Search results

1. Haze

Ignition leads

Hi guys, I think I've come close to finding the cause to an intermittent misfire and fluctuating idle. I think it maybe the ignition coil leads the car was misfiring and after a wiggle round of the wires it was fine so perhaps shorting. My question is A) is this plausible? I cannot find many...
  2. Haze

MAF faulty or fine

I know this question has popped up many a time however, I can not find any concrete evidence to suggest either way. When an MAF goes bad its obvious, you get a code, unplug the MAF and the car runs better. What about if you have no codes but you unplug the MAF and NOTHING changes? Some vehicles...
  3. Haze

Anyone ever been too SA tuning in Essex?

As the title says, just wondering if anyone's been to SA tuning or considered them/ heard of them. I had my car done at AmD, this place however is just down the road.
  4. Haze

Leaking PCV valve

My PCV valve (hockey puck) is leaking part# 06A129101D. Is it worth waiting till tomorrow from TPS or just getting a VAICO copy from GSF today? Tried stealers and they don't know what it is :rofl:
  5. Haze

Help needed: intermittent backfiring loosing cylinder

Hi guys, help needed please. My engine recently started sounding like it was running on less cylinders for a few seconds but would sort itself out. was able to drive and boost no problem. Coils were changed 8 months ago for BOSCH genuine ones after they failed following a stage 1 remap...
  6. Haze

Leon mk2 cockpit

ive had a mk1 LCR for 5 years, I've always liked the exterior of the mk2 Cupra R especially with the BTCC kit . I cannot however get over how aweful the centre dash is, so bland and boring even with an aftermarket HU. I was wondering wether anyone shares this opinion. Perhaps you own one but...
  7. Haze

Knocking from somewhere

Hey guys Weekends here again... Got a slight knocking over small bumps and when I violently turn left to right at slow speeds. Sounds as if it's coming from the the front middle somewhere underneath. It actually sounds like exhaust knocking but from the rear it's firm. ARBS? Drop...
  8. Haze

Less boost in the cold

Stage 1 was boosting 18-19 psi up until it started getting cold, colder it got less it boosts. These sub 5 degree evenings I'm seeing 15-16 psi. Can't say I ever noticed any drops in boost because of cold weather before the map.
  9. Haze

Best IOS diagnostic software OBD2 WiFi dongle

As title says, can anyone recommend an IOS app that is compatible with WiFI ELM327. DashCommand so far looks to be the only competitor.
  10. Haze

Remap and coilpacks

Had my LCR 225 remapped yesterday, today in third gear, hit 4-5K revs and misfire then running rough. Feels juddery and like its chokey. especially pulling away in low revs. Drove it round the corner and back home. The engine management light flashes intermittently. Everything pointing towards...
  11. Haze

What happened to my LCR?

Never really though to much about it as the car has never missed a beat but thinking about it.... when I first saw this I thought maybe bent conrods, but doesn't look Like it as it's not mentioned. Wondered if anyone was able to dissect this invoice and propose some possibilities? Labour...
  12. Haze

Forge 007p or Bosch/ kayser 710P DV

Cant decide between forge 008 or OEM 710p, heard the 710p can hold stage 1 boost without a problem, its much cheaper than the forge too and doesnt require maintenance. Thoughts?
  13. Haze

710n 710p dv

swapping out my stock DV for another stock DV, 710P is the latest but I've heard its not as strong as the 710N.... is it just chinese whispers? what should i get? Ta
  14. Haze

JR cone cleaning tips

As the title says really, after some tips on what to use to clean my JR filter and what to do after Cleaning? (Small amount of spray oil?)
  15. Haze

Considering high mileage remap LCR225

I'm aware of the existing threads on high mileage remaps, but just wanted a bit more of a personal response. I have an 05 LCR on 117K miles. I've made the decision to keep the car for a few more years and so I'am after a bit more enjoyment. The car as I'm aware is still on the same turbo and...
  16. Haze

Where to get an armrest fitted

Does anyone know of any companies that actually fit Armrests for this car, I know the kit is available online but I don't have the tools and currently dont have the time, but I really really want an armrest.
  17. Haze

Number plate relocation

Hello guys, thinking of relocating number plate to the side, was wondering if and how the grey plastic number plate can be removed from the front bumper to just leave the grill. And what would be needed to put the number plate itself on the side, perhaps just number plate sticky tape?
  18. Haze

Exactly what couplers/ Joiners

Exactly what Couplers/ Joiners will i need to push cone further into wing and will it still fit in heatshield? Please link me
  19. Haze

Climate control malfunction

The other day my climate control went from being fine to behaving very strange, I'm aware of the of the black circles that can happen and that pixels can die however this does not seem to be either, it appears to jump numbers and what may seem like a dead part does work on different numbers...
  20. Haze

Keeping Nomad pillar attached

Hi, I have a vault and boost gauge in a Nomad pillar pod that I purchased all together off eBay about a year ago, I just used adhesive Velcro strips, with time they began to hold 'less better' and now with the hot weather the adhesion is also suffering. What other methods are there that aren't...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise