Search results

1. Why does it do this?

Facelift FR. Why does the climate control have a mind of it's own? I set off in the car, set the temp and blower speed I want. Auto, dual and AC is off. Get a couple of minutes down the road and it's decided the increase the fan speed up a couple of notches, now it sounds like a ******* gale...
  2. Brand realignment

According to a recent news article VAG are considering changing the positioning of the Seat and Skoda brands. The Skoda brand will move into a cheaper price bracket, to target buyers in Eastern Europe and compete against brands like Kia and Dacia. The Seat brand will move into a more expensive...
  3. Flags everywhere

Suddenly every thread has a flag next to it showing where the poster comes from. Is there an option to disable this? Looks bloody rubbish.
  4. Lower Intercooler Hose CR170

I'm after the drivers-side lower intercooler hose for my CR170 FR, I've got in a complete muddle over the part or part number I need. It's the 2.0 CEGA engine, the hose should have the rubbish VAG connector on the intercooler end but just normal rubber hose on the other, kinda looks like the...
  5. Rear Track Rod

Theres two types of rear track rod available, sided and non-sided - are they interchangeable? 1K0501529F and 1K0501530C are the left and right rods, used till mid-2009. 1K0501529J is the non-sided rod, used from then on. The subframe remained the same and the rear hub knuckles were revised in...
  6. Lower Control Arm - sided?

I replaced a lot of rear suspension recently, but re-used my lower control arms. I thought I put them back correctly, but now I'm second-guessing myself. Are they sided and directional? I'm wondering if I've got my left on my right, or I've got them on the correct side but one or more upside...
  7. Rear upper control arm

My rear alignment bolts are seized so I'm fitting new arms and bolts, lower arm is easy enough to chop out, but does anyone have any tips or a guide to get the upper arm off?? I'm guessing it needs to be cut out but access is pretty bad, even with springs and shocks removed. Any tips...
  8. Bleeding Cooling system

Have just changed the thermostat on my PD130, used genuine part and O-ring. Naturally lost abit of coolant in the process. Whats the best process to bleed the system? Do you run it upto temp with the cap off the expansion bottle (which takes friggin ages) or do you just slap some extra...
  9. Which Coolant Temp Sensor PD130??

I'm looking to change the coolant temp sensor at the weekend on my PD130 sport. I can't actually figure out the exact sensor needed as different places are saying different things. ECP/CP4L don't list it, GSF do list one but don't have a replacement O-ring or retaining clip. Darkside list...
  10. Rear brake issue

Changed my rear brakes at the weekend following the guide on here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115530 Came to the last part: Having done that my brakes are now stuck on hard, I guess the calipers have adjusted out too far? Can anyone advise which bit I've cocked...
  11. PD130 running temp

Does anyone know the actual running temperature for the PD130? After a motorway run my gauge shows a tad under 90, but the reading via OBDII is just over 70. I know they use a different sensor and the dash gauge isn't very accurate, but is the 70 deg I'm seeing via OBD correct? I assume 70...
  12. Does this work?

Looking around at advice on cleaning the EGR on a PD130 and I found this video about doing it in-situ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn6947-z48s Does it actually have much of an effect?
  13. Caliper re-wind tool

I've got to do my brakes (front and rear) fairly soon, is there a specific caliper re-wind tool for the rear calipers on the Ibiza, if not is there a recommended one to use? The car's a PD 130 sport Thanks :)
  14. CV Joint Gone?

How do you go about figuring out if a CV joint has gone - is there any kind of play you can feel somehow?? I'm getting a fast knocking/tapping noise that sounds like it's coming from my right front side. Almost sounds like something is rubbing knocking against moving parts? It only...
  15. Rear suspension

I've snapped a spring at the back, second snapped spring this year :( I'm going to replace all shocks, springs and top mounts at the rear - but which ones are best? ECP list a couple of different shocks, one for 'cars with sports suspension' Mines an 03 Sport PD 130. Can I switch to the Fabia...
  16. Is this right??

2003 PD130 (asz) I need to replace an intercooler hose, it comes from the intercooler to near the alternator. The metal tangs on the end nearest the intercooler are mullered and it's popping off under boost. I've found this pipe from Forge, is it the correct pipe or is it another...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise