Search results

1. Cupra 290 ST Brochure / Spec Listing 2016

I had a late 66 registered 290 Cupra Black ST DSG. Ordered it in August 2016 and wasn't registered until the following Feb due to VWFS refusing to let me hand back my previous car. Brochure I had was from the August. Researched the car thoroughly, so can hopefully answer any questions.
  2. Getting my first Cupra. Some questions

Have leased mine for 38 months so far. Use the performance but only when oil is warm. Pads only around 10% worn since new and oil consumption negligible between services, to prove it. FSH and polished regularly. If it wasn't for the common split driver's bucket seat bolster, it would be...
  3. Manual Rev Limiter

The highest that my DSG 290 reaches is 6,800, in second when kicking down in drive or sport. It occasionally reaches 6,600 in third too, also in drive. Both are 'in the red' but how the car behaves when left to its own devices. Once wrong slotted a 1.0 Micra from 5th to 2nd at 70. The dashboard...
  4. Seat Leon Cupra bucket crack in the furniture

Mine did this at 2 years and less than 20,000 miles. Really annoyed, as have always stepped into bucket rather than slide across. Can't vouch for Mrs, but her a55 isn't that big. Flat no from dealer when asked about repair under warranty. Puts me off having another Cupra to be honest. Shame as I...
  5. Cupra 290BE Bucket seat white trim cracked!

+1 for the cracked trim. 25 months and 20000 miles. Carefully stepping over bolster from day 1 and regular cleaning. I've driven some old wrecks, but never had a ripped seat until now. Very disappointed. Love the car, but dealer's response will decide whether a Cupra Leon or something from Alfa...
  6. Cupra vs FR

I had the same dilemma two years ago. My reasoning for choosing a Cupra was that four years with an FR would be 'brilliant but if only'. Don't regret picking the Cupra. Never get tired of how it looks and the ability to reach motorway speeds from standstill in less than 7 seconds.
  7. Cupra vs FR

8. Which Continental 5P tyre?

AO I think. My rears have it on sidewalls. Have PS4S on the front and love them.
  9. Leon ST 190 DSG FR

I didn't mention that my Leon is a 6 speed. The model you mention is 7 speed. I don't know whether this is the old (DQ200 I think) box, which does have issues with clutch packs or a better version. Worth checking.
  10. Leon ST 190 DSG FR

I switched from an Ibiza FR DSG to an ST Cupra 290 DSG two years ago. The Leon feels far larger and more premium. Space, as you'll guess, is larger everywhere within the cabin and boot. The gearbox feels more sorted, without taking forever to change down or clutch judder as in my Ibiza. I like...
  11. To those of you with a 2019 Cupra... how is the DSG7 box?

Giving absolute maxima of: 1: 36 35 2: 58 56 3: 82 81 4: 109 109 5: 143 143 6: 155 155 7: NA 155 Both assuming a rev limit of 6,700 which seems accurate from my own car and...
  12. To those of you with a 2019 Cupra... how is the DSG7 box?

Thanks, keeping the engine below 2.5k even on a spirited motorway run sounds like progress!
  13. To those of you with a 2019 Cupra... how is the DSG7 box?

I'd be interested to find out what the mph/1000rpm figure is in 7th. Love my 290 DSG but could easily manage lower rpm at a motorway cruise without affecting acceleration too much.
  14. Stiff clutch for 16 tdi

We have a 2014 model. The clutch is heavy and 1st gear has a slightly higher ratio than ideal for smooth town driving. Definitely weak point of the car. Petrol manuals I've had as courtesy cars prove far nicer to drive due to a lighter clutch and sweeter drive train. I find the cr tdi engine...
  15. Difference between cupra 280 and 290

I don't think that the amount of torque changed but seem to remember that the rev range in which it is developed is slightly wider. All on paper at least, as a rolling road will prove that the torque curve isn't completely flat and that 276/286bhp is a bit pessimistic.
  16. Cupra Black Alloy touch up paint

Thanks, pretty much identical to that. As long as it isn't obvious to me every time I look at the car, and acceptable to VWFS, I'll be happy.
  17. Cupra Black Alloy touch up paint

Thanks for the information. I'll look into getting it refurbished professionally then. Trying to achieve the same finish with wet and dry paper plus clear lacquer might end in tears.
  18. Cupra Black Alloy touch up paint

Hi all, I managed to catch one wheel entering a car park recently. The Continental's rim protection strip got shredded, so did its job. Also means I can upgrade the fronts to PS4S early. I have scratched the silver part of the wheel. Does a touch up kit exist for this? I've seen lots for the...
  19. MPG figures

It will get better with mileage. See whether V Power/Momentum makes any difference. Some, including me, find it does whilst others don't. My Cupra DSG ST gets around 30-31 average. 33 typical on commute using mixture of roads. 36 best I've seen, although computer is optimistic, so shave at least...
  20. Continental Sport-Contact-5 life expectancy on Cupra

I echo other points, about the 5p being a crap tyre. After 11.5k, my fronts are just below 4mm and the rears slightly under 6. Car is a 290ST DSG. Had an expensive couple of months, so will leave the fronts until 3mm before switching to 4Ss. They seem quite cheap on Black Circles at the moment...