Search results

1. g_berserk

Lowering Springs Installation Advice

I know, it's the scariest part of the whole deal, so we double check them every time. This is also my 5th time working on suspensions, and so far the accident count it's still zero, fingers crossed if I ever do this again, the number remains the same. That photo is about 4 days after the...
  2. g_berserk

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Removed the rear muffler and got a nice set of exhaust tips similar to those in the Audi RS3 Lowered the car just a little bit Give it a good wash and took some photos Wrapped the front shield and emblem Also changed the oil, coolant cap and windshield wipers
  3. g_berserk

So, I finally found the time to do the springs installation. Really wanted to take it to a garage but my friend had already bought the required tools (minus the strut spreader and open socket for the top bases) and we decided to give it a shot. Took us about 6 hours of cursing, knuckle busting...
  4. g_berserk

Hi everyone, I have a set of new lowering springs for my cupra 265 in the mail, and was wondering if should tackle the install with the help of a friend. We have tools, some experience with other cars, but no access to a lift, just jack and stands, and have never worked on any MQB based car...
  5. g_berserk

Interior Light Strips

You can buy that from AliExpress. It's just EL wires fitted inside a special jacket with an extension that you nudge between panels. It can be trimmed to the size you need, then just tap any 12V source, preferably something that matches the light conditions of your dash instruments, and you're...
  6. g_berserk

Finally found a decent wrap shop in my price range to do the roof of the car, and the bouns is that they go to your house, so no need to drive to the other side of the town to get this done Also, did my brake calipers in teal with white Cupra logos since that's the theme I'm runing in this car
  7. g_berserk

Anyone running 245 width tyres on a Cupra?

No hop whatsoever in the dry, haven't really tested in the rain
  8. g_berserk

Anyone running 245 width tyres on a Cupra?

I'm running 245/40/18 Sumitomo HTR Z3 on a 18x8 wheel. Better traction, ride quality and peace of mind against potholes. We're not talking about a quantum leap here, but noticeable enough to recommend if you're due changing the tyres. However, if I had to do it again, I would have gone with 35...
  9. g_berserk

Show me your MEATY tyres

So finally pulled the trigger on a set of wheels and tires a couple months ago. Due to low budget and good price, I decided on a set of OEM VW Beetle "Disk" wheels 18x8J et+48 with Sumitomo HTR Z3 245/40/18 tyres. And while I know that the overall diameter now is larger than stock, the ride...
  10. g_berserk

Thanks both right now is a hack job, but I will redo-it later on. Really like the combination of Black, Grey and Teal. If I had the money and time, I would change the seatbelts and stitching on the seats to teal even if the resale value went to the ground
  11. g_berserk

Done cheap and quickly with some supplies I had lying around to see if I like it enough to do them properly. What do you guys think? The stripes are superglossy CF immitation, and the badges are using a combination of plastidip and paint. The caliper will follow eventualy in the same shade of...
  12. g_berserk

OBDeleven modifications

You have a very short time from the moment you put the key in the ignition, to when you crank it for the needle sweep to do it's magic. Probably around 5 seconds, if you take longer than that it won't do the sweep. But f you take the key out and put it in again and crank it it will work. Don't...
  13. g_berserk

The ultimate front splitter thread

I couldn't find it in their online store, at least not for the Leon, is it for another car and adapted? the fitting looks spot on.
  14. g_berserk

Front Grill

As far as I know, you don't need to remove the front bumper in order to take them out, but it's close to impossible to put them back in if you don't have it off the car. Now, regarding what to use, there are several options from duplicolor ranging from restore coating to plastic dye depending...
  15. g_berserk

Difference in exhaust notes between DSG CUPRA 280,290 & 300

Want to talk about quiet? Bone stock 265 DSG here with no chance on doing some worthy upgrades anytime soon... I had to turn the soundaktor all the way up and teach my 2-year old kid to do wooshing and fluttering sounds
  16. g_berserk

Wipers - odd behavior or normal?

Every car I've had with automatic wipers and rain sensor does this. Never really bothered to investigate, but just assumed it was something I had to live with
  17. g_berserk

Maxton Design Sideskirts

Thanks! I wonder if they are bolted to the chassis or some clips like OEM sideskirts. Probably the easiest way is to ask them directly but judging by the answer they gave to AndrewJB I'm not holding my hopes high :banned:
  18. g_berserk

What other mods do you have in the car? Asking because I have this on sight not because I want more power, but more wossh and peppiness at the low-medium speeds I can move in this hell of a traffic packed city
  19. g_berserk

Maxton Design Sideskirts

I'm guessing you didn't install the sides, but just by chance you happen to have the install manual for them? Want to know ho hard are they to install and if any drilling is needed.
  20. g_berserk

Intake & Induction info thread

I've seen that in a lot of cars from all brands, and probably I wold do it on a slow day just for the kicks, but stock airboxes are so damn expensive and I like to always keep stock parts in good shape to revert in case I need to take the car to the dealer and when selling. Another extra...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.