Search results

1. Key Fob dead after battery change

Oh, oh dear…. rolls into a ball and hides in the corner. Having not used Duracell for years is no excuse. If ever you are Norwich way, Seriously?, I most definitely owe you a pint. Now to buy a book on “Avoiding Stupidity”.
  2. Key Fob dead after battery change

Oops, sorry for the weird attachment. My granddaughter, very much into unicorns, added one just before I posted!
  3. Key Fob dead after battery change

Thanks, rafletcher. Yes, I had read about using a 2032. I gave this a go, but with no success. I have always I used 2025 and, although I can’t remember that far back, I assume the keys had them fitted when I bought my Leon new. I will now try some different 2032s tomorrow, along with 2025s. If...
  4. Key Fob dead after battery change

Thanks, Mr Mustard. Helps to know I am not alone! I’ll buy some different cells tomorrow (probably Energiser, which are my current ones near the end of their life) and report back.
  5. Key Fob dead after battery change

Thanks for the thoughts. Batteries are Duracell, bought this week from two different Wilco stores. Expiry date said to be 2032. Sadly, I don’t have any different kit to try out the batteries in something else.
  6. Key Fob dead after battery change

Changed batteries (CR2025) in both key fobs after low battery warnings. Both keys completely dead, although batteries are new. Put old batteries back in - fine, apart from low battery warnings. Tried new ones again - dead. Old ones in - fine. Tried new batteries from a different set - also dead...
  7. Reversing light - LED replacement

You can get an online user guide: https://www.seat.co.uk/datamanual-manual/leon/my19_w48/en-uk/LEON_11_18_EN.pdf
  8. New phone - Bluetooth incompatible?

Thanks for the encouragement to try again. So far as I am aware, I didn’t do anything different, but pairing successful. Weird.. but happy.
  9. New phone - Bluetooth incompatible?

I recently acquired a OnePlus 8 Pro phone. Only OnePlus phones up to the 7 Pro seem to be on the Seat Bluetooth list for my 64 reg (12/14) Leon. Am I stuck now without bluetooth?
  10. SD card size for music.

I have a 128Gb card in my 64 Reg. Music stored as MP3 (see little point in Wav, or whatever, in a car) and so much music on the card, it is ridiculous. Still plenty of space to add many more hours.
  11. How many miles do you get on a full tank?

Long term average 50mpg in my 64 reg 184. Recently did a couple of gentle (under 60mph-ish) motorway stints, totalling just under 700 miles, without running on empty at the end.
  12. Let's talk MPG / consumption

Never believe what you read on the display. The only way to check real consumption is brim to brim and, even then, you will need several brimmings to get something that you can treat as 99% accurate.
  13. Petrol Head testing 0 - 60 code

Can we all break the thread title and reminisce? I’ve been knocked off my cycle by a deer jumping over a hedge into me and I’ve had a swan through the windscreen, while a car passenger.
  14. Need to switch off Actuator

20% for me, but each to their own.
  15. Dtuk box on a 2.0tdi 184 good idea or not?

I wouldn’t recommend a particular setting because, as I mentioned, each car seems to be different. Trial and error will find the one that is right for you. I would begin the process with 1.1, 2.1 and 3.1 and get a feel for which you prefer; I suggest this because the x.1 settings seem to be...
  16. Dtuk box on a 2.0tdi 184 good idea or not?

Sheer pleasure. Transforms the car and, for me, no change in the mpg. You will read that individual cars seem to run on different settings. I tend to stick to 2.2 and only hit ‘judder’ etc. if I go for x.3. Others will have different settings. A great investment.
  17. Dtuk mpg

I find Map 1 gives the best mpg and Map 3 the worst, but the differences are not enormous. I have run 1.1, 2.1 and 3.1 for fairly long periods, with average, real world and not car display, mpg of 51, 50 and 48 approx. respectively. Others post higher mpg figures, but I can’t get them. I tend to...
  18. Oil 500 over

Ah, grammar! I did mean the engine, but I am reassured.
  19. Oil 500 over

Thanks, guys. I shall sleep peacefully - except when having Leon fun, of course!
  20. Oil 500 over

Year 3 Service/Oil Change with first MOT approaching. Done a few exta miles this year and I reckon I will be 500 miles over my alloted 10,000 by the time I want the Service done, the MOT being the governing factor. Not really worried about warranty at Year 3, but could I do any harm by letting...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.