Search results

1. rockson

Platinum FR - wolf in sheeps clothing

Friendly laws you have. :coolthumb In our country every MOT includes also emissions test . No way you can pass without a cat. :redcard:
  2. rockson

Platinum FR - wolf in sheeps clothing

Car's looking great:coolthumb Don't you need working cat for the MOT? Wouldn't it be better to weld in flanges, so you could install cat before MOT?
  3. rockson

Rok's Leon Mk1 20VT TS

So, after the Time attack event, I was pretty gutted with the time. The track is very technical, with pretty tight infield. I had a lot of understeer (despite Yoko AD08R tyres) and there was just not enough power on the lower rev range. I decided to get some camber plates, so these were ordered...
  4. rockson

Rok's Leon Mk1 20VT TS

There was some carbon bild up in the throttle body, but not as much as one would expect after 15 years: After cleaning: Much better. Still have to see if idle will be better now. Fitting a TT strut brace is quite demanding. We gave up yesterday as it was getting late, but we made a...
  5. rockson

Rok's Leon Mk1 20VT TS

Today the car will get the regular service treatment - new Mobil FS X1 5W-50 oil, new oil filter (from Golf 2 diesel, which holds a lot more oil), the panel K&N filter will be installed, throttle body will be cleaned (with new gasket) and TT strut will be fitted if there will be enough time to...
  6. rockson

Rok's Leon Mk1 20VT TS

Finaly got me some proper wheel cleaner The wheels could sure use a refurb. Might have this sorted in the winter if I don't decide to buy some other lightweight wheels.
  7. rockson

Rok's Leon Mk1 20VT TS

Just a random pic, missus took
  8. rockson

Rok's Leon Mk1 20VT TS

Guess it's time for a little update. Unfortunately, due to the whole jobe changing scenario I didn't have any time to sort everything out, to get the Brembos on. :no: But since I really couldn't bear with the juddering brakes, I got DS2500 brake pads front and rear, braided brake lines and...
  9. rockson

Rok's Leon Mk1 20VT TS

Decision about brake upgrade has also been made. I found a couple of new Brembo GT Type B calipers (original on Porsche 911, model 993 turbo) at a good price. I will combine them with the 323x28 Tarox G88 or F2000 brake disks with Tarox Corsa pads, braided brake lines and performance brake...
  10. rockson

Rok's Leon Mk1 20VT TS

I finally fitted the new rear wiper motor and the wiper arm from Skoda Fabia: Also had a look under the side skirts - for the first time in 13 years - and everything is ok. However I will have to take care of the damage, that jacks have done to the bottom: This will have to be...
  11. rockson

LCR and CUPRA differences?

I guess my question fits best in this thread. I'm a bit confused about the difference between cupra and cupra R rear brake calipers. I have searched over etka and found something confusing: cupra and cupra r have the same calipers (part number is the same, apart from the colour), whilst...
  12. rockson

Rok's Leon Mk1 20VT TS

Just one random pic of the car - and a little fluffy guy in the passenger seat :D
  13. rockson

Rok's Leon Mk1 20VT TS

Finally I got time to leave my car at my mechanic, who tried to solve the following issues: - Engine overheating while driving hard - Some squeaking noise in the engine compartment when the AC was on - Left rear brake caliper was not returning all the way - Squeaking noise from underneath the...
  14. rockson

Rok's Leon Mk1 20VT TS

Thx mate :thumbup: I am trying to keep it in the best possible condition, as it is such a great drivers car - at least for me.
  15. rockson

Rok's Leon Mk1 20VT TS

Then we had a quick drive with my buddies:
  16. rockson

Rok's Leon Mk1 20VT TS

Center caps were ordered: When looking for center caps, I also came across bonnet rubber seal, which I wanted for a long time and fixation (sorry, don't know the the expression for these) for the floor mats: Rubber seal installed: Floor mats fixated: Then I also found the...
  17. rockson

Rok's Leon Mk1 20VT TS

Mid June my friend, my GF and I went on a weekend tour thru Dolomites. We drove over 860 kilometres, with average consumption 14,5 litres per 100 km. So tempo was pretty high. We got lucky with the weather as it was sunny the whole time. What I found out: The tyres are absolutely insane. The...
  18. rockson

Rok's Leon Mk1 20VT TS

Next, there was time for inspection. I had some issues with brakes shaking (although these were new previous year) and the alignment was off. For both issues there was no particular reason - I haven't overheated the brakes and did not climb over any curbs. In the process of alignment, which...
  19. rockson

Rok's Leon Mk1 20VT TS

This year there have been a few things done to my Leon. I got a great deal on a 2nd hand LCR steering wheel, which needed refurb. Also got new Cupra R badge for it: Refurbed steering wheel with the new badge: Installed: I really love the Cupra R steering wheel as it is thicker and...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.