of an epic, unnecessary battle. Nice of you to let others know how Seat's customer service is... All good now fella?
  13. Mk 1 LC tdi PD150 brake size frustration

Assuming it hasn't already been done lol
  14. Mk 1 LC tdi PD150 brake size frustration

Like I say, doesn't matter too much about caliper size as ours is good for 310mm dics (with the appropriate 310mm carriers). Someone correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the FSIII calipers made for 280mm discs? Pretty sure these calipers bolt straight onto the hubs i.e without carriers... Moz...
  15. Mk 1 LC tdi PD150 brake size frustration

Saw this thread and thought I’d give it a read as I recently replaced my brakes all round on my 2005 FR 150 tdi. I was the same, I looked for some handy info online first and came across different calliper types and then found myself looking for a stamp which I couldn’t find so it was tools...
  16. someone scratched my car :(

Easy tiger!
  17. someone scratched my car :(

Its all a bit of a joke really, If your gonna claim make sure its a good un
  18. [Cupra R, Brembo] Weak brakes

Exactly the reason I prefer to do my own work. I'm with Muttley on using a pressure bleeder. Cant the ABS pump be purged manually by engaging the ABS?
  19. someone scratched my car :(

This^ I know of a similar experience where claiming insurance was considered but it just wasn't worth it in the end. Fault / Non-fault claim: Fault - they are able to pin the blame and it goes through the other party's insurance, Non-fault - although you aren't responsible it still goes on...
  20. Seat Leon bhp

Congrats on your new purchase, good cars! If the cars standard/unmodified then it should be around 150 bhp? Do you know anyone else who has a standard one?