Search results

1. Haze

Engine Stutter/Misfire

Try putting cable ties round the coil pack plugs, I had an intermittent misfire issue for months turns out the plugs were loosing connection where they plug in.
  2. Haze

Engine Stutter/Misfire

I've had a similar issues, I think mine is down to the ignition coil leads though. I have a very slight fluctuating idle (sometimes) and an intermittent misfire. Having in plugged and replugged the coil on cylinder 4 I've got another 5 days without a misfire.
  3. Haze

HID Ballast Location

All these things have been MOT failures for years lol. When has it ever been legal to put xenon headlights in a car without the appropriate projector lenses, never.
  4. Haze

Ignition leads

Hi guys, I think I've come close to finding the cause to an intermittent misfire and fluctuating idle. I think it maybe the ignition coil leads the car was misfiring and after a wiggle round of the wires it was fine so perhaps shorting. My question is A) is this plausible? I cannot find many...
  5. Haze

MAF faulty or fine

Because everyone MAF is broken haha. I was under the impression that the ECU uses various other sensors to manage the airflow and so if you unplug you MAF then it reverts to other sensors which will be completely out of your MAF has been doing its job. Whereas if your MAF is broken the ECU will...
  6. Haze

MAF faulty or fine

Do you know what sort of MAF readings would be normal for a stage 1 LCR BAM. I've read that 180g/s is correct for a LC 180.
  7. Haze

MAF faulty or fine

With this in mind perhaps I will change mine then, I've got a BOSCH one for collection at ECP. I know its a recon but even GSF want 150 for a recon (after surcharge). Been having some issues with random misfires when poodling along. Smoke tested and replaced the PCV valve, still happened...
  8. Haze

MAF faulty or fine

I know this question has popped up many a time however, I can not find any concrete evidence to suggest either way. When an MAF goes bad its obvious, you get a code, unplug the MAF and the car runs better. What about if you have no codes but you unplug the MAF and NOTHING changes? Some vehicles...
  9. Haze

Remap in kent

Badger 5 or AmD , sorted.
  10. Haze

Anyone ever been too SA tuning in Essex?

This is true, it takes me 45 minutes to get to AmD I've had my car mapped and serviced there for the last 3 years. Just recently went local for a smoke test at this place and just wanted too see if anyone had used them for a map.
  11. Haze

South East members list

Where abouts mate, I'm in stortford.
  12. Haze

Which code reader?

I would like to add that I have an eBay OBD reader and use it with Dash Command but even when the engine light is flashing in my face like a Thai massage parlour it still doesn't give me any codes.
  13. Haze

Anyone ever been too SA tuning in Essex?

As the title says, just wondering if anyone's been to SA tuning or considered them/ heard of them. I had my car done at AmD, this place however is just down the road.
  14. Haze

Leaking PCV valve

My PCV valve (hockey puck) is leaking part# 06A129101D. Is it worth waiting till tomorrow from TPS or just getting a VAICO copy from GSF today? Tried stealers and they don't know what it is :rofl:
  15. Haze

Help needed: intermittent backfiring loosing cylinder

Iam a bit of a noob to be honest, do the plugs need to be gapped correctly and torqued if so i'm not sure i have the tool for that.
  16. Haze

Help needed: intermittent backfiring loosing cylinder

Hi guys, help needed please. My engine recently started sounding like it was running on less cylinders for a few seconds but would sort itself out. was able to drive and boost no problem. Coils were changed 8 months ago for BOSCH genuine ones after they failed following a stage 1 remap...
  17. Haze

Serviced my car at SEAT main dealer with remap on experiment

My mate has Golf R, he got it mapped at AmD. After seeing all the seat guys taking there leons in for service and loosing the map I warned him when he took it too VW for a service they may update the ECU and you will loose the map. AmD told him that they will not be able to do this as it wont...
  18. Haze

Which Colour

Shadow chrome
  19. Haze

Stage 1/2 advice AUQ

Well he said he wants get a Cupra r next year. I guess if the Cupra is nice and healthy then go for it. You just have to factor in all sorts of wear and tear that would have otherwise lasted perhaps a bit longer on a standard map.
  20. Haze

Stage 1/2 advice AUQ

You'll save money if you sell your Cupra and buy a Cupra R with a few mods already done. There's plenty out there if your looking in the right places.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members