Search results

1. RicJames

Help please! Front grill replacement

Many thanks for that!! Much appreciated. How easy is the bumper to re-fit then? That's the bit I'm most wary of, things are easy to pull apart but usually considerably more difficult when it comes to putting it back together and getting it realigned properly!
  2. RicJames

Rear Number Plate Lights Not Working

Be careful with LED number plate bulbs!! I had an issue with mine, hopefully the quote of my post will work... Edit: Cost me about £100 in the end for all the diagnostic checks, etc!
  3. RicJames

My First Problem!! Number Plate Lights Stopped Working

Be careful with LED number plate bulbs!! I had an issue with mine, hopefully the quote of my post will work... Edit: Cost me about £100 in the end for all the diagnostic checks, etc!
  4. RicJames

Help please! Front grill replacement

Its been a while since I've had chance to post on here, but I suffered an incident with a low flying pheasant [:@] resulting in a smashed grill which obviously needs replacing! Thankfully no other damage or anything more serious!! The grill is the large lower one below the number plate (I've...
  5. RicJames

RicJames's Leon FR CR170

First Id like to mention, I'd never wrapped anything before! It was a first attempt and basically, just followed videos and tutorials on YouTube!! It took me quite a while, but wasn't too difficult. I bought some black vinyl and then cleared the kitchen table and sat with my grill, a craft knife...
  6. RicJames

RicJames's Leon FR CR170

Thanks Benny, the grill is the standard one, I've just wrapped the chrome. And delivery for the splitters "should" be about two weeks, and yeah, the guy said they're totally redeveloping it! So it should be good to see and I suppose we just have to wait for them!
  7. RicJames

RicJames's Leon FR CR170

I'm waiting on my mate sending me a clip, he stood with his GoPro and I give it a few beans past him... Don't get your hopes up too high, it doesn't sound like a raging V8 or anything, seems to howl (as my mate described it, "like the devil screaming because you've put his nuts in a vice"). I'm...
  8. RicJames

Black Grill

With a bit of time it isn't difficult, there a loads of tutorial video's and how-to's on YouTube, and a selection of basic tools; all I needed was a hair-dryer (YouTube always say heat-gun, but a hair-dyer will do just as well!) and a nice sharp craft knife.
  9. RicJames

Black Grill

I just took my original grill off and wrapped the chrome on it. I bought some black wrap and gave it a go! I hadn't wrapped anything before either but still managed it fairly easily (note: I am very patient and quite particular), it took a good hour to do the chrome surround on the grill and...
  10. RicJames

RicJames's Leon FR CR170

Big news!! The upgrade list has been completed! The insurance changeover has finally come and so many wondrous things have happened :lol: The car is now at Stage 1, and has been fitted with a bespoke stainless exhaust (which produces one hell of a sound! I didn't know diesels could do...
  11. RicJames

Replacement centre caps

Here you go, his section is here, easiest way is to start a thread in there and he'll pick it up and get back to you.
  12. RicJames

Replacement centre caps

Best thing I'd say if you're wanting genuine parts is to ask Dave @ Sere Motors. He's got his own section on the forum and I can say from personal experience, he's brilliant. Not let me down and always been pretty cheap!
  13. RicJames

Floor mats.

Yeah, have a look in my readers ride here clicky not much has happened but like I said, keep an eye on it ;) I've got the same interior mats, black with red piping to keep with all of the rest of the black and red FR theme, although personally I'm not too sure on the red boot mat haha
  14. RicJames

Floor mats.

Haha, I'll try not to do anything after this! There's a few bits being done but will try and kerb it there!! I probably won't but we can try! And nice, don't recall having seen a grey Leon...I'll have to keep an eye out and be sure to have a look!!
  15. RicJames

Floor mats.

Yeah, potter about during the week and then it'll be lovely when you give it a blast at the weekend ;) and its a shame you're not closer and could take them both for a run! What colour have you got btw?
  16. RicJames

Floor mats.

MPG-wise, just driving normally I get about 45-50mpg (mostly A & B roads), and similar on the motorway, I was slightly disappointed with its motorway MPG if I'm honest, I did a run to Newcastle and back a few months back, aboout a 250 mile round trip, holding about 85 on the motorway all the way...
  17. RicJames

Floor mats.

You'll love it ;) what engine are you getting? The petrol or the diesel? I've got the CR170 and find its brilliantly quick, but just as nice to drive when pottering about. I also love all of the toys that the FR+ comes with; sat-nav, phone, media, usb port, etc. However, I've had it two years...
  18. RicJames

Floor mats.

That's good to know then if yours are still going strong after 2yrs! And I didn't, it isn't really worth it for me, nothing messy/dirty ever goes in my boot!
  19. RicJames

Floor mats.

I've got a set of mats from mrcarmats.com, you can choose the style, colour, quality and everything. I've been very impressed and they fit perfectly. They're lasting quite well too, had them for about 4months now and still like new. I did buy the "Premium Velour" ones, they're better than the...
  20. RicJames

Triple R FR Custom Rear Diffuser

Nice!! It looks like I'm going to have to buy some black gloss!! What did you use? And have you also done the grill below/behind the number plate too?
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise