Search results

1. faulty speedo cluster?

I did do, it seemed okay. Did have a sticker on it from some company which made me think it's been repaired before. Unless that's the company that made it but I peeled it off to open the cluster
  2. faulty speedo cluster?

You're miles away I think :( I'd like another coded but finding one isn't easy
  3. Mk4 ibiza sport 130... Work in progress

Totally had zero time lately. Need to update this.. Coilys are on just need fine tweaking for height centre caps are in that is basically all I've done other than wishbone bushes and service. Next Up: Gearbox sump tool change gearbox oil Lower a tad more and level out height repair washer...
  4. faulty speedo cluster?

I need to do this really. TCS light is broken now :/
  5. crashing over pot holes

Broken top mount one side and a fractionally loose nut the other side. New mounts and nuts and happy days absolute pleasure to drive no more bumpy than the standard suspension :)
  6. crashing over pot holes

Sorted :) Comfy as hell now :)
  7. faulty speedo cluster?

As above had 1 or 2 flickery back light leds. then noticed my fuel tank doesn't hold much now my traction control light has stopped working and my indicators click sometimes and not others Are these early symptoms of a speedo failure? Perhaps the fuel guage isn't readin as well as it...
  8. heated mirrors not working

Ah I see. All others I've had I can see the elements on the back of the glass but not this one. I forgot the multimeter but will do it tomorrow :)
  9. Wishbone refitting

Ouch, not ideal. Is there anywhere decent to get a rack? Cheers
  10. crashing over pot holes

Standard fk so no preload to my knowledge no idea of spring rate either :/ I'm useless I'm afraid lol
  11. crashing over pot holes

As above. since I've fitted my coilovers (granted they're only fk) It drives perfect normally but as soon as I hit a small pot hole or really anything more than a tiny bump the crash noise is almost unbearable. Doesn't decrease comfort too muh but makes me properly cringe. Is this...
  12. Wishbone refitting

Nice. The fluid is only light in colour. More like used gear oil. shouldn't it be dark?
  13. heated mirrors not working

I've noticed my t5 ones stay hot. But as you can set them on vag com this seems silly really.. I'll see if I can set mine for 3 mins or something and see if that helps them work if not then they'll need replacing as you say
  14. Wishbone refitting

Yes but that said I've fitted my front coilovers and shorter drop links at the same time mate Now it crashes over bumps lol
  15. heated mirrors not working

This makes sense. Unfortunately vcds lite won't let me change most settings till I've paid which is a no go atm. Mortgage has just been declined because someone has had some pay day loan business in my name :(
  16. heated mirrors not working

I am in fact an electrician so yeah can stretch to that. Haven't had time as yet only thought of it this evening and the van is at the Mrs house with my kit. I'll check that when I get a minute and post back :)
  17. heated mirrors not working

As in the heated glass? or complete mirror? Cheers
  18. Wishbone refitting

Me too! Cheers :) One thing that has me a touch worried... One of the dust covers on the inner end of the track rod arm, assumably the end of the rack has a small puncture in it and seems to be dripping fluid. I'm assuming this isn't Normal? Where's the PAS reservoir? Or isn't there one can't...
  19. heated mirrors not working

As above. checked all relevant fuses etc. Pulled the mirror glass off and this is what I have they don't ever get got. Obviously I have the switch on heat mode too. Is this glass even a heated glass? I know the plugs are there but it doesn't look like there's anything more though...
  20. Wishbone refitting

All sorted. Perseverance really. First one took 10 mins and popped in after all that hassle. The other side came out complete with the bush and was a swine but went eventually it's nice and tight especially now the coilys are fitted too :) I like it. Cheers guys
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.