Search results

1. Sethmate

1.8t won't start - single click from starter motor

Went out to start up my 03 1.8t cupra. Single click on turning key in ignition. Looks like wire from battery to starter motor has sheared at the battery terminal clamp Car will start if someone is applying pressure to the cable onto the terminal, but obviously need a second person to do that...
  2. Sethmate

More expense!!

Thanks - I intend to. Getting it to the garage tomorrow to get looked at.
  3. Sethmate

More expense!!

Photo is what is left of driver's side rear top mount after hitting a pothole on Sunday morning!! Hoping that only a new top mount and shock is required, and nothing more serious / untoward is found around the mounting point. Not ready to say goodbye to it yet as have had it from new, but at...
  4. Sethmate

Urgent: MK1 Leon CUPRA owners - want your car in Autocar?

Sounds interesting - will look out for the article in due course. Would love to volunteer, but unfortunately the car - at 200k miles and owned by us from new - is showing signs of wear and tear! Still, if photoshoot happens to be in Northumberland I'm sure there is a good side to the car we...
  5. Sethmate

High mileage Cupra

+1 Had our cupra from new, now coming up to its 15th birthday and 200k. Like you say, other things start falling - remote locking, passenger window, the odd damp carpet. But love the car and wouldn't change it.
  6. Sethmate

Glove box handle

Same thing happened to me. Handle snapped. I had same thoughts as you and thought it would be an easy swap, but eBay seems to only have complete glove boxes for sale. I've figured I can live with things as they are for the time being!
  7. Sethmate

how many miles has everybody done??

03 reg Cupra - have done all bar the delivery miles in a total of 158600 miles from new - bought brand new from Alexandra Bridge in Sunderland (having previously an x reg1.9 tdi s leon for 70k miles), dealer servicing for first 80k miles, then home servicing and Valley VW in Hexham for bigger...
  8. Sethmate

Glovebox Door

Blimey - exact same thing happened to me yesterday, except my wallet was locked in the glovebox at the time! Not having had much of a chance to think what needs to be done since I snapped it, I thought it looked like there was a panel on the right hand side of the inside (back) of the door...
  9. Sethmate

how many miles has everybody done??

'03 1.8T "black magic" Cupra - 149k. Owned from new as a "wedding present" to ourselves.
  10. Sethmate

Saris Bones 3 cycle carrier

Having seen this thread being resurrected after a few years - I think I probably used it maybe 2 or 3 more times on the leon, once on a clio and twice on a passat company car and never once felt that it was actually secure. In the end I got thule bars and feet from e-bay and twin roofrack...
  11. Sethmate

Saris Bones 3 cycle carrier

J - I also bought a Saris bike carrier to fit on my MY03 LC. I have to admit I shared your confusion with how to fit it. I have managed to fit it on a few times and it has stayed on okay in the past with a bit of "tweaking!". The metal S-shaped hooks will hook under the top lip of the...
  12. Sethmate

race with bmw m5 (thought they were menna b fast)

maybe he was just checking out what was on the radio!!
  13. Sethmate

How many Miles per Tank??

I think I get about 800 miles to the tank, no bother;) No mods to the car, apart from the 15 gallon tank on the trailer attached to the back of the car!! Seriously, if we're that bothered about 280 miles, or 300 miles, or whatever on a tank, this would be the toyota prius website
  14. Sethmate

New Leon on Fifth Gear

Is this not becoming a bit of a "nobody loves us" rant. Enjoy the fact that the LC / LCR are (relatively) hidden gems and that those of us who have them have "seen the light". Could be wrong, but I seem to recall that the LC / mk1 leon won several awards from Top Gear / Fifth Gear when it...