Search results

1. Heater resistor failure

Right-o gents, good news and bad news. Good news is I've managed to change the resistor pack without removing the dashboard, bad news is it's f-ing fiddly to do (took me about an hour to do and some of it will be done blind by feel alone). I can't post links or upload attachments so I've...
  2. Heater resistor failure

I've got the same question as the blower (non climate controlled) resistor pack on my MK5 has gone as well (few months out of warranty as well :censored: :censored:!). 99.9% sure it's the resistor pack as the same happened on my MK4 Polo and I did the resistor pack change myself - it was...
  3. Proof you can get over 50mpg in the SE 1.4

I've got 53mpg on the trip computer and 55mpg based on the petrol pump (full to full but not the same pump) out of my 1.4 Toca. On a long round trip I managed to get 450 miles out of a tank before the trip computer said 0 miles left (on refilling it I only got 41L into the tank I think averaged...
  4. 1.2 70PS v 1.4 85PS

Thanks for the comments. Did a test drive on fairly hilly road and the 1.4 seems to do a pretty good job, I was certainly happier driving the road in the 1.4 85 than I am in my 1.2 65. Coming from an old 65PS I'm used to having to use the gearbox!
  5. 1.2 70PS v 1.4 85PS

Cheers, looks like it could be a bit of a bargain then. By the sounds of it running costs won't be any worse than with my Ibiza 1.2 65.
  6. 1.2 70PS v 1.4 85PS

Upgrading from my ancient 1.2 65PS Ibiza. I've had my eyes on a Ibiza 1.2S A/C 70PS, now I've just seen that same garage has a same age/mileage Ibiza 1.4 Toca 85PS for only about £150 more. Spec wise the Toca is the clear winner, but it's the engine that bothers me the most as I've seen...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.