Search results

1. Thermostat Location on 1.4

Yup, the rad appears in good order and I can't see any issues with air flow to it. The fans are cutting in as they should, although the AC has a mind of it's own - but that's another problem! The car doesn't always over cool. 9/10 times it quickly heats up to 90°C and stays there, but that...
  2. Thermostat Location on 1.4

Having replaced these parts, I'm still getting problems with over cooling. Coudl there be another underlying issue causing the thermostat to fail or have I just lucked out and replaced a broken one with another duff?
  3. Thermostat Location on 1.4

FYI, the coolant 'loss' on removing the thermostat was around 2.5 litres. About 500ml comes out of the rad hose with a further 2 litres from the block/expansion tank once you pull out the thermostat. Managed to catch around 2 litres using a jug wedged in the gap on the RH side of the engine...
  4. Thermostat Location on 1.4

Not tried yet, it's a job for Saturday morning. Picked up the bits from SEAT and checked the diagrams on their parts system. Cheers for your help, Paul
  5. Thermostat Location on 1.4

For anyone who cares: Coolant Temp Sensor - Take from front of engine, located next to nearest rad hose. Thermostat - Take from right hand side of engine (or front left wing, if you prefer). Located behind second rad hose, secured by two bolts.
  6. Thermostat Location on 1.4

Are you confusing the thermostat with the coolant temperature sensor?
  7. Thermostat Location on 1.4

Either way, damn sight easier to access than on a 1.8T. Cheers, Paul
  8. Thermostat Location on 1.4

Is it on the lower of the two hoses from the rad?
  9. Thermostat Location on 1.4

Could anyone provide a picture or diagram showing the location of the thermostat on the 1.4 petrol engine? Also, if anyone has changed it, how much coolant did you lose? i.e. How much G12 will I need to buy? Many thanks, Paul
  10. Interior Central Locking Switch

Ah, hopefully that'll be it then! I assumed both the lock & unlock would be on the same fuse.
  11. Interior Central Locking Switch

Dunno, I'll have to check tomorrow. If it's not, is it a fuse?
  12. Interior Central Locking Switch

The unlock switch has stopped working on the lock/unlock button in my 1.4 S. Is there a separate relay for this switch or is it likely to be the switch itself that's died? The button locks the doors OK, but the unlock is dead. Cheers, Paul
  13. Price for Cambelt Kit & Labour - 2001 1.4S

Anyone know the book time for the job?
  14. Price for Cambelt Kit & Labour - 2001 1.4S

As per title, could you post typical prices paid for the belt kit & labour (inc. how many hours)? Cheers, Paul
  15. Supercharging the Ibiza - Progress Thread, the beginning

Or that they start charging the interest before you are even able to begin repaying it :censored:
  16. large port engine codes

AGU from early Golf/A3 1.8T's
  17. Which parts fit?

the fronts won't fit because of the ARB's. you'll need the fronts from a TT.
  18. Had a blowout......

Lucky not to be a failure like that TBH. Visual inspection doesn't really apply to the fatigue of tyres due to age. It won't neccaserily be something obvious, or external that may cause failure. A tyre lasting 10 years is luck, not judgement.
  19. intake Turbo Hose

It made my DV louder :shrug:
  20. Bridgstone RE070

RE040's were OE spec on Cupra/FR Tdi's IIRC. RE050's are generally standard spec on Saloons due to their higher load rating. BMW use them in run-flat form on 5 series etc.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise