Search results

1. Service Indicator

Hmm i've tried this and I simply get the message that the service is due. Bizarre!
  2. Service Indicator

So The Toledo approaches 12 months old and has just passed through its first service. What bothers me is that the service indicator hasn't been reset (used independent employing official parts) Checked the handbook and it tells me the 0.0 reset button will help me. However as they value...
  3. What's your MPG?

Well I was delighted to tip over 50mpg on a steady run to the old's but that was a well measured journey with very little in the way of 'boot is best' method. I'm also 101% certain that the mrs travels everywhere flat out- I simply cannot replicate her MPG without thrashing the chebs off the...
  4. TOLEDO IV Recalls

Thanks for making me aware of this matey- had no idea there was a recall of any sorts let alone on the Toledo. I've noticed something not quite right in the steering on my 14 1.2tsi. Will be making contact as i've received no notification.
  5. Oil Service

Cheers matey. I did speak to SEAT and they think the service light has tripped on early for 10k. I'll have a look for the code
  6. Oil Service

My 2014 Toledo has started throwing up the 'change oil' message when starting and I can't figure out why :wtf: The vehicle isn't yet at a 12 month interval (as per service booklet recommended or up to 20,000 miles) and has covered only 9,000 miles. I can't understand why its pinged up now...
  7. What's your MPG?

I hadn't considered the bigger wheels making a difference. But you are right its all too easy to keep it pushing along instead of cruising. I'm well aware the mrs does too given the NIP that arrived the other morning! I'm off down to my parent's on 22nd (Stafford to Cornwall) so i'll set the...
  8. What's your MPG?

Currently own a 2014 1.2 tsi 105 Toledo which given i'd gone to buy a Leon i'm very happy with. However i've noticed that the official claimed figures for the MPG are way above what the car seems to manage. It is supposedly capable of combined 55.4mpg and the absolute best i've ever managed...
  9. Accelerator problems?

Clutch sounds a fair shout to me, do the engine revs sound as though they are surging up and then coming back to normal levels when changing? I had a similar symptom that started on my 1ltr recently and it turned out to be collapsed baffles in the back box restricting the engine.
  10. Windows and locking opening themselves

Stands a good chance of being inter-connected then. Keep an eye on it but should be an easy fix if it crops up again.
  11. Windows and locking opening themselves

Could be a switch in one of the locks that is causing it to continuously lock and unlock. Not so sure about the windows but it'd be worth letting someone have a look at it for swifter diagnosis. Shouldn't be too expensive a fix.
  12. Fuel Pump

And there you have it. Back box had disintegrated- £29.10 for a new one and all is right again. Just to service it and treat it to a polish
  13. Fuel Pump

Updated once more- bizarrely it would appear that there has been a collapse in the exhaust (probably cat) which is causing backpressure into the engine and ultimately the stalling. Should be right as rain by morning!
  14. stop-start doesn't

Puzzling really given that the two cars come from the same place. Meh, problem solved at least. The worst thing about it is if i'd have asked the other half who drives the car on a daily basis she could have given me the answer. Worked it out in July when we had the car!
  15. stop-start doesn't

There's a manual?!
  16. stop-start doesn't

Also if ventilation is set to full it won't work either. Tried ours out today and it does work properly once up to temp/ not flat out.
  17. stop-start doesn't

I'll have to test this out as i've often noted the stop/ start simply doesn't operate on our tsi 105.
  18. Fuel Pump

Update- i've had the throttle body off this afternoon and there is a fair amount of oil in the air box and around the body itself but therein it doesn't appear the airbox has ever been removed/ opened. Cleaned it off and given the earth strap a good clean, some gunk in the breather pipe removed...
  19. thieving trolls out again

utter barstools, unfortunately if someone has shelled out a little on their wheels there will be some total ball wart wanting to lift it. Had a few bits nicked from my Mk2 Golf, sad to think that we share a common interest with people like this. Hope you get some news back that helps ;)
  20. Fuel Pump

Hi folks Sorry to be a nuisance (tried a forum search but didn't pick up anything relating) but i'm currently experiencing an issue with my 97 1ltr Arosa. Very recently its been stuttering under load eg, two fat chuffers on board and motorway speeds but this morning i've had a right game...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members